This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Boom sticks, firearms, guns, and/or weapons discussions

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Youtube user hickok45 makes some FANTASTIC firearm videos and reviews. His collection is astounding and he has build a very nice range that looks like it would be a blast to shoot at.

PPS is so sexy.

Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited July 2011
    Youtube user hickok45 makes some FANTASTIC firearm videos and reviews. His collection is astounding and he has build a very nice range that looks like it would be a blast to shoot at.
    He made a damned fine video about my favorite pistol of all time, the Browning Hi-Power, the 1911's younger, better brother.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited July 2011
    Last weekend I was looking at a Springfield XD compact for carry purposes, or a single stack walther 9mm, but I'm no gun nut and I feel uncomfortable dropping $450 on something I don't know enough about and hope to never use. I have a Mossberg 500 with a slug barrel that I use for hunting and some .22 rifles that I haven't touched in years, all stored at my father's house in his safe. That's about it. I'd like to have more but guns really don't hold my interest as collectibles or devices, and the cost is too prohibitive. :-/
    That's the main reason I don't have a firearm right now. They've just gotten way too expensive. There are just too many other ways I could spend that $450.00.

Also, my wife won't let me have one. :(
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • You don't need to ship a rifle or shotgun through an FFL when you are shipping it to the manufacturer or a gunsmith (if you already own it). They can be shipped in the mail.

Handguns can not be shipped through the regular mail.

Kel-tec's 2000 doesn't have a great reputation. I am looking forward to handling the shotgun and the RFB.
  • Damn it Churba, you've made me want a 9mm pistol again.
  • Damn it Churba, you've made me want a 9mm pistol again.
    If you're looking at the hi-power, this is pretty much to your benefit.
  • edited August 2011

I like everything except the idea of an open tube for counting rounds. (3:24) It's never been a good idea to give dirty easy access to your gun.
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • I like everything except the idea of an open tube for counting rounds. It's never been a good idea to give dirty easy access to your gun.
    Agreed. Though, I am pretty enthusiastic about this gun now that they've fixed the main problems I had with it.
  • edited August 2011
    I have a man crush on Chris Costa
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Yup. My only problem now is finding the right fore grip. I like this one so far.

I haven't given too much thought about a sight or sling.
  • edited August 2011
    I have a man crush on Chris Costa
    -Dude goes to the floor
    -Starts shooting around and between his mate's legs
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Starts shooting around and between his mate's legs
    Didn't you know that is such a cool thing to do...
    I got to fire a L96A1 a couple of times which was really good fun. Other than that shotguns when out shooting or a 22.
  • -Starts shooting around and between his mate's legs
    I thought those were the legs of his dummy target.
  • I thought those were the legs of his dummy target.
    Very rarely do dummy targets wear pants.
  • Very rarely do dummy targets wear pants.
    But they look fabulous when they do.
  • edited August 2011
    But they look fabulous when they do.
    Don't I know it. Have you forgotten where I'm from?
    (As a side note, that flag was OBVIOUSLY designed by someone who has NO FUCKING IDEA what our original flag looks like, and just kinda guessed.)
    Post edited by Churba on
  • But they look fabulous when they do.
    Don't I know it. Have you forgotten where I'm from?
    (As a side note, that flag was OBVIOUSLY designed by someone who has NO FUCKING IDEA what our original flag looks like, and just kinda guessed.)
    So why isn't that your official flag yet?
  • -Dude goes to the floor
    -Starts shooting around and between his mate's legs
    It is 100% a dummy.
  • If you're looking at the hi-power, this is pretty much to your benefit.
    I'm actually thinking Glock 17.
  • edited August 2011
    It is 100% a dummy.
    Hm. I suppose that it's not unlikely that it's a shop dummy or something, since OHSA would go absolutely mental if you were shooting between a co-worker's legs. Dummy or not, Point still stands, What the fuck, dude. Don't fuckin' do that, it's stupid.
    I'm actually thinking Glock 17.
    But I thought you liked having both your hands?

Nah, that's a good choice, actually. They're not my thing - I find them a little uncomfortable - but they're not a bad little gun, easy to shoot.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Don't I know it. Have you forgotten where I'm from?
    See I now have the image of Mad Max meets David Bowe with that flag streaming over the top of them.

I dread to think what they would to the Union Jack.
  • But I thought you liked having both your hands?
    That particular "problem" doesn't effect the 9mm Glocks because 9mm is a tapered case and is thus fully supported by the chamber.

Really, I just want a gun that's rugged and absolutely reliable. The Glock has proven itself thus, as have a number of other firearms that I intend to also look at.

But then there's still a part of me that wants to get a Kel-tec P32. That is a tiny gun and so light.
  • That particular "problem" doesn't effect the 9mm Glocks because 9mm is a tapered case and is thus fully supported by the chamber.

Really, I just want a gun that's rugged and absolutely reliable. The Glock has proven itself thus, as have a number of other firearms that I intend to also look at.
    I know that, thus the sarcasam/I'm joking green. The famous Glock Kaboom has always affected the Higher caliber pistols - I don't think I've even heard of it happening with a properly maintained 9MM glock.
    But then there's still a part of me that wants to get a Kel-tec P32. That is a tiny gun and so light.
    True shit, they're wee little tiny things, ain't they?

• Neal's been saying it for years.The future is coming, hard.
    I think the real utopia is the idea that we can go back to the 1990's and everything will be perfect forever. All we're saying is no you can't. Now there's the internet.
  • Already posted that in the gun control thread, but yeah pretty much. While he does seem kind of dickish, hes not wrong. I wonder what the ramifications will be in other countries with stronger gun laws once 3D printing is a more common thing. The ammo would still be an issue, but still.
  • I'm about as pro-gun as you can get, but this one........ it scares me.

• I wonder how it works if the target you tag moves before you fire.
  • I wonder how it works if the target you tag moves before you fire.
    According to an article I read, it wont fire unless the computer is certain of a hit, and it can maintain a lock as long as your target does not move more than ten miles an hour to one side.
  • Impressive. I don't think it will replace actual quality marksmen, but it would certainly have an impact on how they go about their business, if this is a success.