This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• There's also performing a spell noverbally, which seems to be particularly difficult, perhaps due to magic working on Calling Your Attack, so it'd be entirely possible to use sectumsempra (the slashing curse Snape invented) nonverbally and the only clue you'd have was your opponent waving his wand around like a ninny.

I imagine spells have a verbal component because it helps you visualize the effect better, but now I'm Dumbledore's Girthing.
  • edited December 2012
    Best cover yet?
    Also, this:
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • They both look like they're gonna mulligan.
  • Assassin's Steed?
  • Quick someone re-edit the episode with the alternate song.
  • edited December 2012
    *Rarity toy*
    That is incredibly awesome.
    Quick someone re-edit the episode with the alternate song.
    What's wrong with your computer?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • *Rarity toy*
    That is incredibly awesome.
    Quick someone re-edit the episode with the alternate song.
    What's wrong with your computer?
    I wasn't at it.

• Well, you are now! Get on with it, man! ^_^
  • Well, you are now! Get on with it, man! ^_^
    No time until next week.

• When's the next RFE? :D
  • This episode gets a d'aww/10.
  • This episode kinda makes me wonder why the Luna in antiquity was so offended by the ponies of Equestria sleeping through her night, if she also has dominion over dreams.
  • People get wiser with age.
  • People get wiser with age.
    I doubt this.
  • edited December 2012
    Could be a new thing she only recently acquired. Seriously if I were Celestia, I would totally be encouraging her to practice that whole dream thing to stop her from being lonely at night.

To be clear though, this new writer really knows his way around. Luna in particular was woven in masterfully, overshadowed no one, and instead advanced the plot as well as character growth of Scootaloo, which in turn treats us to a rare scene of Rainbow Dash sentimentality, something I do wish to see in future episodes.
    Post edited by lifecircle on
  • Pilot aside, I'm feeling this is going to be the best season yet.
  • Pilot aside, I'm feeling this is going to be the best season yet.
    Well seeing as this season is going to be shorter, I do hope it is going to be!
  • As with any season of Ponies, I haven't started watching yet, but the parts from the Trixie episode I saw (it's not like I'm actively avoiding it like last year) looked very high quality. Almost Discordian -- which would be a great name for a pony-themed polka band.
  • I am very thankful the Scootaloo episode included the Luna parts, otherwise there would be no material for RFE. Instead, there is a metric fuckton!
  • Do you think there will be an RFE for Magic Duel, or did you not find much to say about that one/not have time? No worries either way, just curious.
  • Do you think there will be an RFE for Magic Duel, or did you not find much to say about that one/not have time? No worries either way, just curious.
    It doesn't seem like there's any set rules to dueling, it just seems the object is to prove whom is the more powerful unicorn through an escalating series of more complex spells.
  • edited December 2012
    So do you think Luna actually enters ponies dreams to help with nightmares or was that all just a figment of Scootaloo's imagination?
    Post edited by Ganswon on
    It doesn't seem like there's any set rules to dueling, it just seems the object is to prove whom is the more powerful unicorn through an escalating series of more complex spells.
    I meant the episode as a whole, not just magic dueling itself. Stuff along the lines of zebra magic and/or the alicorn amulet, perhaps.