This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• Rubin likes to rub that table a lot :-p
    I just need to give him something with which to fidget.
    You should give him a pony figure and have him comb their hair during the recording.

BTW, just watched/listened to it this morning. That was a very good discussion that easily opens the flood gates for further discussions on various topics about the life/systems of Equestria. The cuts to different parts of the show seemed appropriate to the current subject being discussed.
  • I've spent all day today with Winter Wrap-Up on in my head. But mainly just the chorus and "Tomorrow Spring is Here". I don't even watch this cartoon that much. Combine that with the Pinkie Pie related nightmares and... well... I'm fucked.
  • http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/06/raido-free-equestria.html

Hahaha, this is great. What I love is that they gave you guys the Captain Falcon Pony, but others are saying you guys are the reason the website hit 10 Million Views.
  • Judging by the comments, Geeknights just got a few new listeners.
  • This actually reminds me of the core GeekNights expansion strategy. It goes something like this.

1) Pick a popular geeky community.
    2) Create some content for that community.
    3) New fans/listeners/profit!

So far we've done this with our fellow friendly podcasts AwO, Fast Karate, Simply Syndicated, etc. Dwarf Fortress, Indie RPG folks, and now ponies.

Who's next?
  • Rainbow Dash looks like she has a mullet in some scenes. That is all.
    Uh, she does.
  • edited June 2011
    Rainbow Dash looks like she has a mullet in some scenes. That is all.
    Uh, she does.
    Granted, it's probably less of a mock-worthy hairstyle for ponies. It would look pretty weird if she didn't have the neck part of her mane.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • edited June 2011
    Great first video, ive been seeing people comment that you guys actually have more episodes posted?

I think one of the main ideas i took away from your vid was the buying of goods only if they were considered a luxury item. Indeed,the psychology of us humans would be very different if basic nescessites like food could simply be gotten by walking into a grass patch and chewing a few mouthfuls. Ideas like agriculture and farming would take on a lesser meaning; indeed, the whole idea of agriculture and itself as an industry could be counted as a luxury product by. Would there be such things as world hunger? It could be a very basic reason why all ponies have such a culture revolving around protecting the environment and controlling it, because it is the environment which gives them their most basic necessities in a very direct way, unlike us humans, who needs to hunt/grow crops

I would like to point out, if someone else has not already, that there clearly is a book shop. Episode 5, 01.56, twilight is about to walk into it.
    Post edited by lifecircle on
  • edited June 2011
    http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/06/raido-free-equestria.html
    Hahaha, this is great.
    Second!

... there clearly is a book shop.
    In the utopia provided by Ponyism; is literature a niche market?

In the utopia provided by Ponyism; Is there room for a Dudebro?
    Post edited by Casa Vino on
  • That's pretty gotdamn adorable. Of course her power would be to stare down any zombie, immobilizing them on the spot so you can plant a cherry bomb or squash.
    Uh, she does.
    Proof.
  • You should give him a pony figure and have him comb their hair during the recording.
    I have one of the McDonalds Rainbow Dash figurines I'd be willing to part with for the cause.
  • I have one of the McDonalds Rainbow Dash figurines I'd be willing to part with for the cause.
    I think I'll give Scott a pilsner glass full of apple juice. Classy.
  • edited June 2011
    It probably wouldn't be hard to get a pilsner glass printed that has a logo on it - for example, this one I whipped up in about ten minutes -
    Post edited by Churba on
  • It probably wouldn't be hard to get a pilsner glass printed that has a logo on it - for example, this one I whipped up in about ten minutes -
    Wow, you are super good at drawing! Or copyright infringement. Or getting permission from an artist in record time. ;P
  • It probably wouldn't be hard to get a pilsner glass printed that has a logo on it - for example, this one I whipped up in about ten minutes -
    It's not hard, but it's not terribly cost-effective to get one printed. You usually need to order a case at a time.
  • edited June 2011
    Wow, you are super good at drawing! Or copyright infringement. Or getting permission from an artist in record time. ;P
    Mostly copyright infringement, but they do say everyone is good at something. Artist of the drawing is here, then I just pulled a generic beer label, stripped the placeholder pictures out of it, then shopped in the image and words. A quick and dirty job, for demonstration, not production.
    It's not hard, but it's not terribly cost-effective to get one printed. You usually need to order a case at a time.
    Well, when I was in business for myself, the sort of thing I'd do is get a custom sample printed, and then decline further orders. Buuuut that's nasty and shady. However, I'm sure there would be decent enough services that will print you up a custom glass on the cheap, probably vast amounts of that sort of place in New York.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Wow, you are super good at drawing! Or copyright infringement. Or getting permission from an artist in record time. ;P
    Mostly copyright infringement, but they do say everyone is good at something. Artist of the drawing is here, then I just pulled a generic beer label, stripped the placeholder pictures out of it, then shopped in the image and words. A quick and dirty job.
    Yes, obviously. I was just giving you shit. It looks pretty good, though!
  • Yes, obviously. I was just giving you shit. It looks pretty good, though!
    I know, I was just going with it - Didn't quite get the right tone across, though. Either way It's pretty simple photoshop, most of the time was spent getting the right font, getting the image in the right spot, and getting everything curved about just right.
  • edited June 2011
    It probably wouldn't be hard to get a pilsner glass printed that has a logo on it - for example, this one I whipped up in about ten minutes -
    Can I use this? It's awesome. I'm gonna replace the girl with actually Applejack though.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Friend, who is also a brony said on Twitter: "For the past few days, I've been thinking up ideas for a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic deckbuilding game, a la #dominion #mlpfim"

I respond: "It better have the Flutteryshy Stare on that mofo. As well as the Pinkie Sense, Rarity Manipulation, Sonic Rainboom, and others."

Him: "I'm thinking it won't be a direct Dominion clone. Got some ideas for mechanics, though."

Me: "Well if you need ideas, you know where to find me. ^____~"

Him: "If I can get the basics down, we can attempt testing."

Me: "This is already 20% cooler."
  • I'm really looking forward to the next episode of Radio Free Equestria. I'm not sure what other aspects of the show you could dissect, but I also wouldn't have seen a discussion over the economy of Ponyville coming either. Either way I'm sure it'll be a fun watch.
    Also, anyone else going to that NYC Brony Meetup on the 25th?
  • I'm not sure what other aspects of the show you could dissect, but I also wouldn't have seen a discussion over the economy of Ponyville coming either.
    You should read this entire thread from the beginning. These bronies cover a lot of topics that may blow your mind and may perhaps hear on future episodes.
  • I'm not sure what other aspects of the show you could dissect, but I also wouldn't have seen a discussion over the economy of Ponyville coming either.
    You should read this entire thread from the beginning. These bronies cover a lot of topics that may blow your mind and may perhaps hear on future episodes.
    Oh man, i would so love an episode dissecting the natural balances and bio/weather systems in play and speculating about it.
  • Can I use this? It's awesome. I'm gonna replace the girl with actually Applejack though.
    Shit, I can do one up for you real quick, since I have everything already set out for you. Any particular Applejack picture you want?