This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• I'm just really tired of my job in general, and today was a clusterfuck from start to finish, and now my boss wants me in at 8 tomorrow instead of 11.
  • I'm applying for a NASA fellowship this month. OH GOD I COULD BE A NASA RESEARCH SCIENTIST OH GOD
  • I'm applying for a NASA fellowship this month. OH GOD I COULD BE A NASA RESEARCH SCIENTIST OH GOD
    Good luck!
  • Do the science!
  • Yours is a grant that will pierce the heavens!
    Do the math, save the world.
  • edited November 2012
    I'm applying for a NASA fellowship this month. OH GOD I COULD BE A NASA RESEARCH SCIENTIST OH GOD
    Hey, I don't say this often enough to you, but I really admire you as a scientist. Good luck, man, you'll knock 'em dead.

[cc: Pete, Lisa, Wyatt, et al.]
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • The JET application is so much easier than the Fulbright app.
  • The Islamic new year ended yesterday. Happy New Year to any of our Muslim friends!
  • NFWAFNWG: "No fucks were asked for, none were given."
    If you end up at JPL, let me know.
  • I at last have a wide-screen monitor and today hooked it up with a DVI-D cable. Welcome to 2005.
  • @Omnutia - Are you still using your blog?
    Good luck!

• edited November 2012
    I saw someone in the folowing video called "WaterIsPoison". Someone we know?
    Post edited by Bronzdragon on
  • edited November 2012
    This is a car dealership near where I live. That is all.

I still giggle every time I drive by.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • There's no way that's real. I don't believe it.
  • I believe it. Stuff like this exists everywhere.
  • edited November 2012
    There's no way that's real. I don't believe it.
    Go to google maps, search for "702 Boundary Road, Coopers Plains, Queensland" and then go into street view. It's fuckin' real, man.

Post edited by Churba on
  • edited November 2012
    I saw someone in the folowing video called "WaterIsPoison".
    That is indeed me. ShackTac pretty much made Mount and Musket as well as DayZ popular.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • OK, just finished the book.

Seriously, A Dog's Purpose. This stupid book made me cry 5 times. It's about a dog that lives several lives. He keeps coming back to finish his job. It's all told from the dog's perspective and the author is pretty insightful about dog psychology without overly hampering the book with it. It's shades of Oprah Book Club, but only just a little. If you are a dog person you really should read this.
  • Trailer for the movie my friends are making. I'm in it for a second.

• Looks very Wes Anderson-y
  • And I'm doing music for it! Not that song though, that's Neutral Milk Hotel.
  • I just dropped my crap phone and the battery popped out when it hit the floor. When I put it back in it acted like it never lost power...
  • edited November 2012
    I had the personal epiphany that I am way too lazy. It happened when I watched a movie I owned on DVD with Netflix because I could do it that way without having to get off the couch.
    Post edited by Drunken Butler on
  • I hate the carry on circus every fucking time I fly.
  • I had the personal epiphany that I am way too lazy. It happened when I watched a movie I owned on DVD with Netflix because I could do it that way without having to get off the couch.
    I've done this more times than I can remember. I kind of miss having Netflix on the 360 because I could do voice commands, but saving $80/year is nice. I will say that I do wish Netflix.com had a similar interface like the consoles. Looking at lists instead of images is annoying when on the couch.
  • How did I not know of this website: http://www.theuselessweb.com/