This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Tonight I am on my own. Time for some random indie games, eating very unhealthily, and what not.
  • I shook hands with the prime minister today. I had no idea he was standing right behind me, or why there were news people's filming me. But it was a nice surprise regardless. Also I got to try a PS Vita. It was pretty cool. I liked Gravity Daze. Ridge Racer needs more frames per second, and Wipeout needs more being FZero GX. Back-touch wasn't as amazing as I had hoped.
    Whoa, really? Norway sounds way laid back about that. In the US, if the president were anywhere within a few mile radius, you would know.

• In the US, if the president were anywhere within a few mile radius, you would know.
    The density of heads of state per square mile is a lot bigger in Europe because we have way many more heads of state. It's more akin to, say, meeting a senator on the street.
  • Symphony of the Night had a lot of droppable food items.
    Already hitting that shit up. I could keep this going for weeks just using Castlevania meats, and I think I might do just that.

Already hitting that shit up. I could keep this going for weeks just using Castlevania meats, and I think I might do just that.
    Would Meat Boy count as video game meat?
  • edited February 2012
    Symphony of the Night had a lot of droppable food items.
    Would Meat Boy count as video game meat?
    He's in the queue. Low hanging fruits and all.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • On hard things shouldn't take more than 4-5 tries. There is a difficulty above hard that is a lot harder.
    We call it "Nintendo Hard."

• On hard things shouldn't take more than 4-5 tries. There is a difficulty above hard that is a lot harder.

Speaking of which, I've already begun practicing to beat Iron Mike Tyson at next year's MAGFest. I hit him once!
  • He's in the queue. Low hanging fruits and all.
    Okay, I was unsure as I did not know the qualifying factors, such as if you would stick his meat in your mouth.
  • He's in the queue. Low hanging fruits and all.
    Okay, I was unsure as I did not know the qualifying factors, such as if you would stick his meat in your mouth.
    If the criteria are too narrow, this thing will die off way too quickly.
  • So when I first watched the British show, Look Around You, I thought they used, "Maths", to be funny. Then I heard it used in Peep Show.
    Dude, mathematics. It makes more sense. (Note: I also thought people used "maths" to be funny, until an ex of mine schooled me on it.)
  • So when I first watched the British show, Look Around You, I thought they used, "Maths", to be funny. Then I heard it used in Peep Show.
    Dude, mathematics. It makes more sense. (Note: I also thought people used "maths" to be funny, until an ex of mine schooled me on it.)
    [] Told
    [] Untold
    [X] ToldramAlpha

• I don't care how random it is, but I will do my own video version of this:

• Whenever someone says "I'm not even drunk anymore," they are almost certainly still drunk.
  • Don't need to concern yourself with Superb Owl Sunday, today is World Nutella Day. So much better than that foosball stuff.
  • WHAT. Ro, you just make my world a thousand times brighter.
  • It's Sunday here, so here's some superb owls.

• My avatar makes everything I say sound sarcastic and bitchy. This isn't a big problem because I usually am, but it became one in the "Say something nice about the person above you" thread.

I believe this disgruntled Goon sums everything up about F-Zero.
  • There was a vaguely witty joke about a little Christian girl on an airplane with an Atheist, which involved her asking him why a cow's poop is flat and our poop is tubular. The punchline was that if the Atheist doesn't know shit, how can he know about God.

I told my fiance about it, and she described in detail why various poops have different shapes. I am marrying the correct woman.
  • There was a vaguely witty joke about a little Christian girl on an airplane with an Atheist, which involved her asking him why a cow's poop is flat and our poop is tubular. The punchline was that if the Atheist doesn't know shit, how can he know about God.

I told my fiance about it, and she described in detail why various poops have different shapes. I am marrying the correct woman.
    I want to know this girl more. Jeremy doesn't really care whenever I have poopy talk with him.

He looked at me weird when I told him how much I loathe pooping in a public restroom with another person in the stall doing the same exact thing, but making no sound whatsoever. How do people do that? I make sounds and get embarrassed at times. It makes me uncomfortable.
  • edited February 2012
    "A little Christian girl is sitting next to an atheist on an airplane. For some reason she asks him a question about the shape of poop. He is like 'Eww. Well, I don't know off the top of my head, but once we touch down, I can find out for you on my smart phone. I am sure there are biology websites that explain animal digestive systems and can tell you all about the study of different feces.' and she is like 'Well, if you don't know random poop knowledge, how can you know about God? And he is like 'I'm not really sure how those two are connected, but God is a theoretical concept and there is no scientific way to prove his existence, so I tend to discount it for lack of evidence. There is, however, plenty of research done into poop.' She is like 'Hmm, well, I will still believe in God, because I choose to believe in him even without proof' and the atheist is like 'Well, as long as you respect my decision to disbelieve an unproven concept, we can be friends. Here, you can borrow my DS for a while.' "

Hahahahahahahah! A funny joke!
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • He looked at me weird when I told him how much I loathe pooping in a public restroom with another person in the stall doing the same exact thing, but making no sound whatsoever. How do people do that? I make sounds and get embarrassed at times. It makes me uncomfortable.
    You'll find this relevant (sourced from Reddit; didn't happen to me):

• edited February 2012
    There was a vaguely witty joke about a little Christian girl on an airplane with an Atheist, which involved her asking him why a cow's poop is flat and our poop is tubular. The punchline was that if the Atheist doesn't know shit, how can he know about God.

I want to know this girl more. Jeremy doesn't really care whenever I have poopy talk with him.

He looked at me weird when I told him how much I loathe pooping in a public restroom with another person in the stall doing the same exact thing, but making no sound whatsoever. How do people do that? I make sounds and get embarrassed at times. It makes me uncomfortable.
    Yeah, I think you do. We talk about bodily functions all the time, she regularly complains to me about random animal goo that she is spattered with at work. There are very few topics we do not discuss.

Aside from poop jokes being hilarious (Gomi, your joke is not only hilarious but is adorable), evolutionary biology is fucking fascinating.
    Post edited by SquadronROE on
  • @Wup

I can't stop laughing at poop no-matter how old I get.
  • "A little Christian girl is sitting next to an atheist on an airplane. For some reason she asks him a question about the shape of poop. He is like 'Eww. Well, I don't know off the top of my head, but once we touch down, I can find out for you on my smart phone. I am sure there are biology websites that explain animal digestive systems and can tell you all about the study of different feces.' and she is like 'Well, if you don't know random poop knowledge, how can you know about God? And he is like 'I'm not really sure how those two are connected, but God is a theoretical concept and there is no scientific way to prove his existence, so I tend to discount it for lack of evidence. There is, however, plenty of research done into poop.' She is like 'Hmm, well, I will still believe in God, because I choose to believe in him even without proof' and the atheist is like 'Well, as long as you respect my decision to disbelieve an unproven concept, we can be friends. Here, you can borrow my DS for a while.' "

Hahahahahahahah! A funny joke!
    If only the world was this happy...

• WUB you magnificent bastard, that was brilliant.
  • I love it when some cocky moron wants to turn left at a stoplight, but stops way in front of the line so that the light doesn't trip, and makes them have to wait another cycle. The line is there for a reason dumbass.
  • No, no, no. My favorite is stopped at a light with someone next to you waiting at the same light to go straight. Throughout the duration of the red light, they keep edging their car more and more, thinking that will trigger a change in the light. Then when light changes, it turns green for another direction, and they keep edging. Finally when the light turns green for us, I accelerate normally and still see them stopped at the light or barely accelerating from the stopped position.

Seriously. Why do people do that? I don't get it.