This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's Friaaday!

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Post edited by Churba on
  • [In loving memory of the Lazy Sunday music video.]
  • [In loving memory of the Lazy Sunday music video.]
    Which I'm currently listening to, as at least right now, is working exactly as expected.
  • edited March 2011
    [In loving memory of the Lazy Sunday music video.]
    ?
    you are right, can't seem to find the original one.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • edited March 2011
    How about over here?

EDIT: Man, I haven't watched that in a long time. I forgot how much I loved it. "You could call us Aaron Burr from the way we're droppin' Hamiltons." Brilliant.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • edited March 2011
    How about over here?

EDIT: Man, I haven't watched that in a long time. I forgot how much I loved it. "You could call us Aaron Burr from the way we're droppin' Hamiltons." Brilliant.
    Honestly didn't think of checking there as most stuff from the official networks is blocked for us outsiders.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • Oh wow it's been a long time since I've seen that SNL video. I also forgot that it was pretty awesome.

• Lily Allen's Sunday Morning is always a good listen for moods on Sundays.
  • Death Metal Friday

• Is this a thread about how a bunch of late twenty to thirty year old people complain about what's popular with 13 year olds while they watch My Little Pony: FIM. You guys need to get lawns so you can yell at kids.. Jesus.
  • You guys need to get lawns so you can yell at kids.
    ^^^This is seriously the best part of living in a house rather than an apartment. ^_^
  • edited March 2011
    I really fucking wish the Internet would stop doing this. So the song sucks, right? And everyone knows about it because it sucks? Now it's in the iTunes Top 100. Because it sucks.
    Because this girl made shitty music, she is now going to be famous.
    We're actively rewarding people for sucking.
    This phenomenon is not an effect of the internet. I posit, rather, that it is rooted in the dark bowels of human nature.

Pre-internet evidence, circa 1920something, courtesy of Florence Foster Jenkins:

Also, the Cherry Sisters. And they toured for ten years, and appeared on Broadway, saving the floundering Olympia Music Hall.

These women, living today, would surely have spawned memes of their own...
    Post edited by Johannes Uglyfred II on
  • Also, the Cherry Sisters. And they toured for ten years, and appeared on Broadway, saving the floundering Olympia Music Hall.
    s/Cherry Sisters/Spider-Man: The Musical. Wow.
  • OMG that Florence Foster Jenkins is hilarious!
  • I grew up on that movie, Joe. Seriously. High quality disco-roller-skating-funky times right there.
  • edited March 2011
    Do I win the thread if I post a song that covers all the Days of the Week? (Warning: super depressing song.)
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • edited March 2011
    If Youtube wasn't depriving everyone, this would be "Friday I'm In Love" by The Cure.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited March 2011
    It appears the song was trying to send a message about 13 year olds that had to be pointed out.
    Post edited by Coldguy on