This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• I would not have thought that game was single player. Coding it for AI play would take more effort than coding it for online play, right?
  • Or just watch the game on youtube.
    Such is the problem with many games.
  • I couldn't sleep one night and watched MSG4 which gave me the impression that it was a parody but the games it was parodying don't exist.
  • I fucking love this game.
    Died shortly thereafter. :c
    But ranked up 25 times from that!
  • Or just watch the game on youtube.
    Such is the problem with many games.
    I just watched the entire game. Why couldn't Poker Night at the Inventory just be a weekly online TV show?
  • edited November 2010
    Is the game worth watching? How long is it?
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I just watched the entire game. Why couldn'tPoker Night at the Inventoryjust be a weekly online TV show?
    Because they would run out of material
  • Because they would run out of material
    So would Seinfeld. Oh, wait...
  • Wow, the Indie Air pack pretty much has every indie game I wanted to try :-p
  • Probably gonna pick up Metro 2033.
  • I'm only slightly interested in the Mafia II, but it's way too much money.
  • edited November 2010
    Hmm. $2.50 is good for KOTOR and for MI2, although I've already finished both and don't feel like doing so again any time soon.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited November 2010
    I might pick up KOTOR and metro 2033. Probably just KOTOR, though.

If you like racing, I really suggest that you get Dirt2. Great game. I've played it to 100% twice and it's still fun.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I have every game in the AIR pack except Gratuitous Space Battles. Has anyone played it and can give me an opinion?
  • I have every game in the AIR pack except Gratuitous Space Battles. Has anyone played it and can give me an opinion?
    I have it, nothing too special. I think it has a demo on Steam if you wanna try it.
  • the AIR pack
    Are Flotilla or Altitude good?
  • edited November 2010
    I'm enjoying Altitude right now. It's very arcade-like but could be fun to play in teams.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Altitude is great fun. Flotilla is sooo boring.
  • Is Dirt 2 any good?
  • I really enjoyed Flotilla, but the campaign was much to short when I bought it at launch.
    Flotilla is sooo boring.
    Bitch you crazy.
  • edited November 2010
    Is Dirt 2 any good?
    Dirt 2 is great. It has two modes, simple and advanced. Simple just lets you pick the car and the race. Advanced lets you tweak individual settings on the car (suspension, downforce, gear ratio, etc) for each race and lets you save your setups for use later. In addition to being a solid racing game, the in-race banter between the CPU drivers is great. I've played it twice to 100% and I'm playing it again. Any other questions, just ask me.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I'm only slightly interested in the Mafia II, but it's way too much money.
    Yep, same here. I was expecting a bigger drop. I would pay say... 14 bucks.
  • Will Steam let me re-download the games I've bought? I'm pretty sure they're gonna have to wipe my hard drive while looking at my laptop and I had a good library building up.
  • Will Steam let me re-download the games I've bought? I'm pretty sure they're gonna have to wipe my hard drive while looking at my laptop and I had a good library building up.
    Yes. That's kind of the point of Steam. The only limitation is that your account can only be logged in on one computer at a time.
  • edited November 2010
    In addition to being a solid racing game, the in-race banter between the CPU drivers is great.
    If you're driving as Mark Tapper And you flip your car, does he say "Ah, f'fuck's sake! Some cunt with his arse out!"?
    Post edited by Churba on
  • In addition to being a solid racing game, the in-race banter between the CPU drivers is great.
    If you're driving as Mark Tapper And you flip your car, does he say "Ah, f'fuck's sake! Some cunt with his arse out!"?
    You don't drive as another rally driver, you drive as yourself. The banter is like, say Tanner Foust slams into Ken Blocks car during a turn, you'll hear over the "radio" "Hey! Watch it Tanner!" "Sorry Ken, I kinda lost it on that one." "Well you're paying for that one."
  • Got Dirt 2! 10GB download is going to have to wait a while.
  • Got Dirt 2! 10GB download is going to have to wait a while.
    Awesome! I look forward to playing with you later.

The good thing about Dirt 2 is, even though you can unlock better cars as you level up, driver skill and understanding of vehicle mechanics matters more, so you don't have to wait for your buddies to level up.
  • Also, as it's a rally game, memorizing the track is probably going to count for a lot.
  • I also just got Dirt 2. Is a racing wheel worth the investment or should I just get a wired Xbox controller?