This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• I could totally imagine you dating an older woman, Sonic. Then again, for a long time I used to think that you were much older than me.
    How old did you think I was?
    25-28? I was 22 or so when I met you and thought that.
    'Stache, makes a man.
    Neither Kenshiro nor Golgo 13 wear a 'stache. So your logic is invalid.
  • It would be a somewhat unfair requirement for Japanese men.
  • It would be a somewhat unfair requirement for Japanese men.
    James Bond never wore a 'stache either :O
  • Neither Kenshiro nor Golgo 13 wear a 'stache. So your logic is invalid.
  • (Reposted from wrong thread)
    Hand-rolling your smokes, for some reason, when you finally get the knack for it and create proper and decent smokes, leaves you with an odd sense of pride at having created something every time you roll one. Kinda like making a good snack that's a bit hard to make.

When you lost the ability due to injury, and figure out a cunning new way to do it? Double that.
    (Nerve damage left me with a weird sort of twitch in certain positions of my hand, and that meant I couldn't roll one. Now, I lay everything out on the table, and just roll it like I'm rolling a bit of dough with my palm. Still working on the one-handed roll.)

Also, side note - Way cheaper. Normally, I'm paying about 11 bucks for a 20 pack of smokes, and it lasts me four days. A pouch of tobacco costs about 14 bucks, however, it's cheaper, since I've been smoking rollies for five days now, at the same rate, including one period where I was awake for about 36 hours straight(and thus, not getting the eight hour breaks in the pattern you normally get from sleeping - and yet, my tobacco pouch is still nearly full, even though I'm using slims(Which are, in spite of the name, about the same size as a regular cig, in diameter) size filters instead of super slims.
  • Or you could just smoke a pipe ;)
    I already do, but that would be ridiculously more expensive - a pouch of pipe tobacco down here is about 40 bucks.
  • Fucking damn it. If I buy a god-damn game through steam, I don't care about Games for Windows Live! I just want to play my fucking game!
  • Fucking damn it. If I buy a god-damn game through steam, I don't care about Games for Windows Live! I just want to play my fucking game!
    If you are talking about Just Cause 2, it doesn't need one.
  • You can just create an offline profile that has a whole lot less bullshit. You won't get achievements or whatever, but who cares?
    I already do, but that would be ridiculously more expensive - a pouch of pipe tobacco down here is about 40 bucks.
    Heh, I pay $5 an ounce.
  • edited February 2011
    Heh, I pay $5 an ounce.
    I know, man - people in the US complaining about the price of tobacco put me in a stranglin' mood.

EDIT - I didn't specify before, but that's 40 bucks for 50 Grams - about 1.7 ounces. And that's just the average, if I decided to go with, say, Davidoff Scottish Mixture, I'm paying about 60 bucks for that much, minimum. I miss my tobacconist in leeds - Four quid per 50 Grams, and it was always excellent tobacco. If I went for the cheapest I could, I'd get about 150 grams for ten quid, but that was just tobacco, prepared and chopped, with nothing else done to it.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Jesus, man. If I could, I'd send you a tin of the flake I was smoking recently (Sillem's Commodore Flake, a damn fine British blend from germany), but customs would probably have a field day.

Also, I dunno if its because I've been smoking it too hot, the bowl needs sweetening, or the stem just needs cleaning, but my pipe has taken on a strange flavor as of late. I should try to correct that.
    If you are talking about Just Cause 2, it doesn't need one.
    Batman.
  • After a year on this machine, Windows has figured out it is not genuine. Good thing I have backups of everything. After posting the podcast tonight, it's time to format and reload.
  • Jesus, man. If I could, I'd send you a tin of the flake I was smoking recently (Sillem's Commodore Flake, a damn fine British blend from germany), but customs would probably have a field day.
    Oddly enough, no - If you mark it on the package (and mark it as a gift, which normally helps, no matter if it is or not) they might open it, but it gets through just fine.

However, if you get the chance while in Newkie, take a trip down to Leeds to see Fred, and be sure that among other things, you get him to take you to my favorite tobacconist, Greens of Leeds. They're Excellent.
  • My favorite pipe tobacco is marijuana.
  • tobacco is marijuana
    Er..
  • You don't get jokes, do you?
  • You don't get jokes, do you?
    Well, you don't make jokes, so it doesn't really matter, now does it?
  • It's hard to get jokes when you have a mental condition that makes you interpret everything literally, I'd imagine.
  • It's hard to get jokes when you have a mental condition that makes you interpret everything literally, I'd imagine.
    No, no, no, I am autistic, not gay.
  • Pardon?
    You do realize that we are exchanging searing bon-mots, yes? I'm sure L'espirit de l'escallier will hit you soon enough so that you can come up with a proper response and we can continue this duel of wits. Or perhaps your meager intelligence will be incapable of measuring up to even my admittedly handicapped abilities.
  • Sweetie no, just stop.
  • Sweetie no, just stop.
    Where is this 'sweety' coming from? You just called me out as a retard. Make up your mind whether or not you want to be kind to me or not. I had merely assumed you felt like arguing, so I was going to oblige.
  • Shhh, baby go sleep now.
  • edited February 2011
    Shhh, baby go sleep now.
    Yes I suspect that you are going to sleep soon. You should really try not to stay up as late as you do, it's bad for your health. Good night Kaptain K!
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • I'm at work right now actually. I know autism turns you into a robot basically but at least give an effort to comprehend subtlety and/or facetiousness.