This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• anyone else still reading the comics?
  • belkalra said:

anyone else still reading the comics?

I have them all and want to read them, but I lent one of the issues to Rymily, and I'm stuck because I have a gap.
  • I just waited for the trades.

We have to dig Scott's comic out of the comic pile on the bedroom shelf.
  • I've been catching up. I'm like halfway through the pirate one
  • Just got the 5th trade; has a bunch of starswirl the bearded which is pretty quality. the adventure itself is along the lines of the second trade or the season openers/closers.
  • Wait, is it actually good? Should I be reading this?
  • Wait, is it actually good? Should I be reading this?

Just caught up on all comics. Yes you should be. It is better than the show at points.
  • The comics are at about the level the show was at its peak moments, but hang around that level consistently.
  • Rym said:

The comics are at about the level the show was at its peak moments, but hang around that level consistently.

Yup. Better visual gags, character expressions, and uses of characters who only appear once or twice.
  • edited September 2014
    It's a good thing. Discovery Kids failed, but they still wanted to do a channel that could get the whole family, even the youngest, together. They bring Hasbro in, let them do their thing for a while, and get a whole mess of good shows for kids out of it. Look at the line up that's sticking around after the swap: MLP, LPS, and Transformers Rescue Bots. Those are it's three most popular shows and, while their ratings still can't compete with Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, or Disney, that's not their game....
    The Hub Network has consistently been the most co-viewed children’s cable network among kids 2-11 watching with adults 18-49
    ...this is. If you want to be a family network and keep pulling in advertisers that cater to families, you can't get much better than having this on a ones sheet. The programming their adding, which is aimed at a older demo, will help keep the adults engaged and feeling like it's an educational channel and will give the kids that are growing out of LPS and MLP something to graduate to. Keep 'em tuned in.

I was wondering what they were going to do after Loesch stepped down as the network chief and now we know that too. Tim Cosgrove has the experience and knows how to run a successful family channel. His experience in both educational networks and entertainment networks means he's pretty much perfect to manage the fusion-ed programming identity of the new Discovery Family.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • So..I've been hearing from many multiple sources and people I know, that the new Rainbow Rocks movie is surprisingly good. Seeing as how much I found the original to be very bland, I do have my curiosity spiked for this one.

Will probably catch an online version since we don't get the film in Asia, anyone who has seen it please give an appraisal :)
  • So..I've been hearing from many multiple sources and people I know, that the new Rainbow Rocks movie is surprisingly good. Seeing as how much I found the original to be very bland, I do have my curiosity spiked for this one.

Will probably catch an online version since we don't get the film in Asia, anyone who has seen it please give an appraisal :)

I saw it. It was about the quality of a random episode of the show recently. Nothing special but not bad. The soundtrack on the other hand is fantastic.
  • I find the soundtracks to be terribly bland compared to the core show.
  • I'm not gonna lie, I was fairly disappointed when I grabbed art of the dress only to find out it did not contain the second(see superior) verse
  • I thought Rainbow Rocks was pretty decent. A lot less of the high school popularity faux-drama from the first EG movie and instead it was more of a pure magical girls type show. It also had a couple plot things that I'm personally a real sucker for, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
  • The best version by far belongs to YouTube's auto-caption version.
  • you lie!(more later)
  • There's a guy in my school who every day comes in with a trilby that has Twilight's hair on the front, her tail in the back, and purple wings on both sides.
  • Take a picture.
  • I'll try, but I won't promise anything. I don't actually know the guy, I just see him in the halls. We only get four minutes between classes, so we don't have enough time for a half decent photoshoot -- setting aside that we're not allowed to use our phones in school.
  • Also...an actual honest to goodness MLP movie will be coming out in 2017. Megan McCarthy is confirmed for co-producer, and Hasbro is throwing quite a bit of effort into this it seems. http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/10/20/my-little-pony-movie-2017/

I'm more glad about having pony till 2017 really. Feels like the whole 6 seasons and a movie may be true after all.
  • That up smash has such a narrow hitbox, though.

Who made that? dA search isn't being helpful...