This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Google Music handles rather poorly once you get anywhere near the 20k song cap.
    I'm okay with that, I recently cleaned out my music collection(since I have a habit of just grabbing friend's entire collections leaves you with music you don't like that much), and ended up dropping from 15K songs to 9K.
  • If I pruned it back I'd probably drop to 12k or so, but as far as I know, the only way to do that is in the browser, and that makes it rather tedious.
  • If I pruned it back I'd probably drop to 12k or so, but as far as I know, the only way to do that is in the browser, and that makes it rather tedious.
    I mean actual files in my collection, considering my connection, I decided to prune before I started uploading to google music.
  • I just hooked up my external and let it at it while I was asleep/at school. I'd be much more selective had I metered internet.
  • I just hooked up my external and let it at it while I was asleep/at school. I'd be much more selective had I metered internet.
    I'm not, because I've got a pretty huge cap. The problem is the slow upload speed, been at it for ages, and I've still only uploaded about a thousand nine-hundred.
  • edited September 2011
    I think some of that's on their end, mine was going at a snail's pace too.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • Up at the library, discussing classic rock with one of the librarians, and this kid who was standing by caught part of it and offered his opinion -
    "Rock sucks shit, all those old guys singing about bullshit from the 60s, dubstep is where it's at."

So, I looked at him. And kept looking at him. And then said "Boy, if I wanted to hear "Wobble, wobble, wobblewobblewobble" I'd fuck your mother."
  • *applause*
  • I was drinking at the local student bar with some people last night, and met this guy with his dog. He introduces the dog jokingly as a Danish water dog, and tells us it's name is Holger. So a bit later I ask him if the dogs name is a reference to Holger Danske. Completely blew this guys mind that I knew this reference.
  • edited September 2011
    Criterion Collection is having a 50% off sale for the next ~2 hours. But I don't know what to buy! I already own Hausu!

Recommendations?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Criterion Collection is having a 50% off sale for the next ~2 hours. But I don't know what to buy! I already own Hausu!

Recommendations?
    Definitely Armageddon.
  • Criterion Collection is having a 50% off sale for the next ~2 hours. But I don't know what to buy! I already own Hausu!

Recommendations?
    Just snatch up anything by Kurosawa.
  • Correction, the sale is basically for the whole rest of the day.
  • Ugh, and here I thought you meant Criterion the game company.
  • edited September 2011
    The Ex is coming over to give me my shit back. I'm giving her back her blanket. The text requesting it back was kinda bitchy, but whatever. It wasn't ever technically mine.

Predictions:
    • She's gonna wanna make out
    • I'm not gonna get anything back that I paid more than $50 for
    • The stuffed animals will be damaged to some extent
    • Notes will be damaged to some extent
    • She's going to want a hug "for old time's sake."
    If I get the stuffed animals back I'll take a picture of them to show how much my sewing has improved.
    Post edited by JukeBoxJosh on
  • Correction, the sale is basically for the whole rest of the day.
    Just $34.99 for the criterion edition of Armageddon? SIGN ME UP.
    Wait, don't. Ever. Stupid. Why are people willing to pay more than $5 for ANY physical media movie these days? I hate buying new DVDs because I know they'll be obsolete before I can watch them more than twice.
  • Most of the things you'd buy from Criterion are semi-obscure arthouse and cult films that you can't easily find on teh torrents. Also, the listed prices are pre-discount. Most of individual DVDs I've been looking at are $15, so roughly $7.50 per, which is about exactly what I'd be willing to pay.
  • I'll get Hausu, Tokyo Drifter, Science Is Fiction, and some other neat things. This sale is awesome.
  • edited September 2011
    Science Is Fiction,
    The code only works on stuff that is in stock, unfortunately. I wanted to get this but it's only on preorder...
    Post edited by Sail on
  • FUCK. Oh well.
  • edited September 2011
    Wind Chill can die in a fire.
    Post edited by Casa Vino on
  • "The best thing about UDP jokes is that I don’t care if you get them or not."
  • LOL, that's a good one.
  • Poor Andy Roddick.

And for tomorrow: poor Andy Murry. Might as well get it in now.
  • "The best thing about UDP jokes is that I don’t care if you get them or not."
    Should I feel worse if I get that, or don't get that?
  • I've gotten a series of German spam emails (something to do with pictures) and a Korean one that's totally from "Facebook". The internet clearly expects a lot from me.
  • [Mulatto Butts]
    Imokaywiththis.jpg