This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Be Angry and Complain and Stuff!

Comments

• Scott, Denmark (where I'll go when I flee the US) and likely southern Sweden by extension are generally warmer/more comfortable than say Albany. Also if you've lived in the north (east) for most of your life I cant imagine you being able to stand the heat of a tropical summer any better than the cold of Scandinavia.
  • Also if you've lived in the north (east) for most of your life I cant imagine you being able to stand the heat of a tropical summer any better than the cold of Scandinavia.
    Shoot, hadn't thought of that. I can deal with cold, but heat can get to me. How hot does it get over there?
  • Scott, Denmark (where I'll go when I flee the US) and likely southern Sweden by extension are generally warmer/more comfortable than say Albany. Also if you've lived in the north (east) for most of your life I cant imagine you being able to stand the heat of a tropical summer any better than the cold of Scandinavia.
    I have been to the tropics many times in sweltering heat. You'll get no complaint from me of it being too hot. Heat wave = party time as long as there isn't also a drought. That's another problem. I need to live somewhere with very low chance of natural disasters. No earthquakes, no hurricanes, no tornados, no floods, no nothing.

• If we bought Sealand could we dredge up the fiber optic cable that connects the US and Europe, and either hold it hostage or just use it as our main internet backbone?
    I have been to the tropics many times in sweltering heat. You'll get no complaint from me of it being too hot. Heat wave = party time as long as there isn't also a drought. That's another problem. I need to live somewhere with very low chance of natural disasters. No earthquakes, no hurricanes, no tornados, no floods, no nothing.

The moon?

The moon?
    I would guess that if northern Europe is too cold so might bee the moon.

• Can you see the aurora borealis up in those cold places? Might make the cold more tolerable.
  • Can you see the aurora borealis up in those cold places? Might make the cold more tolerable.
    Nope. You have to go way up to see 'em.

• Also if you've lived in the north (east) for most of your life I cant imagine you being able to stand the heat of a tropical summer any better than the cold of Scandinavia.
    Shoot, hadn't thought of that. I can deal with cold, but heat can get to me. How hot does it get over there?
    Denmark has very mild summers, as in 70s (F) is a warm day for them. It takes a pretty big effect from being islands so temperatures rarely get too extreme.

Denmark has very mild summers, as in 70s (F) is a warm day for them. It takes a pretty big effect from being islands so temperatures rarely get too extreme.

Yeah, I need it to be like, 90.

Shouldn't be a problem. I say we settle there.
    Yeah, I need it to be like, 90.
    Gah. 30+ whole summer, not to speak whole year would probably kill me.

• Whoa! Eating a lot of fish might help!
    Maybe that's why I don't get sad in the winter. Fish!
    Yup. I'm convinced that fish is the only reason everyone in Scandinavia didn't kill themselves many years ago.
  • >.> Don't live in Texas. We broke pretty much every record in every city for number of contiguous 100+ days this summer. The fire ban from the drought lifted on thanksgiving, we're still are in drought conditions though.
    Yup. I'm convinced that fish is the only reason everyone in Scandinavia didn't kill themselves many years ago.
    I don't eat that much fish. Should I be really sad and stuff now?

• edited December 2011
    Whoa! Eating a lot of fish might help!

Yes, because fish is delicious and you should feel bad for not eating it.

Post edited by TheWhaleShark on

Fish pudding! You should make some for Christmas dinner. Mum is making corn pudding.

Fish pudding! You should make some for Christmas dinner. Mum is making corn pudding.

I can do that.

• I want to punch whoever thought analogies were a great way to teach science. Yes, I'm talking about the evil of cell city...
  • Let's buy Sealand.
    No, it catches on Fire and gets damp.

• edited December 2011
    Can you see the aurora borealis up in those cold places? Might make the cold more tolerable.
    You can see the aurora in Northern Michigan from time to time, so I would think you could up in Scandinavia. It's probably not Alaska levels, though.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • According to Dr. Teeth, you can see the aurora borealis shining down on Dallas.
  • I'm staying out of this argument, because I don't want to be missing a good argument when I'm laying on the beach before Christmas dinner, with a whole pig roasting over an open fire and a nice, tall dark mojito in hand, running prohibition era jazz over the sound system.

Later that afternoon/evening, I might go and watch a movie I've torrented while I'm in the shower washing the salt off, since where I'll be - about an hour away from where I am right now - already has the fiber to the premises, so I get a nice little preview of the National broadband Network, which should put us up beyond American internet speeds.

What can I say? Life is good down here in the tropics with our shitty internet.
  • edited December 2011
    For the second time in the past month, I am going to have to lend my car to my brother. I've barely had a chance to drive the thing in that time, and yet I am expected to just let him use and trash my car while my father sits in his chair and procrastinates fixing his truck. I'm getting tired of my family. If its not making fun of my taste in hobbies, or telling me that no one would willingly hire me if I didn't act more normal, or that I need to do more with my life, they are taking things they don't own and lending them to people. I understand my brother has a job, and that he needs transportation, but the college semester is over, and he could be given a lift to and from work. The car is in my name, and if for any reason I complain that my access to MY CAR is being obstructed, they call me a bad brother. I am stuck for the duration, in a situation that is far less from ideal. I am stuck with them.

Sorry for the rant. I just am at my wits end, and don't know what to do. I'm still looking for work, and it's kind of hard to do without a car. I am tired of everyone and everything (My family, I mean). And there is nowhere for me to go. :'(
    Post edited by Diagoras on
  • Stupid but important rant from me:

There's a small festive meeting in the building I live in and they're looking for a CD player for the carols.

Why do I rant?

Because I am a musician (musicologist, but still a musician) and have been in charge of playing for them ever since I moved in. I shall NOT be replaced by a machine tonight!
  • One sentence is not a rant. That is a complaint. A rant is at least two paragraphs.
  • Wasn't in the mood to talk that much. Either way, me and my guitar prevailed in the end. I shall NOT be replaced by a crummy machine.
  • You should put your guitar singing stylings on You Tube. I wanna see!
  • I might. But I just really want to go to Otakon again someday with my trusty guitar and sing for you personally :3