This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Bowls are better than plates

Comments

• Until Golden Dave puts a shoe on his/her head and holds up a timestamped sign saying, "Sup FRCF," I'm not buying that s/he's a lady.
  • edited September 2011
    She's shown herself to be blunt enough that I'm willing to trust her word on it.

Still, shoe-on-head would be funny.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Which one of her heads? She is a Cerberus...
  • NeoNeo
    edited September 2011
    So I scored a 37 and then asked my wife to take the test, she got an 8.

Not surprising at all. One of the most difficult areas where we have conflict is that she would like to socialize more, whereas I am happy to stay at home and do virtually anything else. It's a good thing she tolerates me so well.

While I have learned to navigate the social situations of life (learning to solve those are like learning to solve puzzles), those are the areas that I feel the most strongly about and can answer those questions with much certainty, especially when they are asking what I prefer rather than what I always do.

*Edit: Oh, and back on topic: Wide plates with bowl-like depressions are the best! Like pasta bowl/plates.
    Post edited by Neo on
  • Wide plates with bowl-like depressions are the best!
    This! Just make them out of bread and it's perfect.
  • Doesn't seem quite wide enough to fit a porterhouse steak on it.
  • edited September 2011
    Doesn't seem quite wide enough to fit a porterhouse steak on it.
    That is why you cut it up on a cutting board and put in the bowl.
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • That' just seems wrong.
  • Couldn't you just make a plate/bowl like a swimming pool with a shallow and deep end?
  • Couldn't you just make a plate/bowl like a swimming pool with a shallow and deep end?
    How would you set that down without things spilling out? How would you stop everything from sliding into the corner?
  • The inference that we all have an Autistic Spectrum Disorder due to having a silly argument about tableware, I'd imagine. I dunno, I'm used to that shit by now. Luke's just affably blunt.
    Yeah, I was trollin'.
  • edited September 2011
    The inference that we all have an Autistic Spectrum Disorder due to having a silly argument about tableware, I'd imagine. I dunno, I'm used to that shit by now. Luke's just affably blunt.
    Yeah, I was trollin'.
    What? Bad Luke!

Anyway, I posit that everybody was trollin' themselves by taking that test pretty much the second Luke posted it. I scored a zero! You know why? Because I stopped at question 12, looked to see that there are like a bajillion more questions and said to myself "I got better shit to do than this".

On the other hand, maybe I'm just lazy. Is there a test for that somewhere?
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • ... and then you came to a thread about Plates Vs. Bowls to argue about why making a test is dumb. I agree, this is WAY more productive. =P
  • Anyway, I posit that everybody was trollin' themselves by taking that test pretty much the second Luke posted it.
    I was surprised at how many people just took the test and posted their scores before anyone said something like "Luke? Are you taking the piss?"
  • edited September 2011
    You guys are starting to creep me out with that shit.

I got a 3. Said 'definitely disagree' to anything regarding math or numbers.
    Post edited by Dave on
  • I got a 15. So I'm a man, woman, or female botanist. Also, I prefer bowls over plates mostly because of spillage and most of my favorite foods are in bowls over plates.
  • So female botanists aren't women?
  • Gunter loves his bowl.
  • That's not a bowl, it's an ashtray. The nature of a bowl is that you can use it for eating, and you cannot use ashtrays for eating.
  • That's not a bowl, it's an ashtray. The nature of a bowl is that you can use it for eating, and you cannot use ashtrays for eating.
    Babby's first picture of a pipe.
  • Until Golden Dave puts a shoe on his/her head and holds up a timestamped sign saying, "Sup FRCF," I'm not buying that s/he's a lady.
    In no corner or crevice of the internet are we free from /b/-like misogyny.
    Pipe? What?
  • In no corner or crevice of the internet are we free from /b/-like misogyny.
    It's true. /b/ has penetrated all of the Internet's crevices.
    That's my kind of bowl. :)

Also on the aspergers thing, I got 32...
  • The poll needs more options, including a formal dinner service for extra fanciness.

I scored an 11 on the spectrum test.
    In no corner or crevice of the internet are we free from /b/-like misogyny.
    If Andrew WK can do it, so can you. I believe that, at this point in time and with members of both sexes putting shoes on heads, it would be sexist of me to *not* request shoe on head.
  • edited September 2011
    Bowl pun.
    That's my kind of bowl. :)
    When you have a bowl, you don't need a plate.
    Pipe? What?
    What does the name Mary Jane mean to you?
    Post edited by Walker on
  • What does the name Mary Jane mean to you?
    Is this an 80s Spiderman thing?