This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Be Angry and Complain and Stuff!

Comments

• FUCK YOU RANGERS! FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU!
  • I've had enough with my mother's obsession with my education. She's now looking at grad courses, without even considering that I don't want to keep on studying. I just want to work and earn enough money to get out of here, but she says that my choice is "wanting to be mediocre."

Well, then I DO want to be mediocre!

She doesn't understand that it doesn't matter how many degrees I get, if I don't have work experience, my chances of being employed later are nil. And she didn't take any grad courses either, so she's being hypocritical. I don't want to study, much less if it's music-related (I regret studying it). So I'll look for a job in January, no matter in what. I need enough money to get out of here. I don't care being rich or poor. I just want to be out of here and keep her out of my fucking life. I hate being controlled and manipulated by her!
  • That, sir or ma'am, is a propper, well executed rant.
  • edited December 2011
    OMFG Adobe. As if I shouldn't have expected it already.

Because Luke suggested it, I checked out the demo of Adobe Lightroom. It's actually really good and useful?! WTF! Ok, so maybe I'll actually get Creative Suite finally. Oh shit, this isn't included in Creative Suite? Not any of them, even Master Edition? It is 30% off if you buy it at the same time as Creative Suite, but still. This is still ridonculous. It's still $300. 30% off just means it's $210. Add the $210 to the cost of Creative Suite. Yeah...

CS6 is supposed to be April or some shit. I think I'm gonna get it then and keep it forever.

EDIT: Hmm. Seems like Lightroom is on a separate release schedule from CS. The newest verison is actually very new and you can get it on Amazon or Newegg for $189.

Still.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Audition was separate until CS5.5. I paid hundreds for that shit IN ADDITION to the suite I have.
  • Audition was separate until CS5.5. I paid hundreds for that shit IN ADDITION to the suite I have.
    Then I'm definitely waiting. Piracy in a VM HO!
    Have you tried Audition 5.5? I tried it a little while ago, but I really didn't like it, so I was wondering what your take on it was.
  • Whoa! Eating a lot of fish might help!
    Maybe that's why I don't get sad in the winter. Fish!
    Yup. I'm convinced that fish is the only reason everyone in Scandinavia didn't kill themselves many years ago.
    I don't eat that much fish. Should I be really sad and stuff now?

Yes, because fish is delicious and you should feel bad for not eating it.

Mercury. Or is that a concern only in the US?
  • Whoa! Eating a lot of fish might help!
    Maybe that's why I don't get sad in the winter. Fish!
    Yup. I'm convinced that fish is the only reason everyone in Scandinavia didn't kill themselves many years ago.
    I don't eat that much fish. Should I be really sad and stuff now?

Yes, because fish is delicious and you should feel bad for not eating it.

Mercury. Or is that a concern only in the US?
    Why do you think people who eat a lot of fish are so much happier?
  • OMFG Adobe. As if I shouldn't have expected it already.

Because Luke suggested it, I checked out the demo of Adobe Lightroom. It's actually really good and useful?! WTF! Ok, so maybe I'll actually get Creative Suite finally. Oh shit, this isn't included in Creative Suite?
    Yeah, it's developed by an independent team at Adobe. I recommend it, but the investment in your photography is at the same level as buying a new camera or lens at 300 dollars. I mention Aperture too because Apple dropped the price of that to something like 80 dollars, but that is only good if your main machine is a Mac.

Because Aperture is now so cheap, and the different direction Apple is going now compared to Adobe, I now predict Lightroom 4 and on will be more fully featured and always more expensive than Aperture, and begin competing for slightly different markets.
  • Well it seems like the only alternatives right now are free things like Picasa, which don't quite cut it. I think there's definitely room for someone to enter the market with something equivalent to Arpeture for Windows.
  • The point is that Aperture was the equivalent to Lightroom, but Mac exclusive, and for years it was aiming to be the same feature set for the same price. They only cut the price so much to reflect the general pricing in the Mac App Store, but as it is now a loss leader rather than a profitable app in its own right, it's probably not going to keep up with Lightroom.

So who is going to make something similar to Aperture for Windows, at the price of Aperture for the Mac? It doesn't make sense. That program already exists, and is called Lightroom, and all we have to do is wait for Adobe to drop the price. But will they? On the Mac, maybe, to compete with Aperture. But why should they drop the price for the Windows version, when there is no competition?

Photo programs like this are very hard to make. There is so much stuff in there so specialized that the only people capable, at the moment, are the engineers who work for Adobe and Apple. And, to be clear, the team that started the Aperture project at Apple weren't capable of shipping a professional level product, and they had to hire outside help (read: ex-Adobe engineers and project managers) to get it right.
  • Fucking mouse moved in and fucking pooped all over the drainboard in my fucking kitchen. I'm gonna poison the shit out of that bitch.
  • Aww, you should get a little live trap. I can bring one from my parents! It might be cute! I liked catching mice, because we would get them all the time in the old farm house where I grew up, and they were sometimes little brown and white deer mice who liked the peanut butter.
    Also, poison sometimes makes them die inside the walls and smell. If you must kill the little pest use a snap trap (no glue.)
  • edited December 2011
    Fucking mouse moved in and fucking pooped all over the drainboard in my fucking kitchen. I'm gonna poison the shit out of that bitch.
    If you're set to kill the mouse, might I recommend the following:

Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Aww, you should get a little live trap. I can bring one from my parents! It might be cute! I liked catching mice, because we would get them all the time in the old farm house where I grew up, and they were sometimes little brown and white deer mice who liked the peanut butter.
    Also, poison sometimes makes them die inside the walls and smell. If you must kill the little pest use a snap trap (no glue.)
    We are not keeping a mouse. We are not releasing a mouse because it will just find its way back in. This might be callous of me, but I really don't care if it dies in the wall and starts to smell because we're moving out in May and my Landlady turned into a crazy asshole.

• Scott, Denmark (where I'll go when I flee the US) and likely southern Sweden by extension are generally warmer/more comfortable than say Albany. Also if you've lived in the north (east) for most of your life I cant imagine you being able to stand the heat of a tropical summer any better than the cold of Scandinavia.
    I have been to the tropics many times in sweltering heat. You'll get no complaint from me of it being too hot. Heat wave = party time as long as there isn't also a drought. That's another problem. I need to live somewhere with very low chance of natural disasters. No earthquakes, no hurricanes, no tornados, no floods, no nothing.
    Austria?
  • If you're set to kill the mouse, might I recommend the following:
    They tried using those at the building my job used prior to moving to the new building. It was not that effective there but it was also a call center so probably not an environment where it was quite as tested. I was not upset though, it always amused me to here people scream when a mouse was seen running on the floor near them.
  • If you're gonna lure it, though, use something sweet.
  • Use the old style traps with peanut butter and sunflower seeds. If the trap is sprung but the seeds are all gone you still have more mice.

Don't be surprised if the other mice tear open the dead mouse to get the food he just ate.
  • edited December 2011
    We are not keeping a mouse. We are not releasing a mouse because it will just find its way back in. This might be callous of me, but I really don't care if it dies in the wall and starts to smell because we're moving out in May and my Landlady turned into a crazy asshole.
    Okay. I wasn't suggesting you keep it, just look at it and then go take it to the woods.
    Use the old style traps with peanut butter and sunflower seeds. If the trap is sprung but the seeds are all gone you still have more mice.

Don't be surprised if the other mice tear open the dead mouse to get the food he just ate.
    I never had that happen. Oook.
    Although, randomly, did you hear about that jailbreak rat study where they would help their friends and share chocolate? I always knew rats had a good side!
    Helper Rat
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • We have a couple of bugs that sometimes show up in our house, despite putting down roach traps. I'm pretty sure we also have mice. However, this has yet to bother me. They don't get into our fridge and haven't been much of a pest yet. Plus the bugs give the dog something to chase.
  • I really don't want rats or mice in the house. They do carry diseases, and chew stuff, and ruin food in the cupboard. However, when I had them, I didn't fret about it too much. It was like "whoops, I heard somebody up there. Time to get the trap out!"

So one time we had a really big something in the walls. We thought it was maybe a chipmunk? So we bought the bigger live trap, and waited. It turns out it was an endangered species of North American woodrat, which is one of the only indigenous rats the area. It was really cute! It had big eyes and a furry tail!
  • I was surprised when I found the mice in the traps with their guts ripped open too.
  • edited December 2011
    Are you sure that it didn't get caught on the trap or something? I mean, mice do sometimes display cannibalistic behaviors, so I would not be completely shocked.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Nope. Hole was chewed straight into belly and all seeds and such removed.
  • The next time I meet someone who says that "fluoride in the tap water is dangerous because we will get over dosed and die" or something close, I'm going to fuck'n punch them in their god-damn stupid face! (>.<)J ^|____|
  • Here's a rage inducing thing. ENJOY.

• That's just so... Over the top and generic, I can't even get MAD mad at it. It's just a thing that exists. It's no Rick Santorum saying that 7 million Californians had their rights taken away because gay people can get married now.

• Rick Santorum is one of the biggest douchebags in politics, help us if the republicans actually nominate him...