This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mobile Board Games [iOS & Android]

Comments

• Jesus... O_o

So when is the carcassone swiss starting?
  • Does Carcassonne have asynchronous play? I'd like to do some T&E online, but it's not asynch + it has no turn time limits apparently, so it's jsut kind of frustrating.
  • edited February 2012
    Carcassonne Swiss starts if Matt makes a pairings doc in google docs. I made a round robin table and we can start immediately. Everyone plays everyone, win 3 points, tie 1 and loss 0.

If anyone wants in just add a row column with your name in it. Lets say February is tourney month, i.e., at the end of this month the largest subset of players that have all played against eachothers will be tallied and ranked.
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • edited February 2012
    Yeah I misspoke a bit when I said Swiss. That'd be overkill for this. All we need is a simple round robin such as what Timo has already set up. I agree with his schedule as well. Start with the five of us. If anyone wants to enter the tourney and play versus every other participant by the end of feb, they are welcome to do so.

Let the games begin!

Also, in case I didn't specify before: no expansions
    Post edited by Matt on
  • I've added myself to the tourney spreadsheet. What are the black bars and light green bars supposed to be for?
  • There's a spreadsheet? Please sign me up since G Docs is blocked at work.
  • Oukie dokie.

One last quick rule: Right at the start of each game, inform the opponent that this is intended to be a tournament game. Shouldn't be neccessary since no-one here is a dick, but just so no one is unclear.
  • I've added myself to the tourney spreadsheet. What are the black bars and light green bars supposed to be for?
    Black == you don't play with your self (well you can but not carcassonne).
    Green == game in progress, this is useful so people don't invite you to play when you already have 4 games running.
    Red == game stalled.

If you're itching to start the contestants so far are: Matt, VentJ, InvRen, ProcBlue, HighDef, JoshBytes and you.

I already started games against Matt and VentJ.

If you're itching to start the contestants so far are: Matt, VentJ, InvRen, ProcBlue, HighDef, JoshBytes and you.

I already started games against Matt and VentJ.

I can't seem to get access to more than one game at a time
  • edited February 2012
    Awesome, I'll fire up my games soon.

Edit: Any chance we can get our exact Game Centre names added to the Google doc?

Post edited by InvaderREN on
  • Started a column below for people to list FRC forum and gamecenter names in a row.

I'm gonna make this round robin interesting and give away a copy of Carcassonne: The Castle to the winner.
  • edited February 2012
    Ticket to Ride Pocket 1.1 for iPhone and iPod touch now supports asynchronous play support. :)

http://blog.daysofwonder.com/2012/02/02/ticket-to-ride-pocket-1-1-now-with-multi-mode/
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • Ticket to Ride Pocket 1.1 for iPhone and iPod touch now supports asynchronous play support. :)

http://blog.daysofwonder.com/2012/02/02/ticket-to-ride-pocket-1-1-now-with-multi-mode/
    I just bought it without thinking...I've never even played ticket to ride but I hear it's awesome
  • Ticket to Ride Pocket 1.1 for iPhone and iPod touch now supports asynchronous play support. :)

That'll be march's tournament game then.

Thanks to Matt for offering up a prize.

• Hey, March should be Hero Academy! :)

But I do love ticket to ride. Own the original.

Lol.. And the "patch".

They patched a board game!! So funny.
  • Thanks to Matt for offering up a prize.
    It's sitting in a large pile of games I don't have room for anymore, but I can't seem to get anyone to trade for it on BGG. It's not a bad game, just needs a good home. Dangerously close to getting put on the charity truck, so why not send it to one of you fine folk.

• They patched a board game!! So funny.
    I've done that... my Risk board was falling in two, so I duct-taped the shit out of it.
  • First blood!
  • edited February 2012
    This tournament is bad for my productivity with that thing that provides me the monies.

Edit:

@Timo, clever girl.

Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I have to try :-). It's looking really bad for me in my game against Matt.
  • Timo if you sent me an invite for a round of Carcassonne the invite has disappeared. Either that or I just imagined you sent a invite.
  • Timo if you sent me an invite for a round of Carcassonne the invite has disappeared. Either that or I just imagined you sent a invite.
    Resent. I'm ProcessBlue.

• I hate that the carcasonne app doesnt leave the pieces on the board after it scores, I have no idea how it scores sometimes.
  • edited February 2012
    Matt's good. He's destroying me, though I did win one game by hair. Snuck a last-minute Farmer to steal all of the cities in the game. Literally placed the last farmer in my second-to-last turn.

Post edited by VentureJ on
  • And Ro puts up a good fight but unfortunately two of my Meeple have residence in "Abortion Castle", an unfinished mess and I just "scrape" in for the win. Yes. I said scrape. O_o
  • Oh mans, Ro squeezed a good victory out of our game. I thought I had the game in the bag by a margin of a couple of points but somewhere she had sneakily used the cloister-with-road to combine the two major fields without me noticing.
  • I think I've locked up wins vs. VentureJ and Timo, but just a few turns in vs Ren and it's a complete shitshow. I couldn't resist the allure of bad early tiles and put some now-stranded meeples on them.
  • edited February 2012
    You locked me up pretty well, but still only managed a 2 point lead in the end ;-).

Against InvRen it came down to the last two pieces, if they had gone the other way I would have won...

Man these games are intense!
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • Yeah Timo we both played a tight game. It was completely up to the last 2 pieces. One of which wins the game for both of us. My game vs Matt is going to be scrappy! One castle each sabotaged and looks like its going to continue that way :)