This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Coming up on eight years myself... Which is not a big percentage of my age.
  • I'm at a little over 3½ years, which makes ⅙ of my life.
  • I'm buying records faster than I listen to them. I think I have a problem.
  • Greg said:

I'm buying records faster than I listen to them. I think I have a problem.

Let me show you my stacks of comics.
  • Apreche said:

Greg said:

I'm buying records faster than I listen to them. I think I have a problem.

Let me show you my stacks of comics.
    And every Steam library on Earth.
  • Just passed 7 years myself. The only friend I had then who I interact reasonably frequently was coincidentally also a regular here for a while.
  • Shower thought:

What if I were to build a fully screen accurate Princess Leia costume and then apply for costume approval (which means photographs of myself wearing the costume) and membership to the Rebel Legion (A Lucas-approved costuming troupe similar to the 501st but for good guys)? Would they let me in, or would I break their brains?
  • muppet said:

Shower thought:

What if I were to build a fully screen accurate Princess Leia costume and then apply for costume approval (which means photographs of myself wearing the costume) and membership to the Rebel Legion (A Lucas-approved costuming troupe similar to the 501st but for good guys)? Would they let me in, or would I break their brains?

You should try it. For science.
    And post pics here, obviously.
  • I'm really tempted but a screen-accurate Leia is actually fairly expensive and quite an undertaking. Maybe when I finish my current projects. :)
  • Matt Lauer and Al Roker deserve emmies for their performances in Sharknado 2: the Second One.
  • What award do the people that actually watched it get?
  • Greg said:

Matt Lauer and Al Roker deserve emmies for their performances in Sharknado 2: the Second One.

Do you mean Oscars?
  • Greg said:

Matt Lauer and Al Roker deserve emmies for their performances in Sharknado 2: the Second One.

Do you mean Oscars?
    The movie would have to be shown in theaters for that.
  • I made an Nvidia Shield. image
  • "One [of my cousins] is I don't remember how old, and her IMDb page isn't fleshed out enough to tell me."
  • I'm bounding with my Russian housekeeper roommates over Supernatural.
  • Wyatt said:

I'm bounding with my Russian housekeeper roommates over Supernatural.

That show is a soap opera. A really good soap opera.
  • edited August 2014
    I can't spell....

I like it. It's pretty hamfisted but no worse then Tourchwood. It's been around for 10 seasons for a reason.
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • edited August 2014
    It's got fantasy escapism plus things everybody can relate to: the importance of family and being saaaaaaaaad. Plus a sweet car.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Are you bounding or bonding? I keep picturing you and your friends bouncing around the room while the show plays in the background
  • The only thing I saw of that series was the beginning of the episode where Loki trapped two shmucks in a sitcom. I dared not watch any more lest that perfect moment be ruined forever.
  • One of my friends is getting a triforce tattoo.
  • Shamelessly crossposted from my FB:

Who made it 1979 again without telling me?
  • It occurs to me that the term Rave Reviews makes perfect sense, because every rave review I've seen is someone off their face on molly waving glowsticks screaming "THIS IS FUCKING GREAT!"
  • PROTIP: If someone is rolling and says they want to give you a lightshow, and you've been drinking heavily, just say no.

Unless you want to get motion sickness.
  • My Macbook arrived today, and for some reason All Mangas Reader doesn't want to work on it. I am mildly frustrated.
  • 600 miles is about as far as you can get on the Seishun 18 ticket (unlimited JR trains for 5 days, excluding bullet trains, for a cost of ~$20 a day) in Japan in one day.
  • I'm excited to see what 5th edition will do to D&D.
  • Wyatt said:

I'm excited to see what 5th edition will do to D&D.

So far it looks very good.

I read one comment from someone about how they didn't understand the hate aimed at 4E and its lack of "role" playing until they compared books and noticed how little was in 4E regarding role playing compared to its extensive coverage of combat rules.