This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Is there anyone who possibly doesn't have Portal 2 that would want it? I have an extra copy.
  • My kid brother would greatly appreciate it. He needs games for his new PC.
  • I might have a few keys from old humble bundles of games I already had if he'd want them.
  • My kid brother would greatly appreciate it. He needs games for his new PC.

Sent you a PM.
  • Stealth Inc 2 is free in the Humble Store right now.
  • I've got a tabletop simulator key if anyone would like it
  • Alaric728 said:

I've got a tabletop simulator key if anyone would like it

Yo.
  • I already played Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS. If you want to play it on Steam, here is a code! 2TGEA-YXQR5-D85T2
  • Apreche said:

I already played Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS. If you want to play it on Steam, here is a code! 2TGEA-YXQR5-D85T2

Used it. Thanks.
  • Amnesia: The Dark Descent is free on steam today only. http://store.steampowered.com/app/57300/
  • For the next day, Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee is totally free on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/15700
  • Damnit, missed Amnesia.
  • Got codes for things I already own from Humble Bundle:

Deponia
    Gone Home (with Soundtrack it says)
    Planetary Annihilation
    Sir, You Are Being Hunted
    Q.U.B.E DIRECTORS CUT

I might possibly be keeping the PA key for a friend but something tells me he doesn't really want it so I'm putting it up for now.
  • I was a fool and bought a few extra humble bundles and will never use some keys, soooooo:
    Ultra Street Fighter® IV, Gone Home With Soundtrack, Chaos on Deponia, Deponia, Gang Beasts (Early Access), Goodbye Deponia, Planetary Annihilation, Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut, Sir, You Are Being Hunted, Skullgirls + All DLC, Xenonauts, Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians, Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Enhanced Edition, Dark Souls™: Prepare To Die™ Edition, PAC-MAN™ Championship Edition DX+ All You Can..., Ridge Racer™ Unbounded Bundle, The Stanley Parable, Shadowrun Returns

And many more... Just message me if you want a key
  • The problem with Humble Bundles is I feel like I'd rather just pay for the games I want instead of ending up with a bunch of cruft (see above). But I guess it's nice for giving away if people want it.
  • MATATAT said:

The problem with Humble Bundles is I feel like I'd rather just pay for the games I want instead of ending up with a bunch of cruft (see above). But I guess it's nice for giving away if people want it.

It's that and there's always a game or two in them that I'd like to play and I can get them on the cheap
  • The Capcom bundle right now is worth at least a dollar for Strider and Bionic Commando: Rearmed.
  • Tis a good game.
  • There are crazy deals on gog.com right now, not the least of which is a deal with all of the Star Wars flight sims and a bunch of other games Get on that if you don't already own them.
  • All the classic JPRGs like your Final Fantasies (IV, VI), your Chorno Trigger, your FF: Tactics, and your Secret of Mana are on iOS/Android, but are usually overpriced at $15. Right now they are slightly less overpriced at around $8 due to holiday sale.

I might get Tactics. That's a good game for a giant iPad.
  • Hmm, yeah Tactics seems like a good iOS style game. Unless the controls are straight garbage.
  • A friend reviewed the Tactics port and said it was a shoddy port. I'd like to hear another opinion.

I bought and played FF1 and FF2 on my phone. I bought FF3 but haven't started it yet; it's a quasi-3D remake of some sort, where as the others were just cleaned up sprites and maps.
  • okeefe said:

A friend reviewed the Tactics port and said it was a shoddy port. I'd like to hear another opinion.

I bought and played FF1 and FF2 on my phone. I bought FF3 but haven't started it yet; it's a quasi-3D remake of some sort, where as the others were just cleaned up sprites and maps.

I didn't play the original, so I can't really judge it as a port if I do buy it.
  • Observations based entirely on screenshots and reading wiki articles (seriously, I haven't played any of these on iOS) -

Dragon Quest IV-VI look like the DS versions, which are excellent ports of great games (and also not on sale, booo).
    FF1 & FF2 both look like the PSP versions.
    FF4 looks like the DS version with the 3D models instead of sprites (which is as much of a second-quest as it is a port)
    FF6 is a jumbled mish-mash of pixel art variously filtered and scaled. But it's still FF6, and I hear people like that game.
    Chrono Trigger is the best 16-bit RPG, so it's hard to go wrong... even if the menus look out of place next to the original pixel art. :P
    Final Fantasy Tactics looks like War of the Lions, the PSP port.
  • Apreche said:

okeefe said:

A friend reviewed the Tactics port and said it was a shoddy port. I'd like to hear another opinion.

I didn't play the original, so I can't really judge it as a port if I do buy it.
    You can judge whether it feels clunky and bad.
  • Apreche said:

okeefe said:

The PSP port of Tactics had quite obvious and annoying sound issues in it and I might remember reading something about iOS port sharing that. Not sure though.
    It might just be generally clunky too. Although there is certain amounts of clunkiness in the very core and nature of the game, definitely not the smoothest game of it's type.

• Should I get Remember Me?