This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Thoughts on Dear Esther and Rage?
    Not an actual game, texture pop-in everywhere. I've never seen much talk about either game. Just get Cave Story+ and have more fun.
  • Apparently Cave Story is unavailable for purchase via the Steam application on iOS and the flash sale ends before I get home.

Oh well.
  • edited July 2012
    Metro 2033 is a must try for shooter fans. Especially if you can appreciate a game that is a bit crazy and messed up.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Apparently Cave Story is unavailable for purchase via the Steam application on iOS and the flash sale ends before I get home.

Oh well.
    What is that nonsense! It's up there with the weird "Unavailable in your country" buggyness with the daily deals.
  • I've messed with fraps a little, wasn't sure if there was anything better.
    Take care, running uncompressed video off to a hard drive fills it really fast. IIRC Hugh from NS2HD uses 4GB a minute.
    Yeah, I was noticing that it fills up really fast. I was just turning it on when I thought something would be happening.
    MSI Afterburner(the graphics card overclocker) has a free screen capture component that will do some compression for you or leave it uncompressed if you prefer.

The most expensive thing I bought in the sale was $12.50 and it's still robbing me blind.

Oh well.
    I've been able to purchase games over the iPhone in the past by going to the Steam website in Safari and doing some zoom-and-tap ninja moves. The website isn't broken anything, just not well suited for mobile browsing.

• edited July 2012
    Apparently Cave Story is unavailable for purchase via the Steam application on iOS and the flash sale ends before I get home.

Oh well.
    You’ve received a gift of Cave Story
    from your friend Omnutia (╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
    Dear Rochelle,
    Lemme help you out with that.

Best Wishes,
    Fred, omnutia

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

THANK YOU!
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited July 2012
    For future reference, just go to Steam in your mobile browser and click the button that switches you to the desktop interface.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited July 2012
    Good to know. Thank you.

Edit: And I just got gifted another copy of it from Gauntlet Wizard. ^^;;
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Thoughts on Dear Esther and Rage?
    Not an actual game, texture pop-in everywhere. I've never seen much talk about either game. Just get Cave Story+ and have more fun.
    Picked up Cave Story as part of a Humble Bundle. Now I'm considering Ass Creed 2. I swear this sale will be the death of me.
  • I was planning on spending $60-$70 for the sale and so far I'm still on budget.
  • Steam: For about the cost of two major releases every six months (One at sale time and the other through the normal deals.) you have all the games from last year you can play.
  • Edit: And I just got gifted another copy of it from Gauntlet Wizard. ^^;;
    This is why I refrained from gifting it. Be sure to play it Original style+music first.
  • I dream of a future in which Steam lets you re-sell games to other users (Steam and original content creator taking a cut).
  • I don't think the original creator has any reason to be taking a cut.
  • I don't think the original creator has any reason to be taking a cut.
    Or Steam.
  • edited July 2012
    I don't think the original creator has any reason to be taking a cut.
    Or Steam.
    No need to have the great fair use or licensing or terms of service discussion here. Despite the fact that I technically agree with you, I also doubt things will go that way. Even given that, Steam could charge whatever service charge they wanted for allowing a way to facilitate the transaction.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • I'm really tempted to buy Cave Story but I'm just afraid it will be in a humble bundle again once I buy it.
  • I don't think any humble bundle game has been in another humble bundle.
  • Not directly, but sometimes they include previous bundles as bonuses.
  • Yeah, or they have individual games from previous bundles as add-on games if you pay over the average.
  • edited July 2012
    My face when I learn that RAGE only costs $9.99 in the US, while it costs a fucking €16,99 over here.
    WHAT THE FUCK. WHAT THE FUCK id. WHAT THE FUCK.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • Get someone to buy it and gift it to you?
  • edited July 2012
    Get someone to buy it and gift it to you?
    I don't want it. The only thing that interests me in that game is some of the character animation. It's fucking $20 dollars over here. That's just taking the currency differences to a batshit insane level. I'm fine with some games costing a bit more here in Europe than in the US, and vice versa (Saints Row III was priced favourably in Euros for example), but to have a region pay double price after currency conversion is fucking mental, especially when it's not at a price range where double the price means two-fiddy.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • edited July 2012
    My face when I learn that RAGE only costs $9.99 in the US, while it costs a fucking €16,99 over here.
    WHAT THE FUCK. WHAT THE FUCK id. WHAT THE FUCK.
    You think that's bad? It's $30.59 here (Australian dollars, but those are worth more than USD right now).

I'm pretending that game doesn't exist for the near future.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • That gif is excellent.
  • You think that's bad? It's $30.59 here (Australian dollars, but those are worth more than USD right now).

I'm pretending that game doesn't exist for the near future.
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK THAT. Please accept my apologies for looking like a pathetically entitled twat compared to that ridiculous bullshit. Steam's usually pretty good with cutting you Aussies some slack, no? WELL, NOT WITH id AROUND! And here I sat, considering to buy the Commander Keen pack near the end of the sale.
  • edited July 2012
    Well aren't most games in Australia like $100 at release? Its seriously fucked up.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • edited July 2012

Oh, and sorry, I fucked up; Steam prices here are still in USD, not AUD, so it's 30.59 USD (on sale from 89.99 USD). Either way, right now it's pretty much the same.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Wait wait wait woah woah woah... how does gifting take this bullshit into account? Surely Steam must not allow gifting across countries, or there would be a grey market of people buying games for Australian cohorts...