This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• They're both good actors who clearly deserve a lot of praise for their work. Beyond that the calculus of bragging rights is a pissing match that I don't care to work out.
  • The one who brags less has more bragging rights. Splitting hairs over that decreases the amount of good reputation points you've scored by winning / being nominated for awards.
  • Blood effects would be about a thousand times easier if there was some way to get particles to billboard to the surface they just hit. As it is now, they look fantastic on flat ground and bizarre as fuck on walls.

(Obviously, not final particle.)
  • Cybernetic priest! Must be greased!
  • Couldn't you just bend the plane at the angle?
  • Couldn't you explain it away with obscure in-universe lore?
  • I couldn't make some of the lines scan with my current musical ideas so I rewrote some of the lines to be more pleasings. Also some viewpoint changes and wording thingies too. What will be in my recording:

the silver hammer has come down
    three times on his holy crown
    there's no good time for a stroke
    we cardinals prepare our smoke

but
    wait
    what if we
    pour hot steel
    into the holy see
    our modern tools
    and an ancient rite
    cyborg father
    arise tonight!

ROBOPOPE
    ROBOPOPE
    MOTHERFUCKING
    ROBOPOPE
    HEAT SEEKING MISSAL
    DEATH'S DISMISSAL
    ROBOPOPE
    ROBOPOPE
    MOTHERFUCKING
    ROBOPOPE
    OUR CYBERNETIC HIGH PRIEST
    MUST BE GREASED
    ROBOPOPE
    POPE
    POPE
    POPE
    ROBO
    ROBO
    POPE

powered now by nuclear fission
    he leaves st. peter's on a mission
    to bring the world into submission
    and reinstate the inquisition

armed with fire and gun and blade
    the infidels will be unmade
    unbelievers be afraid
    of his mechanical crusade

ROBOPOPE
    ROBOPOPE
    MOTHERFUCKING
    ROBOPOPE
    HEARS CONFESSION
    WITH AGGRESSION
    ROBOPOPE
    ROBOPOPE
    DELIVERS MASS
    KICKS SOME ASS
    ROBOPOPE
    ROBOPOPE
    ROBOPOPE!!!

• edited July 2013
    That looks.

Completely fantastic.

The rewrites are awesome too. Keep in mind I write these in about ten to fifteen minutes max. There is basically no refinement, so I'm really glad this one works as well as it does with so few changes.

Recursively, if we do Robopope on an album, do you mind if I use your improved lyrics?
    Couldn't you just bend the plane at the angle?
    Couldn't you explain it away with obscure in-universe lore?
    We're just gonna use decals. Which is boring and terrible, but hopefully with the use of some dripping particulate and lots of lots of gib parts it should look good enough.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • That looks.

Completely fantastic.

The rewrites are awesome too. Keep in mind I write these in about ten to fifteen minutes max. There is basically no refinement, so I'm really glad this one works as well as it does with so few changes.

Recursively, if we do Robopope on an album, do you mind if I use your improved lyrics?

Yeah, cool, knock yourself out. My version isn't going to be anything like death metal. I wasn't sure what musical style it would be at all, really, so I started with organs and choir (though I've yet to record any voices in the choir). Turns out it went in a pretty straight dub-step direction. I've never made any dub-step before, so it's a fun learning experience. I'm not sure yet, but if it's any good it might make it onto my Two Minute Pop album, if it comes in anywhere near two minutes long. Maybe as a bonus track.
  • Portugal's new Minister of Foreign Affairs is named Rui Machete.
  • Wahm taday
  • Wham yesterday.
  • I'm working on my first Arduino project, and not being able to spew all the information ever onto a screen is making debugging infuriating. At one point, I wanted to find the value of a variable that should be a random number from 1-4. I tried blinking a light while decreasing the value, but it was clearly going to take a while. So I left the LED on and decremented the value every 10 milliseconds. It took over 22 seconds to turn off. I have no idea what's going on with this freaking thing.
  • Explain what you want it to do and then let me see your code.
  • I'm seriously starting to think that the only ballot position I won't leave blank come the 2014 elections is for the position of town dogcatcher.
  • edited July 2013
    I'm working on my first Arduino project, and not being able to spew all the information ever onto a screen is making debugging infuriating.
    Sure you can! Just connect via a terminal emulator such as minicom and have the Arduino print debug messages to console. I think the Arduino IDE also has a built-in terminal emulator as well.

Post edited by Andrew on
  • I'm seriously starting to think that the only ballot position I won't leave blank come the 2014 elections is for the position of town dogcatcher.
    Can you write in a dog?
    Can you write in a dog?
    I don't think the lifespan of a dog (unless you can use dog years) qualifies it to match the minimum age to hold public office.

• I'm working on my first Arduino project, and not being able to spew all the information ever onto a screen is making debugging infuriating.
    Sure you can! Just connect via a terminal emulator such as minicom and have the Arduino print debug messages to console. I think the Arduino IDE also has a built-in terminal emulator as well.
    Oh, right. I forgot that was a thing. That's so much better than obnoxious blinking LEDs. Thanks.

@Dragonmaster Lou
    Dog years. Duh.

• I suspect that there is no law or court hearing on record that specifies /which/ years.
  • I suspect that there is no law or court hearing on record that specifies /which/ years.
    Could be interesting if someone claimed to go by Mercury years.
    I'd vote for my dog, Sallie, then. I know for a fact she's smarter than the vast majority of people elected to public office.
  • Found my issue. I was trying to use sizeof() to give me the number of elements in an array, got like twice the number I should have, then referenced random data. Whoops.
  • edited July 2013
    Apparently featuring women in my games makes me an "overly feminist repulsive faggot". Boy, I sure do love constructive feedback.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • And if you didn't then you'd be a "sexist patriarchal chauvinist pig" so really you can't win.
  • Nah, I kinda feeling like I'm winning right now. Definitely pissing off the right people.
  • Apparently featuring women in my games makes me an "overly feminist repulsive faggot". Boy, I sure do love constructive feedback.
    I'm assuming that you disgustingly have them fully clothed and not in the kitchen? Or possibly depict them voting? That some serious bundle of sticks action buddy.

• eh, hoser in talking
    only hockey
    tim horton double double (even through I hate coffee)
    honest ed
    kraft dinner
    milk in bag
    smarties
    ketchup chips
    An update: Milk in the bag is just milk that they place in a bag as opposed to a jug. If I was not spoiled with awesome milk in PA this would be fine. Kraft Dinner is just Mac and Cheese, no differences. The eh and hoser in dialect is mainly new Foundland and doesn't work well in Ontario. Finally I was able to talk about American Football so HA!
  • I wonder if I've ended up on some terrorist watch list due to the number of emails and phone calls I've sent to my Congresscritters as well as various social media posts I've made concerning the NSA's spying...