This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• chaosof99 said:

Apreche said:
    I can recommend Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Spelunky and FTL: Faster than Light. I also heard great things about Rogue Legacy but I've never played it (though I've already bought it before at some other sale).
    OMG Y U NO Rogue Legacy??!?!
  • Just never got around to it.
  • chaosof99 said:

Just never got around to it.

• It's a toss up between amount of time spent playing between Spelunky and Rogue Legacy, but I haven't beat either game because I don't really have patience for these types of games. Rogue Legacy was the closest I've been determined to beat, but I think I kinda backed myself into a corner on the stats.

Abyss Odyssey is actually kinda a cool game too. Platformer with a Smash-esque fighting system. But once I beat it once and unlocked all the characters I lost interest in it completely. It's also kinda buggy in spots.

Heavy Bullets is kinda cool. I might go back to it again at some point.

Risk of Rain is kinda cool too but not really my thing. One of my buddies got REALLY into it for a while and I tried playing online with him but it just wasn't doing it for me. I like Don't Starve well enough too.

I was kinda interested in The Pit and Desktop Dungeon at some point but I probably won't ever buy them separately.
  • Abyss Odyssey and Crypt of the Necrodancer are two games on this sale that I don't have but I have interest for, but I'm not sure if I should get ether of them now, or wait until some other sale.
  • I just started playing Rogue Legacy a few weeks ago and have beaten it a couple times already. That game is totally my jam. It makes for a great portable game since lives tend to go quickly.
  • Apsup said:

Abyss Odyssey and Crypt of the Necrodancer are two games on this sale that I don't have but I have interest for, but I'm not sure if I should get ether of them now, or wait until some other sale.

I'd probably wait for Abyss to get a bit lower I suppose. It's not that fantastic of a game.
  • MATATAT said:

Apsup said:

Abyss Odyssey and Crypt of the Necrodancer are two games on this sale that I don't have but I have interest for, but I'm not sure if I should get ether of them now, or wait until some other sale.

I'd probably wait for Abyss to get a bit lower I suppose. It's not that fantastic of a game.
    Yea, I went with Necrodancer and left Abyss to wait for bigger sale. I already have few unplayed 2D actiony games waiting for me, while I really don't have anything that does what Necrodancer does.

• Figured I could throw some thoughts out as well:

I loved Rogue Legacy, I've beaten it more than once on various modes of difficulty. It's basically randomized Metroidvania which is 100% my jam. At this price it's a must buy.

Don't Starve is a pretty fun game as well. It's a survival crafting game with a ton of style. If that sounds like your idea of a fun time it's definitely worth the 5 bucks.

I love the original Binding of Issac but I must suck at these type of games because I've yet to beat it once. Still, a really fun game, even if it kicks my butt often. I'll have to pick up Rebirth at some point.

Same goes for FTL, great game, but I must suck at these games because I can't beat it on normal mode. I feel like there's some sort of Gnosis on both these games that I'm just not picking up.

Vertical Drop Heros was ok, kind of a downward scrolling Rogue Legacy but nearly as memorable. Not bad for the price, but not a must buy.

Our Darker Purpose is also ok for the price. Kind of a clone of Binding of Issac but with a ink sketch style. For under 4 bucks fans of Issac might want to take a look at it.

I might pick up Desktop Dungeon. I remember hearing about in on podcast a while ago (I think it was Fast Karate). It was a free game at the time and it was a fun enough time waster. Not sure if its worth the 7.50 though, the original version wouldn't have been.
  • edited April 2015
    GOG has a sale right now on Star Wars spaceship games.

Tempting...

Addendum: Steam also has a bundle on sale with all of the tie fighter x-wing esque games in it, which ends up being much cheaper. So depending on what you might be interested in it might be worth buying through steam.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • MATATAT said:

GOG has a sale right now on Star Wars spaceship games.

Tempting...

Addendum: Steam also has a bundle on sale with all of the tie fighter x-wing esque games in it, which ends up being much cheaper. So depending on what you might be interested in it might be worth buying through steam.

I was just going to say I was hoping those would come to steam... and now they are there..... and I ask myself do I wait for a steam sale or bundle....
  • In my excitement I didn't realize that the discount on the bundle is only 10%. So it depends. It's probably going to go on way more of a sale during, say, the summer sale.
  • Despite being nerdy, it is well known that I am not a fan of Star Trek.

Then think about what it means when I tell you that these two point and click Star Trek adventure games that have just been made available on GOG.com are top notch.

http://www.gog.com/game/star_trek_25th_anniversary

http://www.gog.com/game/star_trek_judgment_rites

I played these way back in the day on old Macintosh computers. Unlike other point and click adventure games that had nonsense logic like Maniac Mansion, these games made sense in terms of the Star Trek world. Beam down to planet. Use phaser on alien. Scan for readings on the thing you just found. Set course for the ass crack of space.

They're also selling a much newer one that I never played and know nothing about.

http://www.gog.com/game/star_trek_starfleet_academy
  • Starfleet Academy is a space combat sim primarily. I liked it as a huge Star Trek fan at the time, but I somewhat doubt it holds up very well compared to stuff like the Star Wars space combat games, Freespace, and Independence War.
  • Witchter 2 Enhanced edition is on sale for 2.49 on Steam. Figured I give it a whirl before 3 comes out.
  • Watching my buddy play Elite Dangeroso for a few minutes. Dang, this looks awesome!

Go to steam store.

$60.

Welp, play it in two years I guess.
  • Starfox said:

Watching my buddy play Elite Dangeroso for a few minutes. Dang, this looks awesome!

Go to steam store.

$60.

Welp, play it in two years I guess.

If you want something with modern graphics and dog fighting for the moment, you could pick-up Star Citizen with the bonus that you'll also eventually get multiple single player episodes, persistent universe and you can already run around in an FPS situation with a zero g shootemup arena soon to be released.
  • yea SOMEDAY you'll get that stuff..and it might be good and all work together.
  • alpha

$45

That's a joke, right?
  • Starfox said:

alpha

$45

That's a joke, right?
    Well there are early access games on Steam well above that price but I guess your decision is based on how much disposable income you have at the moment.
  • Star Citizen is a ponzii scheme. Just like Amway.
  • It's not my level of disposable income, it's that 45 bucks is more than I've paid for a game in... A decade? Brand new CS:GO was like 15. Basically no game is worth that to me.
  • That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard this week probably. But hey, it's your money.
  • GOG Summer Sale is on now.

Steam Summer sale will probably be around 4th of July as usual.
  • The Humble All-Stars Bundle has a bunch of the top indie games ever on sale.
  • I've update my 3DS due to con season and noticed that Nintendo is doing something interesting.

If you want to remove all the BS from streetpassing (last game you played, name of the person, hobby, etc) you can pay 5 bucks to add the ability to cut that out. In addition you can also collect birthdays for tickets for the costumes with it.

Also two more candy box games to not give a shit about. Although the zombie one appears to be actiony.
  • edited June 2015
    Coldguy said:

I've update my 3DS due to con season and noticed that Nintendo is doing something interesting.

If you want to remove all the BS from streetpassing (last game you played, name of the person, hobby, etc) you can pay 5 bucks to add the ability to cut that out. In addition you can also collect birthdays for tickets for the costumes with it.

Also two more candy box games to not give a shit about. Although the zombie one appears to be actiony.

I upgraded quite awhile ago. Zombie game is actiony. Fishing game is my jam, though. I've given up all candy boxes EXCEPT for the fishing game.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Steam summer sale 2015 has begun.
  • edited June 2015
    oh god no

I kid. There is literally nothing on sale now that I want to play. Not for those prices anyways.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on