This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's Friaaday!

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Buddy Holly.

Too soon?
    He has non-hits, you've just never heard them, and maybe nobody ever will. One trick a lot of artists do is keep all of their shitty work hidden away. They don't release bad books, bad songs, etc. They exist, you just never ever see them.
    Then, once they are EXTREMELY popular they can release their shitty floor scrapings as "previously unreleased tracks" and rely on the sheer power of their popularity to tear through the Absolute Taste Field of the zeitgeist.

visual aid:

Also, I didn't notice this posted earlier, but Ark Music Factory, who created this video, is an outfit that takes anyone off the street, writes a song using focus groups, autotunes them until they sound acceptable and produces a professional looking music video. They want game YouTube into making internet stars and turning them into the next Justin Bieber. They create the appearance of popular music in the hopes of public opinion falls in line.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • takes anyone off the street,
    Wrong. Rich parents pay them money to make their kids into pop stars.
  • takes anyone off the street,
    Wrong. Rich parents pay them money to make their kids into pop stars.
    the street is a metaphor for people who have low to medium sized talent.
  • edited March 2011
    I cant believe no one has posted this yet....Ya'll a bunch of youngstas.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited March 2011
    *edit* Irgone this post.
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • It sure seems creepy how that guy raps about 13-year old girls.
  • edited March 2011
    What guy rapping about 13 year old girls? You have provided no reference to whom you are speaking about.
  • What guy rapping about 13 year old girls? You have provided no reference to whom you are speaking about.
    The dudes who roll up in the car in the Rebecca Black video that this thread is about.
  • edited March 2011
    Sing talk girl go home. Its been done. Its not that good.

• Sorry Snail I didnt watch the whole video. I could only watch about 15 seconds till and I wanted to rip my eyes out and shove them in my ears.
  • God I hate to sound like an old man. But alot of these new "artists" are fucking talentless asshats.
  • There's a whole GQ article about how Hollywood has spent the last 20 years doing everything they can to remove actual execution from the algebra of success. This is why movies like The Departed and Inception are considered risky and movies like Marmaduke and Wolverine are considered sound investments. Ironically, The Departed 2 and Inception 2 would be sure things.

Spending millions of dollars on something that, at some point, actually has to be good is bad business.
  • edited March 2011
    God I hate to sound like an old man. But alot of these new "artists" are fucking talentless asshats.
    There has always been talentless artists who make stuff. The thing is, before the internet, they would stick to their garage and never hear them unless you were friends and went to their one gig at the local dive bar.

Edit: I am listening to Indian Pop music and for some reason it syncs up perfectly with that GIF of derp girl dancing. That's funny.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited March 2011
    Spending millions of dollars on something that, at some point, actually has to be good is bad risky business.
    FTFY.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • since when does big business not equate risk with badness?
  • Didn't luckily happen to me. I was unable to listen the song till the end and now I don't even remember how the chorus goes.
  • When the guy in the car sang his little rap bit, I was reminded of a question that I have about a lot of the new musics: Why do they feel the need to insert the name of the artist/band into the lyrics? I know who I'm watching. I searched for the name on YouTube.

Maybe it's marketing? So, if you hear a song on the radio (if you still listen to the radio) and don't know the artist, they'll say their name in the lyrics so you can buy their silly song.
  • edited March 2011
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • Sing talk girl go home. Its been done. Its not that good.
    It can work.

You actually have to put some talent behind the it, and make a song that has a point, but I think it sounds good.
  • Yeah, I don't have a problem with Autotune as a thing, any more than I have problems with synthesizers.
    I don't even have a problem with simplistic lyrics. (Lady Gaga!)
    I just dislike songs that I find dumb and lame. It varies, as with any entertainment.
  • Good Autotune
  • edited March 2011
    Good Autotune

Fucking hell, Imogen Heap. So good.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • Last five minutes of FRIIIIIIIIIDAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY PARTAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY in my time zone. Here's some Friday videos.

• edited March 2011

The Imogen Heap thing was good though.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SATURDAY
  • edited March 2011
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • edited March 2011
    Post edited by lackofcheese on