This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• A dude on another forum created a simple script that I've got in Chrome that replaces things like "Slut" with "Classy Lady" and "Alpha" with "Rapist".

It's making lurking in that subreddit so much more hilarious. Not "I hope you're cuddled to death by grandmas" funny, but close.
    That might be confusing at times. For example, the First letter of the NATO alphabet is not "Rapist."
    It only applies to /r/seduction, I'd imagine. Or, at least it would if I wrote it.
  • A dude on another forum created a simple script that I've got in Chrome that replaces things like "Slut" with "Classy Lady" and "Alpha" with "Rapist".

It's making lurking in that subreddit so much more hilarious. Not "I hope you're cuddled to death by grandmas" funny, but close.
    That might be confusing at times. For example, the First letter of the NATO alphabet is not "Rapist."
    It only applies to /r/seduction, I'd imagine. Or, at least it would if I wrote it.
    Correct. You can write Alpha all day here and it comes up as Alpha, not Rapist.

Correct. You can write Alpha all day here and it comes up as Alpha, not Rapist.

Unfortunate. I would think the other way would be funnier. Especially since you encounter the word Alpha rarely enough that you could potentially forget about the extension, and start wondering why so many people were randomly talking about rapists.

• edited March 2012
    In the video game/software dev world, we put out alpha builds a lot. "Alpha development" is a thing. That fact would make such a plug-in very terrible. I'd prefer not to send around a "rapist build."
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • In the video game/software dev world, we put out alpha builds a lot. "Alpha development" is a thing. That fact would make such a plug-in very terrible. I'd prefer not to send around a "rapist build."
    First I giggled uncontrollably, then I felt bad.

• edited March 2012
    In the video game/software dev world, we put out alpha builds a lot. "Alpha development" is a thing. That fact would make such a plug-in very terrible. I'd prefer not to send around a "rapist build."

Post edited by canine224 on
  • edited March 2012
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I was at DisneyToon Studios today. Ryan might have wet himself. It was gorgeous.
  • edited March 2012
    It's sort of surprising there aren't more prank related plug-ins. Seems like fertile ground for things like "random noise makers" or "click a link and get redirected to an FBI watchsite".
    Post edited by Schnevets on
  • It's sort of surprising there aren't more prank related plug-ins. Seems like fertile ground for things like "random noise makers" or "click a link and get redirected to an FBI watchsite".
    I actually know Chrome extension development. If you guys come up with some good ideas and I find some free time I can implement them.
  • I was at DisneyToon Studios today. Ryan might have wet himself. It was gorgeous.
    Man, you gotta tell me when you're coming up around my neck of the woods!
  • edited March 2012
    I was at DisneyToon Studios today. Ryan might have wet himself. It was gorgeous.
    I has a jelly.
    Were you on a tour, or do you know someone on the production staff?
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • I am really enjoying TED TALKS on Netflix.
    I has a jelly.
    I met with one of the guys in charge of sound there cuz I'm on the hunt for an internship this summer.
  • Hey, I don't do this often, but I'm just asking for a small favor of you guys - Complete this brief survey for my hackathon project to help us understand our market a little better.

Thanks!

http://svy.mk/TripSnap
  • edited March 2012
    I was at DisneyToon Studios today. Ryan might have wet himself. It was gorgeous.
    I has a jelly.
    I met with one of the guys in charge of sound there cuz I'm on the hunt for an internship this summer.
    O___________________O

TELL ME EVERYTHING.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
    I has a jelly.
    O___________________O

TELL ME EVERYTHING.
  • Windows file permission editing.. who designed this?
  • I was listening to music on my computer while doing homework and still alive came on just as I finished. "This was a triumph!"

• Windows file permission editing.. who designed this?
    What are you trying to do?
  • I managed it but damn, trying to delete my D:\windows folder is some really terrible interface design.
  • I managed it but damn, trying to delete my D:\windows folder is some really terrible interface design.
    I'm assuming that's a OLD windows install, right?

• edited March 2012
    Hey, I don't do this often, but I'm just asking for a small favor of you guys - Complete this brief survey for my hackathon project to help us understand our market a little better.

Thanks!

http://svy.mk/TripSnap
    This wouldn't happen to be for the HackNY Hackathon at NYU, would it? If so, I'm right downstairs!!!
    Post edited by Schnevets on
    I'm assuming that's a OLD windows install, right?
    You assume correct. Do people even run Windows from anything but C:?
  • This wouldn't happen to be for the HackNY Hackathon at NYU, would it? If so, I'm right downstairs!!!
    Heh, no, RIT48. If you want to be super cool you can vote for my team as the "fan favorite" for a guaranteed slot in the final round!
  • 4 AM. Time for Pudding
  • Man, the CGI and "camerawork" in Disney's Chicken Little have aged unimaginably poorly.
  • Man, the CGI and "camerawork" in Disney's Chicken Little have aged unimaginably poorly.
    Why would you ever watch that movie? There are two movies in the canon that you do not watch because they are unmitigated shit, and you chose one of them.

Why would you ever watch that movie? There are two movies in the canon that you do not watch because they are unmitigated shit, and you chose one of them.

Pardon me for sitting down on a couch in a hostel common room where it was playing. I was writing in my commonplace book and it happened to be on; someone was halfheartedly watching it. I wasn't there for more than 10 minutes, anyway.
  • I don't actually hate Chicken Little, but maybe I'm dumb?