This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Atomic Trivia War 9000: The Podcast: The Game

Comments

• 21? Good Lord. I could probably name 5 but not from memory, only through guessing stripper names which likely would be pony names too.
    Don't tempt them. They already have some weird furry shit going on with the whole pony thing.
  • edited March 2011
    Sooooo. Who got that Megazone 23 The Third refrence Daryl made in this episode. My guess: only me.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • So we are recording and all of a sudden there is trash talk about ponies. Then Jason disconnects and we are all here waiting.

This is what happens when you trash talk ponies!
  • So we are recording and all of a sudden there is trash talk about ponies. Then Jason disconnects and we are all here waiting.

I wasn't even there!
  • Funny story about that: So one of the cats finds its way into my basement den/sanctum and knocks the shit out of my router, breaking it. I grabbed a spare router I have, only to find that when the cat knocked the router off my desk, it also pulled so hard on the cable that it cracked my ethernet card. So I grabbed an old card out of the spare parts bin and did the fastest replacement job ever.
  • If you don't already know, ATW9K Ep024 is out, featuring Daryl Surat of the Anime World Order podcast.

Topics include: Ninja, Steven Seagal, BSG, horror movies, and more!

Brilliant!
  • I was hoping you'd read my question on this episode after Daryl said he'd never watched a full episode of Pokemon, and then you did! Perfect.
  • I was hoping you'd read my question on this episode after Daryl said he'd never watched a full episode of Pokemon, and then you did! Perfect.
    Happy birthday.
  • That Steven Segal category was some of the funniest shit. If I'm ever back on, I demand a Van Damme category in the same style.

Also I like this episode because it mentions me a lot.
  • I didn't make it far through this episode. I found Daryl's constant reminders of his own ignorance annoying right away, but thought he might tone it down a bit. He didn't though, so I stopped just at the start of the bidding war. Is it worth going on?
  • I didn't make it far through this episode. I found Daryl's constant reminders of his own ignorance annoying right away, but thought he might tone it down a bit. He didn't though, so I stopped just at the start of the bidding war. Is it worth going on?
    I found this episode to be one of the funniest, actually. The fact that Daryl said that he knows nothing and then answered most of the questions correctly really made up for the slight annoyance of him repeating the same thing.
  • I adore Daryl, but I kind of agree with Luke. This was actually one of my least favorite episodes of ATW9K. Don't tell Daryl that though, because I think if he went on the podcast a second time he would be less uncomfortable and everything would be awesome.
  • I listened to the end of the podcast, and mostly enjoyed it. Kev called Daryl out on it by the end though.

Also, the bullshit at the start before you introduce the guests? I fast forward through it every episode. ;p
  • *Ro
    * CommentTime4 days ago

Posted By: Jason I'm not jelly just because people specifically seek out Ro IN STRANGELY OBSESSIVE WAYS.

They do, which I don't mind. I find it interesting how they find me. I know I mentioned it on Twitter, but not sure if I did here, but I received a message from a down under person on XBL. My XBL username can only be found on these forums. I'm pretty sure I don't have it posted anywhere else.

Thanks for blocking my Username name out Ro also I am NOT from Down Under that implies that I am from Australia and I am most DEFINITELY not an Aussie.
    I am a Proud Pavlova eating, L&P; drinking, All Black watching, Binge Drinking, Sir Peter Jackson loving New Zealander. Trust me there is a BIG difference.
    Calling a Kiwi an Aussie is like calling a Canadian an American (which is quite irritating, Right Kev) but it happens a lot anyway so in the grand scheme of things we get use to it so no biggie
  • Thanks for blocking my Username name out Ro also I am NOT from Down Under that implies that I am from Australia and I am most DEFINITELY not an Aussie.
    I am a Proud Pavlova eating, L&P; drinking, All Black watching, Binge Drinking, Sir Peter Jackson loving New Zealander. Trust me there is a BIG difference.
    Calling a Kiwi an Aussie is like calling a Canadian an American (which is quite irritating, Right Kev) but it happens a lot anyway so in the grand scheme of things we get use to it so no biggie
    A thousand apologies. ^^;;

I just did a quick Google search and saw it's from New Zealand and just thought of Australia. Anyhoo welcome to forums!
  • Thanks for blocking my Username name out Ro also I am NOT from Down Under that implies that I am from Australia and I am most DEFINITELY not an Aussie.
    Ha yes I lived in London England for 4 years and loved being called American all the time. Yeah.

But in your list, you forgot "Flight of the Concords loving". :D
  • Whoops how could i forget New Zealand's 4th most popular guitar-based digi-bongo acapella-rap-funk-comedy folk duo Bret & Jemaine (and yes I am on a first name basis with them but so are 4million other New Zealanders)
    Also I am the listener who sent Jason the Donnie Question that was featured on this weeks podcast
  • edited March 2011
    Episode 25 is out, titled "How Dave and Graz Saved St. Patrick's Day." We talked about the X-Men, Lord of the Rings, Splinter Cell, Rome (aka Graz's people), Deep Space 9, and a ton of other shit.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • This already sounds like an awesome episode.
  • I really liked both recording and listening to this one, a lot of laughs!
  • edited March 2011
    I wonder why he skipped the other one. Probably because of the Dave Riley fanboy love. I don't blame Jason.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • St. Patrick's Day.
  • St. Patrick's Day.
    Sure, use that for your excuse.
  • This was a fun show most recently, and I will definitely return as time allows!
  • You know what to do with that.
  • Paging Mr Foley...
  • Everyone will totally think that joke is hilarious.

In, like, three weeks.