This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Candide is probably my favorite book ever, competing only with Don Quixote.
  • My favorite books are all part of the Dresden Files series.
  • You would know since you're such a troll. Quit trolling so much.
    I just enjoy exchanging barbs with people I don't really do it for the lulz. Perhaps some of the things I said were in mean spirit, and I apologize for those, but nothing else.
  • Doing something for the lulz is always the wrong reason.
  • Doing something for the hell of it is always the right reason.
  • Personally I don't like to portray myself as someone who says a lot of things he doesn't mean, even if it's for the sake of humor or making a point. It's just happenstance that a lot of my sincere views get dismissed as nothing more than trolling.
  • I would say that they're dismissed because, while it seems your viewpoints are fairly far from the norm, you've done little to explain them through anecdotal/philosophical evidence. Hence, they come off as trolling.
  • Not everybody is inclined to unleash a flood of citation-and-nerdrage fueled arguments every time they have an opinion. I realize that's the standard practice for the internet but I'm sort of a reformed internet citizen.
  • Don Quixote is a damn good book. My mom read it to me when I was young as my bed time story, in the original Spanish.
  • edited February 2011
    Post edited by Kaptain K on
  • live mouse in a blender
    WOAH DUDE. THAT IS NOT COOL.
  • edited February 2011
    POWERWORD: CAPS LOCK
    Post edited by Kaptain K on
  • edited February 2011
    Alright guys, you know the drill.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • edited February 2011
    I don't think that's called for here. Granted, the mouse in a blender was obviously straight-up trolling - although he has now relegated it to a link instead of a direct post - but to me the rest doesn't qualify.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Someone didn't read the thread title, I thought this was Random Comments. I chose that gif at random.

It's not like I made it.
  • POWERWORD: CAPS LOCK
    Alright, you get points for that one. And now, that's a new Burning Wheel spell.
  • Anyone know a good free scanning program? Windows built in scanner program doesn't work with TWAIN drivers (Yay standards!) and the scanning program used doesn't show up under W7 downloads.
  • Powerword: Real Name is another well known internet spell
  • Someone didn't read the thread title, I thought this was Random Comments. I chose that gif at random.

It's not like I made it.
    How did you choose it at random? Please elaborate.
  • Well, perhaps arbitrarily would be a better word; nothing in this thread is actually random and "random" is really one of the worst themes to permeate the internet.
  • Eskimo shoes.
  • Obligatory falsettos.
  • Fucktackle shitattack
  • edited February 2011
    Well, perhaps arbitrarily would be a better word; nothing in this thread is actually random and "random" is really one of the worst themes to permeate the internet.
    Well, the stated intent and most common use of this thread is described in the first post:
    This thread is for when you have something to say that doesn't fit in any other topic but is not worthy of it's own.
    As such, this is indeed also the appropriate place to post on a whim.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on