This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mobile Board Games [iOS & Android]

1222324252628»

Comments

• So I've been playing Carcassonne again, but with the Princess and Dragon expansion.

If you feel like playing Carcassonnne with the element of some randomness that leads to dicking over your opponents fairly frequently, then you will enjoy this expansion.

I'm 50/50 against the computer and that's on easy. I keep forgetting to capitalize on moving the Fairy to your tile when you complete anything. That's a bonus 3 points. The dragon can be a mean mofo when played right. I once removed my opponent's meeples that were on a farm, cloister, and castle in one dragon phase. M'whahahaha.

I need to play it a few more times to get a solid strategy going. I'm currently playing it with base. After I get used to that, I'll mix it up with Inns & Cathedrals and Traders & Builders.
  • It's so weird that the developer for Carcassonne used such trash art for the Android app when they could have just used the art that is present in the iOS version.
  • Different developers!! The ppl that make the iOS Carcassone dont even do android development at all it seems.
  • That Republique game looked kinda cool until I watched the Quick Look and saw how much bullshit they shove in that game. Links to other games in the App Store, constant references to buying the season pass. Like there are games that push you to buy stuff but I've never seen a story driven game shove so much shit in your face.
  • A friend of Ro and I helped work on a mobile game called Dragon Coins. You do battle against monsters by having coins fall off a ledge like the games you see at arcades. I heard Scott Rubin is playing (as well as myself and Ro). My DC id is 092942084418.
  • Neocloud said:

A friend of Ro and I helped work on a mobile game called Dragon Coins. You do battle against monsters by having coins fall off a ledge like the games you see at arcades. I heard Scott Rubin is playing (as well as myself and Ro). My DC id is 092942084418.

It's a really garbage game that you play to kill time. It's F2P with Pay2Win, but it makes the mistake of giving you everything you need for free. You never even want to spend money.

It's just really fucking satisfying to dump a bunch of coins into the coin shelf. I was never stupid enough to put a ton of coins into those machines, even as a kid. At most I would put in one coin just to see what happened. It's such a relief to dump a motherfuck ton of cash in there to see it overflow.
  • I just bought Carcassone on Android.
  • I am being teased.

Or at least I think I am. I want to say/hope this tweet is referring to the iOS version. I want it now. I want to duel you suckas.
  • I wouldn't be so sure. 7 Wonders: Duel is a physical game, slated for Essen 2015 release. It could be worked into the app as well, but I wouldn't guarantee that's what he's referring to.
  • :(

Last I recall there was a flyer than said coming soon to iOS in the Babel Expansion. Repos needs to hurry the fuck up, just as long as they don't fuck it up like what happened with Dominion.
  • edited July 2015
    It's coming.... I want to play you fools so badly.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited July 2015
    If you can't play the military card in your hand sell it for coins. Nephew always goes for the military strategy. He won once playing that way. But only once.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • Blue card blitz is best strat.
  • Best strat:

Look at the resources you can make and the opponents to your left and right. See what your opponents are going for. Run your strategy based off your Leaders you have, your wonder, and what your opponents are doing.
  • T&E and some other games for iOS are $1 right now.
  • Xenoshyft Onslaught, a really good and really hard solo/co-operative deckbuilder, is only $1.99 for ios and Android.