This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• I don't know if Jigglypuff so much feminine as something else...
  • edited September 2011
    I think she's disappointed that supposedly embracing our collective feminine side by watching a pink show about ponies hasn't lead to us all making out.

Which is a disappointing stereotype...
    If we all embraced our feminine sides, then we would be attracted to masculine men, right? It's only logical. Therefore, those of us who watch ponies need to start making out with those who don't.
    Or something...
    Post edited by Ikatono on
  • Bright pink, is a singing diva, gets pissed off when people stop paying attention to it...
    As much as I like to argue that the Jigglypuff in Smash Bros. is a boy, they sure don't act like one...
  • Bright pink, is a singing diva, gets pissed off when people stop paying attention to it...
    As much as I like to argue that the Jigglypuff in Smash Bros. is a boy, they sure don't act like one...
    Fuck you all and your heteronormative behavioral expectations.

Just sayin'.
  • Thank you. I was looking for the words for that.
  • I think she's disappointed that supposedly embracing our collective feminine side by watching a pink show about ponies hasn't lead to us all making out.
    Looking at all those rainbows must have some lingering effect, are you sure your urge to smooch other boys hasn't increased?
  • edited September 2011
    If that were the case, I'd have turned gay waaaaay before now. One of my favourite movie when I was a young child was The Swan Princess, I watched Sailor Moon every day after school, and most of my childhood friends were girls. Going by your theory, I ought to be gayer than a three dollar bill by now.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • I made cupcakes the other day. Is that a lingering effect?
  • Did those cupcakes cause unwellness? I think you're in the clear if they didn't.
  • edited September 2011
    They may have made me temporarily gain weight.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • Well..i..UH, hmmmm

I wore my pink shirt today. Just on a whim. OH GODS ITS HAPPENING! Better go polish my knives to stave it off.
  • Going by your theory, I ought to be gayer than a three dollar bill by now.
    Maybe you are and you just aren't ready to confront that fact.
  • Ahh. I thought BL was just another name for Yaoi..
    It is. If this show makes guys gay, what about girls? The power of Rainbow Dash make us butch/lipsick?
  • This thread is losing focus:

Also:

• Ahh. I thought BL was just another name for Yaoi..
    It is. If this show makes guys gay, what about girls? The power of Rainbow Dash make us butch/lipsick?
    Indeed, i thought this show was praised for buckling the gender trend, not reinforcing the divide by insinuating stereotype. Saying that this show makes men gay is precisely that as well.

But enough of this, back to pictures and rainbows and pinkie pie
  • Here's my thoughts on the whole debate:
    Fuck you all and your heteronormative behavioral expectations.

Just sayin'.
    Hey. She was the first one to suggest that anything about MLP would make you gay. I was simply saying that Jigglypuff held many similar kinds of stereotypical qualities, and that it hadn't turned me gay.
    Oh man, can someone vector those?
  • Hey. She was the first one to suggest that anything about MLP would make you gay. I was simply saying that Jigglypuff held many similar kinds of stereotypical qualities, and that it hadn't turned me gay.
    It was directed at her too.
  • Hey. She was the first one to suggest that anything about MLP would make you gay. I was simply saying that Jigglypuff held many similar kinds of stereotypical qualities, and that it hadn't turned me gay.
    It was directed at her too.
    'Kay. I wasn't claiming that Jigglypuff should turn people gay, or that anything about it is distinctly homosexual. Just that a lot of Jigglypuff's aspects are stereotypically associated with femininity in the same way MLP is.
  • Filly Cooly
    Why isn't this in wallpaper size ;_;
  • edited September 2011
    Ponies
    I've been using those avatars on Steam and Skype for a while now.
    Filly Cooly
    Why isn't this in wallpaper size ;_;
    It can be found... here.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • I think she's disappointed that supposedly embracing our collective feminine side by watching a pink show about ponies hasn't lead to us all making out.

Which is a disappointing stereotype...
    If we all embraced our feminine sides, then we would be attracted to masculine men, right? It's only logical. Therefore, those of us who watch ponies need to start making out with those who don't.

Or something...
    I'm masculine. enjoy the same.
  • Nevermind then. My logic fails.
  • If someone said [Gold Experience's views on ponies] to me IRL after I've tried to explain why people enjoy it, I'd actually feel a bit insulted.
    @^ I'm gay, but I don't like masculine men. Well, no, I do. I don't like muscle-y men. Sure, pecks are nice, maybe a faint six-pack. But if you wouldn't describe their build as 'average' (or small..) they're probably too muscle-y for my liking.
  • Masculine =/= Male and Feminine =/= Female.

Male/Female are physical sex characteristics. Ex: Do you have a penis or a vagina?

Masculine/Feminine are gender stereotypes associated with, but not exclusive to, the accompanying sex characteristics. For example: Being less emotional, enjoying sports, being logical, being expected to provide for a family, etc. are considered masculine traits and are expected of most men. This does not however mean that all men are masculine or without feminine qualities. The same is true of women who may not feel "feminine" or as we generally refer to them when growing up "tom-boys".

In short, there is not wrong combination of sex and gender and so, expectations on a persons enjoyment of a show based on his/her sexual stereotypes are faulty.

Also, this is nowhere near a comprehensive list of sex/gender characteristics, only an extreme summary of an vastly complicated issue.
  • I probably should have grentexted that to start; I never meant that seriously.
  • My teacher insisted that I write an essay on mlp after my long winded speech on the artist downfall of letting laurn faust leave, I may get insane amounts of extra credit.

• Not a big fan of quick time events, but I would play this.