This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• edited February 2015
    ponies at 0:35

Post edited by Michipoo18 on
  • edited February 2015
    Why the Colts and not the Broncos?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Why the Colts and not the Broncos?

Equestria Girls reference (the school mascot in that was the "Wondercolts")?
  • April 4th bitches
  • I enjoyed Rainbow Rocks despite the very standard plot. It had fun little bits of world building and it was fun to spot all the background ponies and other assorted fan service, like DJ Pon-3's bass cannon, but it's the stinger at the end that has me most interested in what they might do next. I'm convinced that it could be a movie completely without the pony universe characters.
  • So...the new fiendship is magic comics centering on the villans and their history have me really excited, but there was a preview of the one with tirek, and its just looking fantastic...

photo Tirek_Page_1_zpscps7m6o9.jpg

photo Tirek_Page_3_zpsfjech9df.jpg

ALSO THE POUCH ON HIS NECK IS TOTALLY THE ONE WITH THE RAINBOW OF DARKNESS FROM THE G1 MOVIE. The writer did his research for sure :D

• CARTOON HORSE PROGRAM!!:
  • That was amazing.
  • Oh my god that was great.
  • edited March 2015
    I accidentally a comment. I blame bad mobile UI.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • I see your SFM, and raise you an Argodaemon!

TO THE MOON!
  • I have no idea what that was but I love it.
  • The captions make it so much more awesome.
  • Season opener was probably one of the most subtle and hella creepy episode in MLP for awhile. The atmosphere was not too unlike Party of One, disregarding that it acted somewhat as a documentary on marxist philosophies.

Also great villan. Not crazy powerful, not a conqueror. Makes her megalomania and delusion that much more potent. It is a battle of ideology in the end. And she escaped so...theres that. Hoping for a season long villain.
  • edited April 2015

Season opener was probably one of the most subtle and hella creepy episode in MLP for awhile. The atmosphere was not too unlike Party of One, disregarding that it acted somewhat as a documentary on marxist philosophies.

Also great villan. Not crazy powerful, not a conqueror. Makes her megalomania and delusion that much more potent. It is a battle of ideology in the end. And she escaped so...theres that. Hoping for a season long villain.

Remember kids: Cults are evil.

I also agree, they definitely seem to be setting up a season long villain.
    Post edited by SuperPichu on
  • Also, I want to believe that the staff being shaped like the Spear of Longinus, and being used to pierce the AT Fie- I mean, vault barrier at the end, was by no means a coincidence :open_mouth:
  • Also, I want to believe that the staff being shaped like the Spear of Longinus, and being used to pierce the AT Fie- I mean, vault barrier at the end, was by no means a coincidence :open_mouth:

I really want a picture of her sitting like Gendo now
  • Season opener was probably one of the most subtle and hella creepy episode in MLP for awhile. The atmosphere was not too unlike Party of One, disregarding that it acted somewhat as a documentary on marxist philosophies.

Agreed. Great opening. She had all those cult leader/con artist mannerisms written perfectly. "Oh, even though are society is amazing and perfect, it's your choice if you want to say." She was real good at turning words. And her magic powers appear to be pretty devastating if she was able to banish all those cutie marks with her influence for so long.

See, that's a good corrupted unicorn antagonist. Looking at you Sunset Shimmer.
  • Harrison Bergeron and Pones. Two great tastes that tasted kinda ok together.
  • Apreche said:

Harrison Bergeron and Pones. Two great tastes that tasted kinda ok together.

Some criticism I've heard online stem from the inevitablility of children programming. This might arguably be one of the most "adult" episdoes they ever did (Adults watching this probably get more creeped out than the kids), but its still lacking in the subtle department.

• I couldn't believe they named a pony "Party Favor." His gimmick was interesting though.
  • I really liked the 1984 reference
  • I've really enjoyed the episodes this season. Lots of fun little references and I really liked what Scootaloo did when the CMCs met Luna together.
  • All I can say about that episode is...wow. That was really well handled. Also Rainbow Dash Grinch face needs to be a thing.
  • Hibernating is really not the same as death. I mean, Tank has only been in three episodes or so at this point, right? Angel should technically be hibernating about it too, but we really don't care. Or maybe it's about how crying helps? It didn't really come off as personal growth.
  • Angel doesn't have to hibernate because he's a mammal and lives indoors predominantly.