This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Yet again, sale after sale x-com and Valkyria Chronicles continue being games that I'd buy and play for the price they are going for, but I know I'm not investing the time to them right now, so I'll pass.
  • I tried Valkyria Chronicles when it was still on the PS3. Seems like people enjoy it and I watched Dave play some on a stream, but playing it myself I just couldn't really get into it.
  • edited June 2015
    Cool idea, making us play a game but I can't connect to any of them. Been at it over an hour now.

And just as I post this.... I'm in. Something about squeaky wheels getting the grease.
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • GTA V is on sale, but only if you buy it bundled with a "Great White Shark Cash Card" that costs $25. Guess how much the discount is? yeah, it's $25
  • Fuck all, I assume.

Still, it's a pretty good game. I've been enjoying the shit out of the online recently.
  • So, there are currently three ways to buy GTA V

1) On its own for $59.99
    2) Bundled with a cash card for $59.99
    3) Bundled with a cash card and Max Payne 3 for $59.99

wut

Also speculation on reddit is that the cash card is primarily there to prevent returns.
  • Or maybe they're just trying to sweeten the pot, because a relatively new AAA PC title isn't going to go on deep sale this early, and they're trying to make more sales. Reddit's weird mundane conspiracy theories strike again.
  • Yeah probably. There's a thread about games that had their prices raised to seem like better sales and most to all of them were wrong.
  • Might get some of these newer Wolfenstein games. Been awhile since I played a single player FPS. Want to shoot stuff.
  • edited June 2015
    Yeah I just got The Old Blood (which is standalone I believe). But, while I never beat it, The New Order was pretty damn fun. It's mostly just a pew pew game, there's some light stealth, but it's enjoyable.

I actually keep meaning to go back to finish it there was a few caveats at the time. One was that the game fucks up if its installed on either a different drive than Steam or a different drive than the OS, can't remember which. When I was using my headphones with the optical port the sound got fucked up. For some reason the sound only works on a certain amount of channels on the sound. Also for some reason it didn't work that well on NVIDIA, but I managed to get it to work okay eventually. It was kinda a pain in the ass to get it eventually running faster than 2 frames per second with a good graphics card.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • edited June 2015
    This is brilliant
    Post edited by SuperPichu on
  • This War of Mine for 60% off is pretty good.
  • MATATAT said:

Yeah I just got The Old Blood (which is standalone I believe). But, while I never beat it, The New Order was pretty damn fun. It's mostly just a pew pew game, there's some light stealth, but it's enjoyable.
    I actually keep meaning to go back to finish it there was a few caveats at the time. One was that the game fucks up if its installed on either a different drive than Steam or a different drive than the OS, can't remember which. When I was using my headphones with the optical port the sound got fucked up. For some reason the sound only works on a certain amount of channels on the sound. Also for some reason it didn't work that well on NVIDIA, but I managed to get it to work okay eventually. It was kinda a pain in the ass to get it eventually running faster than 2 frames per second with a good graphics card.

Yeah I just bought The Old Blood. However I played through The New Order.
    I didn't seem to have the same difficulties as you with the hardware, however I wasn't using an optical prot for sound, just analog headphone into a standalone sound card. I played through on my old AMD crossfired 7950s at 2560x1600 and it seemed to work find. However I haven't played it on an nVidia system yet.

You can play that game balls to the wall, sneaky or in-between. I did as much of it as sneakily as possible which made some parts easier than others, it also lead to different skill level ups which just make you better in your play style which I enjoyed. Also when sneaking I found quite a few back entrances and shortcuts that let me get to higher up officers without dealing with heavy or powerful enemies.

I always like playing these games in a stealthy manner to see if the game or AI developer has put much focus into having enemies react to sound or change in light.

This War of Mine for 60% off is pretty good.

However very depressing.

• Particle Mace is $2.25
    Nidhogg is $1.50

Bought both. Looking forward to hogging some nids and macing some particles.
  • edited June 2015
    I guess I'll have to finally play Borderlands now that it's basically -80% on all of the games.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Bought Borderlands Pre-sequel with Season pass for 25 bones. Not bad at all.
  • Verdun is $11. Is it worth it?
  • Has anyone played the new Cities game? If so, how is it?

Cities: Skylines?

Haven't yet played much and my first town went bankrupt as I failed properly to connect the outside roads and no people got in my city.

But everything I've heard says it's a great follower for the Sim City spirit and I have no reason to doubt that based on my experience.

• I forgot there was a Steam sale.

Seems fun. I've played a bit of it. From some reports I've read it is what the last sim city should have been.
  • cities is fun. I made a couple towns in it. By all accounts it's what people wanted the newest sim city to be.
  • Is Dishonored worth getting? A few of my Steam friends think it's pretty amazing but Dave and Joel said it suffered from the stealth game problem of "why stealth when you can run around shooting everyone". There is obviously hype from the Dishonored 2 going on.

I do not have a shortage of games (I think I have 4 new games from the Steam sale so far) I just want to play it if it's wothy of all the praise.

Also how about Ori and the Blind Forest, looks like a fun plat-former.

So much time in bed recovering from an operation, all I can do is program or play games.
  • Ori is a pretty dope game, if you got nothing else to play go for that one.
  • I liked Dishonored. It sorta reminded me more of the Deus Ex games. I mean, you can run around and kill shit, but it sorta penalizes you in a way by doing so. However, and I remember Dave mentioning this at some point too, there is a skill where you can see people through walls. But it also turns everything green. So you will be playing the game a lot with green vision turned on. It's definitely one of those things that is just such a huge optimization playing without it is foolish. But then you miss a lot of the details of the actual game.
  • sK0pe said:

Is Dishonored worth getting? A few of my Steam friends think it's pretty amazing but Dave and Joel said it suffered from the stealth game problem of "why stealth when you can run around shooting everyone". There is obviously hype from the Dishonored 2 going on.

I do not have a shortage of games (I think I have 4 new games from the Steam sale so far) I just want to play it if it's wothy of all the praise.

Also how about Ori and the Blind Forest, looks like a fun plat-former.

I greatly enjoyed Dishonored (never spent the time to beat it all the way through though). You can play Dishonored as a pure stealth game (I enjoyed taking the time to do the non-lethal take downs of bosses). The game just allows you to play it as pure action for those who dislike stealth.

Everything I have heard about Ori and the Blind Forest is positive in nature, though I have not played it myself.
  • Well that sounds positive, I was pretty annoyed by Deus Ex: Human Revolution in terms of stealth, I made my character as stealthy and hack focused as possible then found the bosses were all about fighting head on, I got bored after a while and didn't finish it (I usually finish all the games I get). Thanks for the recommendations.
  • They have apparently changed that in DE:HR, and added a bunch of stealth-focused ways of getting through the bosses. Don't know how good they are, since I haven't played since rather before then, but I'm told they're in place.
  • Churba said:

They have apparently changed that in DE:HR, and added a bunch of stealth-focused ways of getting through the bosses. Don't know how good they are, since I haven't played since rather before then, but I'm told they're in place.

Yeah I've been thinking about playing it again. They had one of the designers on the giant bomb recap day 2 and they were joking around about the boss fights.