This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Bowls are better than plates

Comments

• I got a 31 on the spectrum test. I also think bowls are objectively better than plates. Go figure.
  • Bowl pun.
    That's my kind of bowl. :)
    When you have a bowl, you don't need a plate.

That's what's up.
  • What does the name Mary Jane mean to you?
    Is this an 80s Spiderman thing?
    Damn, dude. I mean, that's what I was setting you up for, but damn. It's a damn weed pipe.
  • What does Mary Jane have to do with pot?
  • What does Mary Jane have to do with pot?
  • Back to the main topic, I find that bowls are more useful than plates, why?
    A bowl can effectively carry water, a plate can't
    A bowl can also be used as a shovel
    A bowl is more compact
    A bowl can be a hat
    Stuff you can eat on a plate, you can eat in a bowl, but not vis-versa.
    A metal bowl can help get a stronger wireless signal, a plate can't
    A bowl can be flipped over to hid stuff underneath it
    A bowl can be used as a cup
    A bowl can be used as a makeshift bra or boob armor
    A bowl can be used as a mortar
    A bowl can be used as a fire pit for burning small sacrifices to a pagan god
    A bowl can be used as a buckler (a really small shield)
    Poke a bunch of holes in a bowl, and you get a strainer

• A bowl is more compact
    lol, right.
    Also the best solution is a folding plate. One of those, a titanium spork, and a good pocket knife are about all you need for food. Add a single reasonably deep pot and a stove and you've got all the cooking covered too.
  • If you ate out of an upside-down Frisbee, would that be a plate or a bowl? I'm talk'n about the thick, good Frisbees, not those cheap-ass ones.
  • I'm kind of torn on this issue. On one hand without a bowel there is really little practical point to eating food whereas on the other hand without a palate there is little to no enjoyment to be had from eating food.
  • edited September 2011
    I'm kind of torn on this issue. On one hand without a bowel there is really little practical point to eating food whereas on the other hand without a palate there is little to no enjoyment to be had from eating food.
    I'm kind of torn on this issue. On one hand without a trowel we wouldn't have sculpture, but without a palette you wouldn't have painting.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • lol, right.
    Also the best solution is a folding plate. One of those, a titanium spork, and a good pocket knife are about all you need for food. Add a single reasonably deep pot and a stove and you've got all the cooking covered too.
    I don't see any way to eat hot food with that thing, you couldn't hold it at the very least. HOWEVER, we are not debating the merits of a "Folding Plate." We are debating whether bowls or plates, of a generic variety are better. Bowl in my mind is still the clear victor.
  • I still say bowl, but I did think of one upside to a plate. If you are attacked by ninjas you can wing the plate like a Frisbee at an attacker from a distance.
  • Did polling ever get implemented in the forum? I'm having trouble getting a sense of the distribution of the opinions.
  • Bowls would be unwieldy as improvised weapons. Plates, however, could be thrown like a discus, Captain America's shield, or Xena's throwing ring thingy. Much more effective as an improvised ranged weapon.

Thus, a plate has a greater chance of saving you during a zombie apocalypse. Winner: plate.
  • Think you are wrong there. The Bowl can be be both offensive and defensive. In an aggressive manor it can be used to batter and bludgeon in defensive it can eb armour.
  • edited September 2011
    Think you are wrong there. The Bowl can be be both offensive and defensive. In an aggressive manor it can be used to batter and bludgeon in defensive it can eb armour.
    So can a plate. I've never heard of bowlmail armor.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Poll needs a crotch option, 'cause I misread something as that.
  • A plate is easier to break than a bowl.
  • A plate is easier to break than a bowl.
    By what measure?
  • edited September 2011
    A plate is easier to break than a bowl.
    By what measure?
    A bowl, is a tad bit thicker than usually what a plate is, if you look at standard lengths. And the flat shape of a plate, doesn't gives it incredibly low resistance when dealing with force. A broken plate is a better weapon (Partially proven in Breaking Bad) than a bowl, but a plate when cracked also most likely has a high chance to fully break apart when cracked.
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • A broken plate is a better weapon (Partially proven in Breaking Bad) than a bowl, but a plate when cracked also most likely has a high chance to fully break apart when cracked.
    So a plate, in addition to being a better hurled projectile due to its flat shape, is also a fragmentary weapon?

That only gives more credence to the idea of the plate making a far better improvised ranged weapon than a bowl. A bowl could take out one zombie, maybe; a plate could hit one zombie and explode into several fragments, possibly taking out 2 or 3 other nearby zombies.
  • Bowls are better because you can fill them with White Castles and then eat them with a spoon.
  • Bowls are better because you can fill them with White Castles and then eat them with a spoon.
    Only pussies eat White Castle with utensils. The proper method is to pick up a Crave Case and use your face.
  • So a plate, in addition to being a better hurled projectile due to its flat shape, is also a fragmentary weapon?

That only gives more credence to the idea of the plate making a far better improvised ranged weapon than a bowl. A bowl could take out one zombie, maybe; a plate could hit one zombie and explode into several fragments, possibly taking out 2 or 3 other nearby zombies.
    Well, ranged weapon is doubtful, but most ceramic crockery makes for surprisingly effective improvised weapons when broken. Those edges are fuckin' sharp.
    Only pussies eat White Castle with utensils. The proper method is to pick up a Crave Case and use your face.
    Yep.

My friends and I spent an hour sitting at a White Castle this summer discussing how to smuggle a Crave Case into a movie theater. The verdict was that one of us would pretend to be wheelchair bound, and the case would be hidden in a First Aid Duffle underneath the wheelchair. That's right: our Craving was such that one of us was going to pretend to be paralyzed. I am not ashamed.
  • Well, ranged weapon is doubtful, but most ceramic crockery makes for surprisingly effective improvised weapons when broken. Those edges are fuckin' sharp.
    Break the edges of the plate a bit first, so it's like a giant ceramic saw blade. Hurl like a discus, and watch it explode into a dozen jagged shards and fly everywhere.

Obviously, this debate will not be settled until we test this out.
  • cookie bowls from upside down muffin tins.
    Ooh, I'm having friends over this weekend for play testing. Perhaps I'll make a delicious snack out of this.
  • edited September 2011
    I want a double-chocolate chip bowl filled with mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Danger Zone.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on