This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• It actually syncs up exceptionally well to the beat.
  • I maintain that Sweetie Bell is god damned adorable.
  • Thanks for that.
  • edited November 2012

Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited November 2012
    MLP magical girl comic (too long to post directly).
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited November 2012

This is awesome. Just Awesome.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited November 2012
    ME AM PLAY GODS! ME GO TOO FAR!
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • ME AM PLAY GODS! ME GO TOO FAR!
    For the uninformed:
  • SO err...I heard the new My Little Pony Comic is out. Im a huge fan of the art style, have any of you guys in the west managed to get a copy? Will Geeknights cover this on a RFE?
    From what I know the story IS canon, and features returning antagonists or something.
  • SO err...I heard the new My Little Pony Comic is out. Im a huge fan of the art style, have any of you guys in the west managed to get a copy? Will Geeknights cover this on a RFE?
    From what I know the story IS canon, and features returning antagonists or something.
    What do you think this is?
  • Well, it comes out on Wednesday, and there's a few hours left to go for that over here. There's a launch/signing event at Midtown Comics that I'm probably going to go to just because the idea having a signed copy of MLP #1 amuses me to no end.
  • Heh, it took me a while to work out the panel order for that.
  • Silver Spoon needs some ice for that
  • Fan's prediction of Season 3 ending.

• An excuse to kill that asshole of a rabbit? I'm down.
  • Man, I really really liked the comic. Good art, and chock full of references and fanservice (missed plenty of little details the first time through). Slightly more PG tone which is a nice complement to the show. I suppose there were a couple of off-character lines and missed jokes but this is a great start.

• I bought 2 versions of issue 1 of the MLP:FiM comics. The one on the right is a special cover. I really didn't need to buy the Pinkie Pie cover after I realized that purchasing it on Comixology gives you all the mane 6 covers. Oh well.

• Took me a while due to having more important things to deal with (school, primarily), but here it is: My coverage of Equestria LA.

It's also my 100th video, so that's cool.
  • I have a copy of MLP #1 with the Stephanie Buscema cover, signed by Buscema. Yay.

The story is okay; I think the characterizations might be a bit inconsistent and there doesn't seem to be anything in the way of friendship lessons.
  • edited November 2012
    I agree that there are a few slips in voicing here and there. I'm willing to overlook those in favor of the overall effort and energy demonstrated, and I expect it'll improve as Cook settles in, but we'll see.

As for the lesson, this story is supposed to run 4 issues and be the equivalent of a 2-parter. I think there's a good chance we'll get a lesson in the last issue.
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • Holy Crap. Sonic is the male version of me. Speech patterns and body language = MATCH.
  • This video is the result of a joke Jed made to me last night. So 20 minutes later this was born. Sweetiestein.

German ponies.
  • edited November 2012
    Holy Crap. Sonic is the male version of me. Speech patterns and body language = MATCH.
    I would say the inverse, but I know for a fact that you are older than me. Also, that's my "On Air" mannerisms. You might want to ask Emily or other forumites who've seen me in the real world to see if I'm really like that. Honestly, I'm not sure anymore.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Gird your loins assholes, Trixie's coming back in ten and a half hours.
  • I can assure that I will never gird my loins for ponies under any circumstances.