This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Hope that guy got fired.
    Why?
    Why?
    Lack of professionalism. Also, he threatened them, advised they break the law by using illegal drugs, and generally displayed a mildly psychotic personality.
  • I hope they gave him a raise.
  • edited May 2011
    Hope that guy got fired.
    Why?
    Lack of professionalism. Also, he threatened them, advised they break the law by using illegal drugs, and generally displayed a mildly psychotic personality.
    Did you ever skateboard when you were younger, Jason? I'd be stoked if the guy kicking me out of the park for doing something I wasn't supposed to was as casual about the situation as this guy was. He easily could have just called the police, but instead leveled with them to some degree.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • He could have easily leveled with them without swearing, making sexual comments, endorsing drug use, and telling them he'd find their homes. He's a public employee; regardless of what you think about those issues or their legitimacy, he is still liable to maintain a certain code of conduct. He crossed many lines a public employee shouldn't.
  • I hope they gave him a raise.
    I hope so too. I hope they paid the raise in the form of a winter home in Maui and oiled-up babes. I like it when officials in any position talk to me like an equal. I mean, let's be real here: I swear like a fucking sailor, I've made my fair share of sexual comments, and I make off-color jokes. I can't hold anyone else to a double-standard on any of those things and not be a total hypocrite.
  • Today I spent $35 on gas, money, food, and a collection of Bukowski's poetry. This probably means that a couple of nights out next week will be replaced with enjoying some Red Breast 12 year old pure pot whiskey (shh) and reading Bukowski. I don't know how I feel about this.
  • edited May 2011
    Today I spent $35 on gas, money, food, and a collection of Bukowski's poetry. This probably means that a couple of nights out next week will be replaced with enjoying some Red Breast 12 year old pure pot whiskey (shh) and reading Bukowski. I don't know how I feel about this.
    You're now a probationary member of "Disaffected, college-age, single artists who don't give a fuck." To complete your initiation and receive your official certificate and ceremonial carton of Lucky Strikes, you must complete at least two of the following five prerequisites:

1) Obtain a battered instrument or a bag of balls or sandbags. Busk by juggling or playing music.
    2) Use spray paint or markers to create a thought-provoking piece of street art.
    3) Request a beer list at a low-class college bar. If it has less than 20 options, scoff, smirk, and leave.
    4) Attend a protest or counterprotest. Stand around apathetically and drink from a flask.
    5) Walk into a coffeeshop, produce a French press, and ask for coarse grounds and hot water. Make your own coffee. Taste it at the counter, and note the flavors to the barrista with the names of woods, colors, and textures.

Also, you must find, acquire, and wear at least one gentlemanly scarf at all times.

Welcome to the club, brother. I hope your solemn moments of quiet and bitter introspection are as solemn, quiet, bitter, and introspective as ours.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • MS Paint Adventures is probably my favorite thing.
  • Pro tip: Don't jump from a ladder onto a beanbag chair drunk.
    Was the result A)Pain, B)Beanbag filling EVERYWHERE, or C)All of the above?
    Was the result A)Pain, B)Beanbag filling EVERYWHERE, or C)All of the above?
    None of the above, but we've got a ten foot nook that's ripe for jumping from. If nothing else, I feel the beanbag will outlast the jumpers.
  • None of the above, but we've got a ten foot nook that's ripe for jumping from. If nothing else, I feel the beanbag will outlast the jumpers.
    Jesus Christ, that must be one hell of a beanbag.
  • Why are sleeping masks marketed exclusively towards women?
    Because, clearly, you must have a vagina if you care about healthy skin.
  • The internet is really slow on Sunday mornings.
    Because, clearly, you must have a vagina if you care about healthy skin.
    I mean this kind.
  • Trillan Pro just went free; I'm thinking that I might switch to it from Pidgin if its IRC support is any better than Pidgin's. I'm on XChat right now, and it's kind of clunky.
  • edited May 2011
    Trillain 5 for Win (only one Ive tried) has decent to good IRC. But it can't do DCC worth of shit.
    Edit: Actually, it supports both DCC chat and file transfers and Ive seen it be done shittier, but it's below XChat for Linux.
    Post edited by Aria on
  • Where do I get free Pro?!
  • I reached 1000 friends on Facebook.
  • How many of them do you know?
  • I ignore all but about 150.
  • You should have a separate fan account.
  • edited May 2011
    Where do I get free [Trillian] Pro?!
    Just update it. Details here.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • The day I say I have fans is the day I know for sure I'm a douche.
  • Where do I get free [Trillian] Pro?!
    Just update it. Details here.
    It has ads now...? Fuck that, the old free version > "Pro" + ads.
    (It didn't have ads but a month ago, when it was still in beta. A beta that lasted close to a year)
  • Im alive and you're my favorite naked godboy!
  • I did not know 4chan had a needlessly complex drinking game.