This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Goon since 2003, my regdate is the ultimate e-peen.
  • Goon since 2003, my regdate is the ultimate e-peen.
    Not bad, Not bad. I don't think I have an account there, I just check out the photoshop contests from time to time. It's not a bad forum, I just don't spend much time there.
  • A friends friend (ya I know) showed up at a magic the gathering tournament a couple years back. They have some kind of user ID numbers system, and he thought that he had one but had no idea what it was.

It was 98.

Apparently he played in one of the first big official magic the gathering tournaments, and stopped soon after. They gave him a special prize for having the lowest number at the tournament by a large margin.
  • I've been looking into what sort of mental condition may I have, and I think I found it. I'm just a dick.
  • I met a doppelganger of Rym, but he had a beard and was a goth. He's like bizarro Rym.
  • I met a doppelganger of Rym, but he had a beard and was a goth. He's like bizarro Rym.
    Will sees a Scott doppelganger, Viga sees a Rym doppelganger...
  • Andrew keeps texting me from DragonCon: "I just was in line to get coffee with Julie Benz." "Here's a picture of Gates McFadden." "Guess who is within 20 feet of Tricia Helfer? This guy."

Jerk.

And now a signed pic of Helfer in that red dress.
  • edited September 2011
    Andrew keeps texting me from DragonCon: "I just was in line to get coffee with Julie Benz." "Here's a picture of Gates McFadden." "Guess who is within 20 feet of Tricia Helfer? This guy."

Jerk.
    But you say you aren't the type of person who would go to a convention. See what you're missing out on?

Wuss.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • You forgot the fist bump with Brent Spiner.
  • But you say you aren't the type of person who would go to a convention. See what you're missing out on?
    I don't want to go to a convention. I do want to be creepy around Tricia Helfer.
  • But you say you aren't the type of person who would go to a convention. See what you're missing out on?
    I don't want to go to a convention. I do want to be creepy around Tricia Helfer.
    The guy in front of me had her sign the Playboy she was on the cover of.
    The guy in front of me had her sign the Playboy she was on the cover of.
    Classy.
  • edited September 2011
    But you say you aren't the type of person who would go to a convention. See what you're missing out on?
    I just want to buy Tricia Helfer a beer and talk to her about motorcycles.

And maybe have her whisper, " Don't make me angry, Gaius. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry," to me.

That's all I really want out of life. You can also replace Tricia Helfer with Katee Sackhoff, motorcycles with yoga, and the quote with the, "What do you hear, Starbuck?" exchange from BSG.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I don't want to go to a convention. I do want to be creepy around Tricia Helfer.
    You don't have to be. It's all up to you. I guess meeting Patrick Stewart at a possible upcoming convention is just not good enough for Jason.
  • The album "Tallahassee" by The Mountain Goats makes me want to cry.
    No Children is a tearjerker in and of itself.
    No Children is a tearjerker in and of itself.
    Totally. That episode of Morel Orel aired a few times during a particularly bad time for me during my Freshman year of college, and I was entirely unable to listen to it for a while. Good thing songs like "The Best Ever Death Metal Band..." more than make up for it.
  • Being a part of the band is easily one of the best things I've ever done in my life. Can't wait until we hit the studio to record our first album.
  • I know a guy who apparently claims to have written a big, famous program related to Web Development called "Symphony." So, either the person who related it to me is mixing up "His work involves using Symfony/Symphony CMS"(possible, they're even shittier with tech than I am), or he's lying through his fucking teeth.
  • I know a guy who apparently claims to have written a big, famous program related to Web Development called "Symphony." So, either the person who related it to me is mixing up "His work involves using Symfony/Symphony CMS"(possible, they're even shittier with tech than I am), or he's lying through his fucking teeth.
    Symfony is a popular open source PHP framework. It was created by a French company.
    Symfony is a popular open source PHP framework. It was created by a French company.
    Surprisingly, I'm aware, thus why I came to the "lying or someone is mistaken" conclusion.
  • edited September 2011
    I met up with a friend from my last art class at college today. When I had last seen her, she was a guy and has since had sex reassignment surgery. Because I am hyper-oblivious, and she always dressed sort of femininely anyway, I didn't even notice until a few minutes into the conversation, when she asked me who my layout teacher was this year, I struggled and confessed my difficulty with names, admitting I was struggling to remember her name.

"James, right?"

"Formerly."

I think this also counts as a fail of my day.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • What's her new name? Something cute? Jaynie? Jessica?
  • edited September 2011
    I totally forgot to ask, though after we finished talking I found myself wondering the same thing, so I shot her an email. She's Joan now.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • 1/3 of my moving process is complete!
  • I decided to upload my music collection to Google Music Beta but forgot that itunes puts podcasts in its music so I now have a few geeknights episodes in my google library.
  • Google Music handles rather poorly once you get anywhere near the 20k song cap.
  • Google Music handles rather poorly once you get anywhere near the 20k song cap.
    Spotify, on the other hand, manages 15 million songs pretty well.
  • I'm probably gonna migrate to Spotify once I get my music off my Mac formated external. Have they got a song suggestion thingy a la Last.fm or Pandora?
  • Last.fm plugs directly into Spotify.