This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice & Fire)

Comments

• Yeah, but it just seems ridiculous in comparison to everything else.
  • Which losses did Dany have in the books that weren't shown in the show? I figure since we're past that point in the timeline it can be considered alternate history... or maybe they were implied briefly but not dwelled upon?

Either way, if men die under her command, they do so as free soldiers not slaves so I guess she gives zero fucks about it in that case?
  • edited June 2013
    Most of the losses are shown in the show but there are some major ones yet to come.
    Post edited by FarliamentPunkadelic on
  • Hodor.
  • Hodor is best Hodor.
  • edited June 2013
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • I like how they are setting up Dany for "Oh FUCK, how do I feed all these people?"

Up until now she has only had a tiny khalasar and an army. Now she has an army AND a people. Season 3 ends with her being all happy-go-lucky. Season 4 starts and she gets bricked in the face with reality.

I am overall satisfied except that they are taking away all the awesome scenes Sam is supposed to have. >:(
  • I'm holding out hope that they just throw an awesome scene in there anyhow - because right now, Sam is just some nerd who is useless save for his vast stores of trivia.
  • Dude, he's a wizard.

• I am overall satisfied except that they are taking away all the awesome scenes Sam is supposed to have. >:(
    You mean the fat, (contextually) ugly, intellectual man who can't fight gets the shaft in today's society and popular media? That can't be right.
  • You know, I thought about making that but I figured somebody else would and apparently I was right.
  • edited June 2013
    somewhat ninja'd, althought it's definitely better with video.
    Dick in a box! Absolutely classic.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • WTF, content creator doesn't want the video available on mobile...
  • edited June 2013
    WTF, content creator doesn't want the video available on mobile...
    It may an issue with a claim against the music that denies some playback settings. I had it come up when I was rehosting a PMV that got hit by a content bot. People fervently asking me to challenge copyright on a video I didn't even make was fun.
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • edited June 2013
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • "According to The Baby Name Wizard Blog there are now 146 American girls named Khaleesi, up 450% from 2011."
  • Isn't Khaleesi a title not a name?
  • Name your child Hodor.
    Teach child to say his name.
    ????
    Profit.
  • Also, some day Hodor would marry a Khaleesi.
    Obviously didn't read the article.

• Obviously didn't read the article.

You've been n the forum longer than me and this is a shock?
    Obviously didn't read the article.

I didn't see the point. What more could the article possibly tell me that your synopsis did not?

• The article is only 3 paragraphs. One of the first things it points out is that fans will say "But it's a title, not a naaaaaaame!" If you're not going to bother to look at the article, asking questions that it immediately answers is going to earn you the equivalent response of "Let Me Google That For You."
  • I mentioned this in some other thread. People on the Internet (yes, even here) will ignore linked information and, without reviewing the linked information, ask questions covered in linked material.

That itself isn't the problem, IMO. The problem is replying to it at all. If they (speaking generally, not intended offend Steve) can't be bothered to dig themselves, I'm not doing to tl;dr it for them. It's a sort if way in gauging interest in the referenced material.

I'm all for discussion and insights potentially not directly mentioned in articles. In fact, I love that sort of thing. It's like a scientist not reading a paper and them without reading it, asking to verify something referenced in the article.

I know many attorneys and, iirc, Nuri you are one or are in law school. How far would that behavior get you in a courtroom. Not far at all.
  • edited June 2013
    If the article was longer, I would have summarized. It is literally three paragraphs.

Dromaro, I'm not sure what "behavior" you are referring to that wouldn't get you very far in a court room, but if you have written a brief and the opposing counsel doesn't even read it then YES, opposing counsel will be subject to a comment something along the lines of "In the VERY FIRST PARAGRAPH of the brief I submitted, you will find my principle argument which is, in fact, the answer to exactly what you just asked." Also, opposing counsel is likely to be fired and/or sued for malpractice if that's his standard MO.

FYI, 99.9% of legal practice doesn't happen in a court room, so don't put too much stock in that as the pinnacle of legal discourse.
    Post edited by Nuri on