This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• There needs to be an anime convention in a convention centre adjacent to an ice rink.
  • Ladies and gentlemen, empirical proof that there is no god.
    Well, some people could argue the oposite. I mean, that hornet is too awesome to be real.
  • edited May 2011
    Ladies and gentlemen, empirical proof that there is no god.
    Well, some people could argue the oposite. I mean, that hornet is too awesome to be real.
    From the article: Each year in Japan, the human death toll caused by Asian giant hornet stings exceeds that of all other venomous and non-venomous wild animals combined, including wild bears and venomous snakes.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Ladies and gentlemen, empirical proof that there is no god.
    From the article: Each year in Japan, the human death toll caused by Asian giant hornet stings exceeds that of all other venomous and non-venomous wild animals combined, including wild bears and venomous snakes.
    Did you read the bit about the zerg attack the Japanese honey bees do to fend off the wasps?
    Also, while Giant Hornets are kinda scary, it still has the word 'hornet' in it's name. The Tarantua Hawk is such a fucking monster that they don't call it a wasp, they call it a hawk. This thing goes after female tarantulas because males aren't badass enough for her babies to eat. Jesus, read this about being stung:
    Commenting on his own experience, one researcher described the pain as "…immediate, excruciating pain that simply shuts down one's ability to do anything, except, perhaps, scream. Mental discipline simply does not work in these situations."
  • I need to learn an instrument and have a second language.
  • I need to learn an instrument and have a second language.
    You and me both.
  • I need to learn an instrument
    Harmonica. It's really, really easy. Get a 10-hole C harp and just wing it.
  • Jesus, read this about being stung:
    4.0 tarantula hawk: Blinding, fierce, shockingly electric. A running hair drier has been dropped into your bubble bath.
  • Firefox... why you have to screw up my bookmark bar formatting?
  • Also, while Giant Hornets are kinda scary, it still has the word 'hornet' in it's name. The Tarantua Hawk is such a fucking monster that they don't call it a wasp, they call it a hawk. This thing goes after female tarantulas because males aren't badass enough for her babies to eat.
    Ladies and gentlemen, empirical proof that there is no god.
    I find myself somewhat unimpressed.
  • I solemnly swear to just ignore the FB comments of people raging about the OBL no pic release and stop commenting on them.
  • I need to learn an instrument
    Harmonica. It's really, really easy. Get a 10-hole C harp and just wing it.
    HEY! I have one at home. A good one. *makes horrible sounds with it*
  • Probably popping down to the tobbaconist in a bit. This pleases me, because finals anxiety is making me hate life.
  • People need to abandon this stupid, bloated, moronic .doc/.docx format. Just use motherfucking .rtf.
  • People need to abandon this stupid, bloated, moronic .doc/.docx format. Just use motherfucking .rtf.
    RTF is fail. Use TXT.
  • Fuck file systems, write directly to NAND.
  • edited May 2011
    People need to abandon this stupid, bloated, moronic .doc/.docx format. Just use motherfucking .rtf .txt.
    EDIT:Damn...
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • Fixed a computer for a guy who had a 50 inch TV. Holy fuck are those things massive.
  • Right, after some polish work with the dremel knocking off all the sharp edges on this barbecue, it's time to get out the big fucking grinder and start taking the rust off the cooking surface.
    RTF is fail. Use TXT.
    TXT is fail. Use LaTeX.
    RTF is fail. Use TXT.
    TXT is fail. Use LaTeX.
    Text is fail. Use sound.
    RTF is fail. Use TXT.
    TXT is fail. Use LaTeX.
    Text is fail. Use sound.
    Text is fail. Use a blinking LED and morse code.
    RTF is fail. Use TXT.
    TXT is fail. Use LaTeX.
    Text is fail. Use sound.
    Text is fail. Use a blinking LED and morse code.
    Morse code is fail. Use your mind powers.
  • Morse code is fail. Use your mind powers.
    Mind powers? Pfft. I directly manipulate the sub-quantum matrix.
  • I've been looking for stickers to cover my new laptop with so it isn't just a bland black Thinkpad, and I reached one very important conclusion: RedBubble is the shit. Some examples:

• Holy fuck, this site is amazing.

• Some of these are the sticker versions of old Teefury shirts, which is even better.

I missed the Mad Scientists Union. I might have to get either that or the Prydon Academy.
  • Some of these are the sticker versions of old Teefury shirts, which is even better.

I missed the Mad Scientists Union. I might have to get either that or the Prydon Academy.
    It's all user-submitted stickers, it's to be expected.

I'm gonna pick up a few for myself, including this one -