This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

8 bacon cheeseburgers in 8 days

Comments

• $7.50 for just a burger.
    That's some major ripping off right there. Regadless, nice read, but the spacing is annoying.
  • That's some major ripping off right there.
    Not really, that's about the going rate for better than fast food (ie, better than McDonalds) quality food.
  • Rym loves White castle for some reason.
    Um, because it's delicious?

White Castle does not serve what I would deign to call a burger. What they do serve is tasty, though.
  • Much like I don't call McDonald's a burger. It's delicious, delicious chemicals. ^_^
  • Much like I don't call McDonald's a burger.
    Or Taco Bell a taco.
  • There is no better move that one can make in showing up to a large gathering than to show up with a White Castle crave case.
  • There is no better move that one can make in showing up to a large gathering than to show up with a White Castle crave case.
    Oh, there are way better moves than that. As just one example, Chipotle caters. Show up with like 30 burritos and see how it goes over.
    Oh, there are way better moves than that. As just one example, Chipotle caters. Show up with like 30 burritos and see how it goes over. Dozens of doughnuts are also very popular, as are multiple cheesecakes.
  • Chicken rings!
    I want to go to there.
  • Oh I don't know about that. Chipotle ranks at the top of my overrated fast food list. Next time you are headed down to Wildwood or other shore destinations, I suggest stopping at a Surf Taco along the way. There are 8 locations and they keep spreading, so it's pretty convenient to duck off the parkway and get a bite.
  • Oh I don't know about that. Chipotle ranks at the top of my overrated fast food list. Next time you are headed down to Wildwood or other shore destinations, I suggest stopping at a Surf Taco along the way. There are 8 locations and they keep spreading, so it's pretty convenient to duck off the parkway and get a bite.
    Whatever, Chipotle owns. Also, Alumni Grill.
  • I agree with the Chipotle is over rated. I prefer almost every other burrito place to them. (I have never gone to one where the chips were not stale)
  • I have never gone to one where the chips were not stale
    You're not supposed to eat the chips. Those are a trap.
  • Whatever, Chipotle owns.
    Meh. Overrated and bland they are. Chipotle is pretty lame overall.
  • Q'doba has the best chips with their yummy queso. I'm hungry now.
  • edited September 2010
    Regardless of where I get it the Burrito has surpassed cheeseburgers in terms of "what I always want to eat" (hasn't beat out Pizza yet, probably do to the lack of sausage options and not as much cheese :-p)
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Regardless of where I get it the Burrito has surpassed cheeseburgers in terms of "what I always want to eat" (hasn't beat out Pizza yet, probably do to the lack of sausage options and not as much cheese :-p)
    Same here. Whenever I think about getting something to eat instead of making dinner, Chipotle is always first in my mind. I also get the bowls and not the burrito. Boo@tortillas.
  • Q'doba has the best chips with their yummy queso. I'm hungry now.
    Not a fan of Qdoba.
  • Not a fan of Qdoba.
    I'm not either. I just like their chips and queso.
  • Moe's is alright for burritos. Bomber's (local bar in Albany attempting to franchise) has great wings and tofu fries, but the burritos need some work.
  • OK Luke, we are going to need you to eat nothing but chain burritos for the next week.

We'll start up a paypal donation fund to buy you new pants.
  • I remember the Bomber's burrito being really good, but I only ate it maybe twice in my life. Doesn't matter, though. Worth it to go there just for the rasta fries.

Also, that really tiny burrito stand at the Pike Place Market I ate at during PAX was excellente. I just couldn't finish it due to stomach smallness.

• We'll start up a paypal donation fund to buy you new pants.
    Not necessary
  • Also, that really tiny burrito stand at the Pike Place Market I ate at during PAX was excellente. I just couldn't finish it due to stomach smallness.
    Taco Del Mar. They are all over the place. I prefer Chipotle over them, however they have good fish tacos.
  • There's a local place around here called Burrito Jonez that servers some amazing burritos and tacos great atmosphere too. It's a bit too far upstate for most of you but I thought I should share such a cool place.
  • Also, that really tiny burrito stand at the Pike Place Market I ate at during PAX was excellente. I just couldn't finish it due to stomach smallness.
    Taco Del Mar. They are all over the place. I prefer Chipotle over them, however they have good fish tacos.
    I thought Taco Del Mar was the place inside the convention center.
  • I thought Taco Del Mar was the place inside the convention center.
    Oh you're right. I didn't read the Pikes Place Market.
  • I thought Taco Del Mar was the place inside the convention center.
    Oh you're right. I didn't read the Pikes Place Market.
    Yeah, Taco Del Mar is ok. Probably the best eatery in the convention center, but I would only go there in case of emergency, such as our quesedilla b'fast two years ago. However, they are business geniuses. They stay open way late and such to sap the most money possible out of PAX, and they succeed.
  • >east coasters talking about Mexican food
  • >east coasters talking about Mexican food
    Cafe Maya owns all.