This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Well it appears that Steam is also having a summer sale on their merchandising as well.
  • I finally got CKII. I never got on the Europa Universalis bandwagon, so this'll be interesting. Also picked up the Tribes:Ascend pack, Toy Soldiers, and WH40k: Space Marine (I played the demo. It was really fun).

Is Hitman, Mount & Blade, Vessel, and Qube worth it? I've never heard of the last two, and have never played any of them.
  • edited July 2012
    Despite being rife with bugs Dead Island is pretty fun. Me and a friend just played some co-op on it. Some of the production quality is laughably bad though, literally I was laughing.
    Is Hitman, Mount & Blade, Vessel, and Qube worth it? I've never heard of the last two, and have never played any of them.
    I had fun with Hitman. It's really hard to do everything 100% perfect but it usually makes sense too. Mount & Blade is kinda a weird game but fun, one of my friends played the shit out of it.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • edited July 2012
    Where were you guys months ago? Ah well, I am almost done with the game.
    Where were you months before that?
    WH40k: Space Marine
    The Mardi Gras Marines welcome another soul to the fight.
    Hitman
    The games are pretty cool. The bundle price is worth it for Blood Money alone.
    Mount & Blade
    Warband is the original Mount & Blade with many improvements. Fire & Sword is a ful stand-alone that adds some guns. Napoleonic Wars is Warband DLC that you need to grow a moustache for.
    Vessel
    Puzzle platformer with viscous water mechanics to solve puzzles. See demo.
    Qube
    First person puzzler with a Portal-like aesthetic, only no dialogue. It's a fun short game, and if you go batshit insane like I did you'll have a great time boasting about your godly puzzle solving prowess.

Those buying Saints Row, you can save 5 more Euros over purchasing the pack if you buy the game + season pass (the 3 missions packs and the Nyte Blade dlc) + all the DLC not contained in the season pass. Weird, no?

Also, HAROLD LOTT, ONE DOSH!
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • Spoke too soon about Skyrim being my last purchase, judging by Nine's seductive powers of description. Mroww.
  • What? HOW. What did I do?
  • Is Dead Island worth $11?
  • edited July 2012
    Is Dead Island worth $11?
    I dunno. It's more like a Borderlands type situation. The game to me is worth about ~$10 but it isn't fun unless you have at least one person to play with.

And if you want to play I will play it more, I kinda like it.
  • Also,
    Is Dead Island worth $11?
    I dunno. It's more like a Borderlands type situation. The game to me is worth about ~$10 but it isn't fun unless you have at least one person to play with.

And if you want to play I will play it more, I kinda like it.
    Same here. I could fuck up some zombies.

• Hmm, so it seems like in Australia they don't have the Hitman Collection, but that's OK since I can just buy Blood Money.

Another thing that's tempting me at the moment is the Prince of Persia pack, though I'l not fully convinced about buying all of them.

I think I'll get away from this sale without buying Saint's Row, though.
  • Didn't think I would buy anything. Got New Vegas Ultimate Edition for $10. If they ever try to release more DLC that are not in this Ultimate Edition, I just won't play them. I think I'll live.
  • edited July 2012
    Another thing that's tempting me at the moment is the Prince of Persia pack, though I'l not fully convinced about buying all of them.
    Watch out for always-online DRM.

Saints Row is GTA done hilariously well.
    Didn't think I would buy anything. Got New Vegas Ultimate Edition for $10. If they ever try to release more DLC that are not in this Ultimate Edition, I just won't play them. I think I'll live.
    They haven't come out with new DLC in a long time, have they?
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • Didn't think I would buy anything. Got New Vegas Ultimate Edition for $10. If they ever try to release more DLC that are not in this Ultimate Edition, I just won't play them. I think I'll live.
    They haven't come out with new DLC in a long time, have they?I have no idea. It's not like I'm paying attention that closely.
    They haven't come out with new DLC in a long time, have they?
    I have no idea. It's not like I'm paying attention that closely.

Scott they are done with DLC.
  • Got Fallout New Vegas UE and Cave Story+.
  • Put Cave Story in the basket but I'll wait for the new deals to buy it.
  • Oh, does it stay at the same price in your cart even after the flash sale ends? Nice trick.
  • Oh, does it stay at the same price in your cart even after the flash sale ends? Nice trick.
    No, but he has six hours on Cave Story and the new deals go up soon, so.
  • Hey has anyone had any experience with capturing video from a game? There is some hilarious that ends up happening to me and my friend on that game and I was thinking about making a sort of "videocast" about it.
  • The easiest way would be to pirate Fraps or something similar. Beware of hard drive bottlenecks.
  • edited July 2012
    Take care, running uncompressed video off to a hard drive fills it really fast. IIRC Hugh from NS2HD uses 4GB a minute.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited July 2012
    I've messed with fraps a little, wasn't sure if there was anything better.
    Take care, running uncompressed video off to a hard drive fills it really fast. IIRC Hugh from NS2HD uses 4GB a minute.
    Yeah, I was noticing that it fills up really fast. I was just turning it on when I thought something would be happening.

• Yeah, I was noticing that it fills up really fast. I was just turning it on when I thought something would be happening.
    You will miss the best stuff that way though.
  • If I was gonna play just one Ass Creed game, which one should it be?
    Revelations or brotherhood are both pretty boss.

• I started with 2 which I think is a good place as it spends quite a while teaching you the systems. AssBro has little setup and puts you straight back in where you left off.
    Any one but the first one. It gets some tower defense action after Brotherhood (I think).
  • Thoughts on Dear Esther and Rage?
  • Thoughts on Dear Esther and Rage?
    Rage is good, and pretty, but it doesn't really have an ending narrative wise. I'd say it is worth the $10.