This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Bowls are better than plates

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Just take waffle cone and shape it. Waffle cone bowls exist.

Post edited by Apreche on
  • The fact that plates allow food to not conjugate is vital to some dishes. In the case of the waffles (or any dish with sauce on top) the bottom didn't get overly syrupy. On the other hand, pasta (or any dish with sauce mixed) benefits from being bowled.
  • edited September 2011
    Trenchers ftw!
    I disagree with your oppressive elitist ways good jerk face. Eating off a stale bread plate was the pinnacle of overindulgence by the British nobles and should remain a relic of the past along with yo' momma.

I prefer sharing the single communal dish. This minimizes the waste of excess dish washing and encourages the sharing of antibodies though intermediary salival exchange. Savage. Revolting. Brilliant.

EDIT: The new bar serves meat pie. We should check it out. WEB: http://blog.timesunion.com/tablehopping/25242/olde-english-to-open-friday-see-food-drink-menus-now/
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • Just take waffle cone and shape it. Waffle cone bowls exist.
    We don't want waffle cone bowls. We want bowls that are Belgian waffles.

Solution: build a waffle press that, when closed, forms a bowl shape. When closed, the press heats to about 50C, at which point waffle batter is forcibly injected into the press. Press heats to proper cooking temp, bowl cooks, done deal. Injection-molded waffle bowl.
  • edited September 2011
    My mother made corn bread bowls for chili and cake bowls for ice cream.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • http://blog.timesunion.com/tablehopping/25242/olde-english-to-open-friday-see-food-drink-menus-now/
    Man, why the hell don't I follow Table Hopping more regularly?

Also, we should go there. All the time.
  • greater depression (bowls)
    I think you mean "deep plate." A plate by any other name retains its both its plate-ness and use.
  • My mother made corn bred bowls for chili and cake bowls for ice cream.
  • edited September 2011
    greater depression (bowls)
    I think you mean "deep plate." A plate by any other name retains its both its plate-ness and use.
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • All hail the glorious plate master race!
    Dam your eyes heretic! The bowl is the true master! We are put egg cups in their plan!
  • Is a hot-dog a sandwich? Stay tuned, the answer may surprise you.
  • Troll please.
  • My mother made corn bread bowls for chili and cake bowls for ice cream.
  • edited September 2011
    greater depression (bowls) are nearly always superior.
    I remember back in the Greater Depression, we had to eat bowls. Plates were better, because they were flat, but we couldn't afford plates. I worked as a news boy. I remember the headlines of the time: "WAR IN EUROPE" "EMPLOYMENT BREACHES 15%" "NEW DEAL BRINGS PLATES TO MILLIONS!" Those were the days.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • If your bowls and plates were made of bread, times wouldn't have been so hard.
  • edited September 2011
    They made bread bowls and plates, but they were more expensive than 20 porcelain bowls -- that's 10 plates. We didn't have that kind of money.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • They made bread bowls and plates, but they were more expensive than 20 porcelain bowls -- that's 10 plates. We didn't have that kind of money.
    Plebes. If you had invested in yeast before the crash, you'd have billions of trenchers.
  • Yeah. You guys should do this test:

AQ (Aspergers Test)
  • 26? Im average?
  • 22. One step above average computer scientist. Considering my job, I find that acceptable.
  • 28. Five points away! Fuck, so close!
  • Yeah. You guys should do this test:

AQ (Aspergers Test)
    Holy shit, I scored a 6 on that test. I think I'm so not asperger I'm on the other insane side :-p
  • 27 over here. Not shocking.
  • edited September 2011
    29. I'm a safe distance between math contest winner and actual autism.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • 26? Im average?
    26 is not average. I'm 28 and I've been diagnosed with (light) aspergers. (Though it's been revises to the more general 'some form of...' autism as well). 18 is average man. 15 is average female.
  • 34, wow that's much higher than I was expecting. Though I suppose that does explain many things...
  • I'm kind of surprised I only got an 18. I guess I'm not a very typical geek/programmer. I think where I break the mold is that I'm very good at changing gears on the fly, so I can be (and often am) interrupted while working on one thing to do something else really quickly and then go back to the first thing right away. Also, vivid imagination and I've learned how to be good socially.
  • Where does it say your actual score. I just got 32-50.
  • Where does it say your actual score. I just got 32-50.
    In the text above that box.
  • I got an 8, by the way.