This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mobile Board Games [iOS & Android]

Comments

• River sucks.
  • edited February 2012
    River sucks.
    In finland we have a saying: "Try anything at least once, except square dancing or your own sister."

Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • Hive is currently free on iOS right now. Always wanted to try it. Thought about buying it, but never did.
  • Hive is currently free on iOS right now. Always wanted to try it. Thought about buying it, but never did.
    Hive's pretty jive.
    Hive's pretty jive.
    Largely solved though. Without tournament rules, it's always a draw. With tournament rules, whoever goes first loses (in my experience). The mosquito and/or ladybug may change that, however.

• edited February 2012
    Rosenkönig aka War of the Roses is 1.99 today, I'm liking it a lot. Theres literaly only three possible actions per turn, but I like the amount of foresight you need to be really effective, and how dramatically and suddenly the scores can get turn around with one or two smart moves.
    Post edited by johndis on
  • Shouldn't have taken that last ticket. The hubris!
  • That was a great game. Congrats HighDef :)
  • WTF, guys! I want in on that TtR action!
  • edited February 2012
    Rematch with a 5th?

I spent that whole match biting my nails because I kept thinking I was making huge mistakes. I'm hooked on these async matches though, they scratch that mid day I want to play a board game itch.
    Post edited by highdefinition on
  • That game was great! Count me in again!!
  • Rematch with a 5th?
    Sounds good to me! I'll get it set up.
  • Caylus and Neuroshima Hex are both on sale today. I should have never gotten this appshopper app... its some steam shit all over again.
  • edited February 2012
    Got my butt kicked in T&E. That was also one of the longest online matches I've played. Congrats to Vent who barely beat out Matt by 1 point. :)
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • Congrats Vent. Good game. I'm in love with T&E at the moment, just wish the notifications worked a bit better so games would move faster. More often than not, I had a turn waiting, but I only checked once per day.

BTW, I've been sort of a forum ghost due to a lot of business, but I had thrown up a prize for the Carcassonne tournament, which Ren one. There's no whisper here anymore, so Ren, you can just email me: matthew.d.morgan@gmail.com and we can work out the details.
  • Alas, my reign of terror hath ended, nice tight game between Josh and VentureJ (or was it REN?) in the end. I blame Ro for being greedy (we would have definitely been able to close that city), better yet I blame the river expansion.

Good game. River expansion not so good.
  • Damn roads :P
  • edited February 2012
    That river game was a big clusterfuck. It was hard to keep track of what was going on! I barely won because I quickly placed a farmer at the last minute, which stole most of the farms in the game.

Matt. I'd happily play T&E with you, 1 vs 1. It probably goes by faster if there are less people.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • Hey Vent just wanted to give you a friendly reminder that it's your turn on Ticket to ride match. :)
    Just noticed the nice inversion of the ELO ratings. This one data point clearly shows that the River expansion does not render skill irrelevant but in fact makes it a liability.

• Hey Vent just wanted to give you a friendly reminder that it's your turn on Ticket to ride match. :)
    Sorry about that. I have my games at the front of my home screen and I had not seen a notification for the game in a while.
    Sorry about that. I have my games at the front of my home screen and I had not seen a notification for the game in a while.
    VentureJ, why you play your ticket to ride moves, but not Carcassonne :P

• So, I used a couple gift cards and got Ticket to Ride, T&E, and Carcassonne. Sadly, my iPod is too old to have iOS5, so that leaves only Carcassonne to play online with. Better than nothing I suppose. Just like here, I'm "theknoxinator" on GameCenter.
  • So, I used a couple gift cards and got Ticket to Ride, T&E, and Carcassonne. Sadly, my iPod is too old to have iOS5, so that leaves only Carcassonne to play online with. Better than nothing I suppose. Just like here, I'm "theknoxinator" on GameCenter.
    Damn right it's better than nothing :)

Next game we start, your in.

Damn right it's better than nothing :)

Next game we start, your in.

Thanks.
  • If you've been playing Ticket to Ride: Pocket, I highly recommend you drop a buck on today's addition of the 1910 expansion. Mega mode is the only way to go on the USA map, where all strategies are not balanced in the original game. Mega mode adds more routes to the deck, gives you a larger hand of routes, gives a hefty 15 point reward for the player who completes the most routes.
  • If you've been playing Ticket to Ride: Pocket, I highly recommend you drop a buck on today's addition of the 1910 expansion. Mega mode is the only way to go on the USA map, where all strategies are not balanced in the original game. Mega mode adds more routes to the deck, gives you a larger hand of routes, gives a hefty 15 point reward for the player who completes the most routes.
    Oh, that definitely fixes the major problem with the game. The way I always win is I have a big route, and I incorporate all my small routes into the big route. Then once I finish it, I draw more routes and get lucky that some of them are finished or near-finished. By making everyone draw more routes from the get go, and having more diverse routes, my way of winning is much less powerful.
  • edited February 2012
    If you've been playing Ticket to Ride: Pocket, I highly recommend you drop a buck on today's addition of the 1910 expansion. Mega mode is the only way to go on the USA map, where all strategies are not balanced in the original game. Mega mode adds more routes to the deck, gives you a larger hand of routes, gives a hefty 15 point reward for the player who completes the most routes.
    Oh, that definitely fixes the major problem with the game. The way I always win is I have a big route, and I incorporate all my small routes into the big route. Then once I finish it, I draw more routes and get lucky that some of them are finished or near-finished. By making everyone draw more routes from the get go, and having more diverse routes, my way of winning is much less powerful.
    Yep, it was a glaring fault in the original. In fact, you could often win just by making 6 length trains and ignoring the missions all together. They are that good.

I'll pick this up.

Question: In 1910 can you use both longest track AND most tickets bonus cards? Because you should right? Like Catan, reward both armies and longest road.

Post edited by InvaderREN on
  • edited February 2012
    Yeah that's how it works (at least in Mega). Both bonuses are in play. 1910 actually comes with 3 modes: Mega, Classic, and Big Cities. Classic is just the ticket bonus and uses only the new routes, without the ones from original TtR. Big Cities is a mode where every route is guaranteed to have either Chicago, Dallas, Houston, LA, Miami, NYC, or Seattle as one of its two destinations.
    Post edited by Matt on