This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Audrey Hepburn + My Little Pony = Perfect win in my book.

Also:
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Audrey Hepburn + My Little Pony = Perfect win in my book.
    GOLD
  • One of my favorites. Dude, I heard you like ponies, so I put some cosplay pony in your pony fanart.

Cosplaying as something that is cosplaying is always a win in my book. I have yet to see a triple, though. My favorites were (day of the) tentacles cosplaying as Zelda/Link and also who can forget Safety Barrel Naruto.

• A new Radio Free Equestria.

• Am I the only one who thinks that "Radio Free Equestria" is a rather weird name for a video series?
  • Am I the only one who thinks that "Radio Free Equestria" is a rather weird name for a video series?
    I think it's a play on "Radio Free Europe" or any other number of things that are called "Radio Free."
    I think it's a play on "Radio Free Europe" or any other number of things that are called "Radio Free."
  • Lets not forget "Radio Free Mars".
  • My first thought was "Radio Free Zerg", actually.
  • edited June 2011
    On the RFE discussion about earth ponies not having magic, I remember seeing a Russian Fanart showing a Earth pony who built this arcane device that enabled her to use magic to lift an apple.

It's not canon but still a pretty cool art.
    Post edited by Robyn Chaos on
  • Twilight is feelin kinda Patton.

• On a whim, typed "Friendship is" into google.

Fifth result = "Friendship is magic rule 34".
  • MLP:FIM Physics Presentation
    Ok, you're like weeks late dude.
  • Damn, these ponies are picking up all sorts of steam as far as public awareness goes. No shitting you, there was a 60-second bit about it in the mid-day NBC news on Friday. No, I don't know why television news was on in my house, but I did come in from the other room to watch their patronizing coverage.

We just started discussing MLP on the GeekDad forums the other day, trying to hash out some posts on it. Surprisingly enough, none of the GeekDads actually have kids that watch the show. Had rough plans for two posts, one by our music guy on the PMV craze, and one by my on how the show is a primer for future fantasy genre geekery (even leading into consumption of more Hasbro properties such as D&D?). Right as we settled on that, Underwire posted a really long and well-written MLP post (there's not a lot of coordination between the semi-independent Wired.com blogs) but I think we're go forward with them posts even though Underwire did a hell of a job already.

I've still only watched the first few episodes though! Gonna have to get off my ass and watch more of this before I start putting words on a page.
    The Khaleesi must finish her meal.
  • edited June 2011
    Underwire posted a really long and well-written MLP post
    And of course they pick THIS creepy looking guy as their main picture.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • The guy's got Asperger syndrome, lay off.
  • The guy's got Asperger syndrome, lay off.
    Easy there. I didn't say he was a bad person, just that he looks creepy.
  • Easy there. I didn't say he was a bad person, just that he looks creepy.
    Pro-tip: Any guy standing next to MLP dolls looks creepy.
  • edited June 2011
    Pro-tip: Any guy standing next to MLP dolls looks creepy.
    On the other hand, when a lady does it:

Post edited by Apreche on
  • ^_^ I want a teeny Pinkie Pie!
  • ^_^ I want a teeny Pinkie Pie!
    Wouldn't mind a full size Karen Gillan, myself.
  • edited June 2011
    ^_^ I want a teeny Pinkie Pie!
    I'll take the redhead, in that case.

HORNYNINJER'D
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I dunno about the chick... She's got those crazy eyes...
  • @Andrew - and I thought the Rule 34's of ponies were wrong, this is just madness.
  • @Andrew - and I thought the Rule 34's of ponies were wrong, this is just madness.
    No...