This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mobile Board Games [iOS & Android]

Comments

• Ren got incredibly good draws against me. Twice in the game, I had potentially high paying positions, but she drew the exact one tile that would ruin the formation. Great game, though! Came down to one tile in the end!
  • Ren got incredibly good draws against me. Twice in the game, I had potentially high paying positions, but she he drew the exact one tile that would ruin the formation. Great game, though! Came down to one tile in the end!
    FTFY :)

• Whaaat. I thought you were a he before, but I could have sworn that someone referred to you as a she, so I changed my perception. I'm so sorry!
  • Lol, with a name like "René" I get it a lot... :)

• edited February 2012
    Won my first game against you guys. Good game HighDef. :)

Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • Look like first place is a race between InvaderREN and Matt!

The rest of the games need to finish for the complete standings (and bragging rights), but I'd say the tourney was a great success in how it made the games much more intense.

I have one question though; Ro vs Matt: 8 - 102. Seriously? What happened Ro?
  • That must be a typo. I believe it was 82 not 8. Was a very close game until I pulled away w/ around 15 tiles left.
  • @VentureJ @Matt should I cancel are T&E game? It's been over a week since anybody has made a move. And would you all like to start a new match? Or would anybody else be interested in playing a T&E match?
  • Ticket To Ride Pocket is free today just fyi people!!
  • Ticket To Ride Pocket is free today just fyi people!!
    but I already spent my monies =(
  • @VentureJ @Matt should I cancel are T&E game? It's been over a week since anybody has made a move. And would you all like to start a new match? Or would anybody else be interested in playing a T&E match?
    It's J's turn, correct? Maybe he just didn't realize b/c the notifcations can be a bit buggy? The game was just starting to get exciting. I'm definitely up for another match with anyone.

• Yeah it's VentureJ's turn. I'm not sure if he know it's his turn or not. I will give it till Friday and cancel the match if he doesn't respond or decided to bow out of the match. Either way we can star a new T&E match on Friday as well. Newcomers are more than welcome.
  • Oh geez. Sorry, guys. I hadn't seen the notification at all, so I thought someone else was stalled. I'll get on that immediately, and I'll keep a better eye on it.
  • Who's turn it is in the Carcassonne multi? Ro?

Been a day without a move :(
  • Is it? I haven't seen anything?! Oh now it updates on my iPad. So weird. Sorry.
  • I bought Inns and Cathedrals for Carcassonne tonight. I really like the all or nothing mechanic for the roads and castles. I wish there was an option to turn off the the double meeple mechanic. If I could do that I think it would make for a more cut-throat match.
  • Ren is crazy good at Hero Academy! He's always finding the most bothersome moves that hinder any plan I attempt to make!

I always have good games with that guy.
  • Ren is crazy good at Hero Academy! He's always finding the most bothersome moves that hinder any plan I attempt to make!

I always have good games with that guy.
    If we have a tourney in March, I'll put up a prize :)

• Be sure to suicide rush Ren's wraith when ever he brings that bad boy out. ;)
  • Almost bought Carcassonne on Android before I realized it was local multiplayer only. Any recommendations for an Android user?
  • There aren't many good ones. Not even anything I can name off the top of my head. Tons coming though. The biggest companies (Codito/Sage, Big Daddy Productions) are all promising tons of Android releases soon.
  • Almost bought Carcassonne on Android before I realized it was local multiplayer only. Any recommendations for an Android user?
    You can Jailbreak your phone to back up files and then use the refund feature to get it for free
  • Lost to Ro. I tried to make difficult for her to complete her big castle but she still managed to finish it.
  • Hidef took me down, 98-87. There are still three matchups to finish, but we can say now that Ren has locked this one up with a 6-1 record. Congrats!
  • I just got hosed so badly and missed out on a 70+ point castle. You bastards!
  • Managed to scrape a win by 1 point against VentureJ. :)
  • edited February 2012
    I just got hosed so badly and missed out on a 70+ point castle. You bastards!
    That was an insane game!!! Here is how you do it without any fields at all boys and girls (I also had all my meeples back when the last tile was placed).

As already mentioned Vent, Ren and me managed to build a 72 point city and keep Ro out as well as keep her from ruining it (thanks Ren, sorry for the misunderstanding ;-) ). I won by a) geting into one of Ro's cities and b) helping VentureJ capture the main field thus preventing Ren from getting those points and beating me.

There was an interesting bit right at the end where Ren could have messed up Vent's chances at the field but didn't see it.

Moral props to Ro for the assist :-).

EDIT: Ro's city was 24 points and if Ro had left it unfinished would have been only 11 points for me --> tie with Ren!

Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • edited February 2012
    I agree with Scott that the River is not a very good expansion but I would like to have one big game with it. Who would be interested / has the expansion?

Also
    Hidef took me down, 98-87. There are still three matchups to finish, but we can say now that Ren has locked this one up with a 6-1 record. Congrats!
    Congrats!
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • edited February 2012
    Such a good game. I made a real noob error. I thought that when a road "kinked" into a city that it BLOCKED the field access. But it doesn't! When I drew that straight piece, I thought that Venture was not connected to the field!

The kink is a lie!

Cathedrals and Inns is the best. :)

Edit: I'll try river.
    Post edited by InvaderREN on
  • edited February 2012
    I'll try river, too.
    Managed to scrape a win by 1 point against VentureJ. :)
    That was crazy! 92 - 91!
    Post edited by VentureJ on