This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Atomic Trivia War 9000: The Podcast: The Game

Comments

• Unfortunately folk Jason fails at the internets and technology so there won't be a live studio audience recording tonight. So sorry. Blame Jason. Email him hate mail @ atw9k@simplysyndicated.com
  • Don't forget ATW9K fans to "Like" us on Facebook. We will have random trivia every now and then.

Perhaps tiny prizes in the future.
  • edited April 2011
    Of course I am a few episodes behind on this like all other podcasts, but I'm listening to the Omar episode right now. I have already laughed out loud once when Jason read out the slogan "sugar bear can't get enough." It just sounds like it should be for pimp cereal.

Edit from further listening:
    I am awaiting Law & Order: SBU (standard bacon units)
    Post edited by Matt on
  • I am awaiting Law & Order: SBU (standard bacon units)
    I feel like it would be Law & Order: Special Bacon Unit in that case.
  • I volunteer to head this unit. We will find ALL BACON and take it... as evidence... in an evidence room... with a skillet.
  • I volunteer to head this unit. We will find ALL BACON and take it... as evidence... in an evidence room... with a skillet.
    I think it would be more like that scene in Seven when Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman find the gluttony apartment.
  • edited April 2011
    Ro, Kevin, and Omar: Would you each like to bring a question for our guest(s) tonight? This is kind of a reminder that we record on WEDNESDAY this week at 10:30 p.m.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • You guys are going to be so tired tonight. I remember now since I remembered my mom's birthday and you reminded me last night.

I'll try to think of something.
  • Don't forget ATW9K fans to "Like" us on Facebook. We will have random trivia every now and then.

Perhaps tiny prizes in the future.
    You should have a guest spot for a prize of one of them. Not that I am eyeing that up or anything.
  • edited April 2011
    You should have a guest spot for a prize of one of them. Not that I am eyeing that up or anything.
    Not a bad idea. But prizes at the moment seem like a lot of effort with all the crap going on.

I need to find a cheap way to mass produce swag. Perhaps.

Also no has participated in today's FB trivia. :'(
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I didn't know the exact answer to today's question. I should be ashamed. I spent a year as a barista! I did google it but I feel that would be dishonest to answer it now.
  • edited April 2011
    Ro, Kevin, and Omar: Would you each like to bring a question for our guest(s) tonight? This is kind of a reminder that we record on WEDNESDAY this week at 10:30 p.m.
    Sure thing, any topic? I got a good one if so. Saying it out loud comes in just under the 12 minute mark.
    Post edited by TorontoKev on
  • I already have my question. :D
  • It doesn't say what time zone :/
  • EST. 7:30 PST for us awesome people, Sail.
  • EST. 7:30 PST for us awesome people, Sail.
    EDT.
  • New episode is out: I think we're going to need a new Kevin

Super fan Greg Blanchard earns a guest spot on the show this week after submitting a number of great questions to us over the past couple of weeks.
  • YOU GUYS FAIL

SINISTAR! BEWARE HE LIVES!

• I was surprised.
  • I would like to award Ro points for picking Roosevelt as the shortest president. The guy was in a wheelchair!
  • I would like to award Ro points for picking Roosevelt as the shortest president. The guy was in a wheelchair!
    Yay, I get a point!

Also for those who follow us on Facebook, how are the daily questions so far? Do you want them to be more difficult? More geeky? Just curious. I won't necessarily listen to you, but I'm open to suggestions. :P

Also I do not guarantee questions on the weekends because it is the weekend and I'm not energetic to do stuff on Facebook on my days off. That's what workdays are for!
  • Also for those who follow us on Facebook, how are the daily questions so far? Do you want them to be more difficult? More geeky? Just curious. I won't necessarily listen to you, but I'm open to suggestions. :P
    Most of them are really easy.
  • Most of them are really easy.
    Well we probably wouldn't have a lot or any participation if they were very hard.

Perhaps if I chose a certain subject and gave a somewhat easy question and difficult question on the same post. That would work.
  • I would just gauge difficulty based on how many or how quickly responses come in.
  • I would just gauge difficulty based on how many or how quickly responses come in.
    True. It's only been a week since we've been doing this anyways. I'll play around with things and see how they go.
  • Jason has never seen Snatch, but he thinks he's qualified to do movie trivia? WTF. Remedy that shit tonight or else.
  • Jason has never seen Snatch, but he thinks he's qualified to do movie trivia? WTF. Remedy that shit tonight or else.
    I tried watching Snatch and was bored to tears after 20 minutes.