This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Can of pork, looks like.
    From what game?
  • If you're displaying images of pixel art, here's how to use CSS to make it look less shitty:

http://nullsleep.tumblr.com/post/16417178705/how-to-disable-image-smoothing-in-modern-web-browsers
  • If you're displaying images of pixel art, here's how to use CSS to make it look less shitty:

http://nullsleep.tumblr.com/post/16417178705/how-to-disable-image-smoothing-in-modern-web-browsers
    It's tumblr. I am not changing shit.

From what game?
    It looks like the can of food you get from Link's Awakening, but I could be wrong.
  • Scott, you should open up your blog to submissions. You can do this in the settings. That way you don't have to think of all these meats yourself, people can send you ready-made posts.
  • edited February 2012
    Yup, dog food, you give it to an alligator named Sale in exchange for bananas..
    imageimage
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Oh fuck, and then you give the bananas to that dude in order to get the Hibiscus, right?
  • edited February 2012
    Oh fuck, and then you give the bananas to that dude in order to get the Hibiscus, right?
    This sounds more like a Monkey Island quest than something in Zelda :P

Post edited by Sail on
  • Scott, you should open up your blog to submissions. You can do this in the settings. That way you don't have to think of all these meats yourself, people can send you ready-made posts.
    I will do this.
    Yup, dog food, you give it to an alligator named Sale in exchange for bananas..
    imageimage
    I was so sure it was something I didn't know, but I know that! If you had shown the alligator I would have known immediately. I is shame. :(

• Oh fuck, and then you give the bananas to that dude in order to get the Hibiscus, right?
    If I recall,

Dog food for bananas -> bananas to monkey for a stick -> use stick to knock bee hive from tree -> bee hive to bear chef for pineapple -> pineapple to hungry guy for hibiscus. It goes for a while after that to eventually get the magnifying glass.
  • You can now submit meats to me.

Also, Tumblr fail! I tried to put two meats in one post, and it did not thumbnail/resize properly at ALL.
  • I put too much spicy stuff in my noodles! Oh noes!
    MAN UP!
    MAN UP!
    Is that stuff any good? I always see it on the shelf at the store but never get it because no one I know can tell me if it is worth it.
    MAN UP!
    Is that stuff any good? I always see it on the shelf at the store but never get it because no one I know can tell me if it is worth it.
    If you like spicy stuff, Sriracha is your promised land. After a teaspoon or so, it stops gaining flavor but keeps gaining hotness. So you get a hint of chili flavor and as much heat as you want.

• If you like spicy stuff, Sriracha is your promised land. After a teaspoon or so, it stops gaining flavor but keeps gaining hotness. So you get a hint of chili flavor and as much heat as you want.
    Oh, well then I will have to get this. After getting used to habanero I have been trying to find something good lately. Thanks for the information.
  • Got my natural gas bill for heating my apartment today. Looks like I'm going back to wandering from room to room with a portable space heater and closing all the doors.
  • If you like spicy stuff, Sriracha is your promised land. After a teaspoon or so, it stops gaining flavor but keeps gaining hotness. So you get a hint of chili flavor and as much heat as you want.
    Oh, well then I will have to get this. After getting used to habanero I have been trying to find something good lately. Thanks for the information.
    You're used to habanero? Sriracha should do ya. Also, look into Dave's Insanity Sauce if "death by spicy" is something you're into.

• You're used to habanero? Sriracha should do ya. Also, look into Dave's Insanity Sauce if "death by spicy" is something you're into.
    Just looked that up and it looks interesting, thanks for that one too.

• I like spicyness and use sriracha in my cooking (It's good with fish!) but after a certain point spicy stops being an interesting flavor and starts being just masochistic, and that's when I lose interest. I don't get why people like x-treeeeeme sauces. It's like "What does that even taste like? It's just pain!
  • I ordered a scooter online. Awesome.
  • You know your RA is a good guy when you walk into the Dorm lobby and he's explaining the Metal Gear story-line to a group of people.
  • I like spicyness and use sriracha in my cooking (It's good with fish!) but after a certain point spicy stops being an interesting flavor and starts being just masochistic, and that's when I lose interest. I don't get why people like x-treeeeeme sauces. It's like "What does that even taste like? It's just pain!
    You're on one side of the spectrum, then. They've done some research that shows that certain people experience a massive endorphin dump and can distinguish flavors even when something is incredibly spicy, and some people can't. You're on the "can't" side, and presumably Canine and I are on the endorphin-dump side.
  • You're on one side of the spectrum, then. They've done some research that shows that certain people experience a massive endorphin dump and can distinguish flavors even when something is incredibly spicy, and some people can't. You're on the "can't" side, and presumably Canine and I are on the endorphin-dump side.
    I did not actually know the science behind it but that sounds about right I guess as I love the flavor of habaneros and of the crazy spicy curry foods that I have had I really liked their flavor too, most of the time.

Not sure if it is genetic but my son loves spicy foods too. A while back I got some really spicy salsa and he decided to walk over, grab a chip, and dip it in there before he ate it. Needless to say it was a little extreme for him to say the least but the funniest thing happened after he did that. He got another chip, dipped it in the salsa again, ate it, whined about it being hot, and then proceeded to do it over and over again until he did not want anymore chips. Also, an odd fact to go along with that, my son (who is about to turn 3) can deal with the heat of about a habanero with a little complaining but cannot stand black pepper whatsoever. I am still not sure of the reasoning behind that one.
  • I shook hands with the prime minister today. I had no idea he was standing right behind me, or why there were news people's filming me. But it was a nice surprise regardless. Also I got to try a PS Vita. It was pretty cool. I liked Gravity Daze. Ridge Racer needs more frames per second, and Wipeout needs more being FZero GX. Back-touch wasn't as amazing as I had hoped.
  • I keep forgetting to play F-Zero GX again!
  • edited February 2012
    I keep forgetting to play F-Zero GX again!
    It's still hard as balls.

EDIT: I can still remember beating that one goddamn challenge mission on Hard, where you're Captain Falcon escaping from the exploding tube. I believe it was 3 hours of dedicated repetition until I finally nailed the pattern perfectly.

Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • I keep forgetting to play F-Zero GX again!
    It's still hard as balls.

EDIT: I can still remember beating that one goddamn challenge mission on Hard, where you're Captain Falcon escaping from the exploding tube. I believe it was 3 hours of dedicated repetition until I finally nailed the pattern perfectly.

I remember you doing it.
  • On hard things shouldn't take more than 4-5 tries. There is a difficulty above hard that is a lot harder.