This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Bowls are better than plates

Comments

• Ahh I see. In that case. 48.
  • AmpAmp
    edited September 2011
    26? Im average?
    26 is not average. I'm 28 and I've been diagnosed with (light) aspergers. (Though it's been revises to the more general 'some form of...' autism as well). 18 is average man. 15 is average female.
    Meh doesn't bother me to much.

What bothers me is that people have not recognised that the bowl and spoon is the obvious choice for dining implements.
    Post edited by Amp on
  • I actually do have a much easier time with bowl+spoon ...
  • So since 15 means Average woman, and average male or female biologist.

Women are naturally suited to being biologists?
  • I thought it meant that male biologists are transgender.

Doctors have diagnosed me with Aspberger's, though.
    One thing I noticed though is that a large number of these questions line up pretty exactly with the intro/extroversion questions for a meyers-briggs type test. I tend to be very strongly Introverted on those.
  • 16, but the average computer scientist is 21! I'm below average computer scientist :(
  • We need some convex plates. Eating should be a challenge!
    We should create some sort of elaborate game surrounding dinner involving spatial awareness, direct competition, reflexes, and intense game theory. It's the thinking man's persistence hunting; make eating exciting again!
  • Unless lower scores are better, in which case I'm the below average computer scientist :(
  • 16, but the average computer scientist is 21! I'm below average computer scientist :(
    Because you are a person. I think there they mean a computer scientist is a computer that does science.
  • edited September 2011
    Unless lower scores are better, in which case I'm the below average computer scientist :(
    I don't think there is a "better" score, here. It's just where you fall on a spectrum of personality.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • edited September 2011
    I'm an 11, while the average male biologist is a 15. However, I'm studying to be a medical doctor, which is a very socially-oriented profession, so an 11 isn't quite unexpected.
    Unless lower scores are better, in which case I'm the below average computer scientist :(
    It's not really a better-or-worse scale. The scores measure your "distance" from the autistic spectrum, with 32 representing the average individual with Asperger's Syndrome, and a zero representing someone who is the theoretical opposite of a 50 (extreme high-functioning autism). It's "better" in that you probably interact in close social situations better than the average CS major, but other than that, it's not a quality assessment.

Edit: Ninja'd
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited September 2011
    I got a 24, myself, which is around what I was expecting. I'm curious to see how Grey would score.

Edit: Also, looking back, the way Luke presented the test was super douchey.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I got a 24, myself, which is around what I was expecting. I'm curious to see how Grey would score.

Edit: Also, looking back, the way Luke presented the test was super douchey.
    Why?
  • The inference that we all have an Autistic Spectrum Disorder due to having a silly argument about tableware, I'd imagine. I dunno, I'm used to that shit by now. Luke's just affably blunt.
  • edited September 2011
    Why?
    I'm taking it as "Man, you guys are making really awkward, stupid jokes. I bet you all have aspergers".

Having scored a 24, I may be misinterpreting. :P

Yeah, what WuB said, only the way he said it makes more sense.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Ok. I just didn't see why it was a problem.
  • Luke is like a less extreme version of Nine, for me; he pisses me off until I can hear his voice.
  • Luke is like a less extreme version of Nine, for me; he pisses me off until I can hear his voice.
    Then you fall madly madly in love?
  • What happened to Nine? I hear all about him, but I never see him! Was he banned? Was he killed? Did he get a major roll in a Tim Burton movie? What happened?
  • Nine was banned. But makes sporadic appearance. Till they get banned again. Guys help me out. What was nine's last handle?
  • What happened to Nine? I hear all about him, but I never see him! Was he banned? Was he killed? Did he get a major roll in a Tim Burton movie? What happened?
    He is Air Co.
    Luke is like a less extreme version of Nine, for me; he pisses me off until I can hear his voice.
    Then you fall madly madly in love?
    Joe Boomer is the closest thing I've had to a man-crush on this forum, which isn't saying much,
  • edited September 2011
    What happened to Nine? I hear all about him, but I never see him! Was he banned? Was he killed? Did he get a major roll in a Tim Burton movie? What happened?
    He was banned because his trolling had gradually become less and less funny and more annoying until it was no longer bearable. We're pretty sure Air Co. is him under a new name.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Nine was banned. But makes sporadic appearance. Till they get banned again. Guys help me out. What was nine's last handle?
    Air Co. And it still is.
    Luke is like a less extreme version of Nine, for me; he pisses me off until I can hear his voice.
    The first time I played TF2 with Nine, I was all like, "Fuck. I'm on Nine's team. This is going to be fun." Then I fucked up and got killed and made some comment about being retarded, and Nine went, "It's okay, better than I'd have done," in his awesome accent. Then, I was all like, "I think Nine is a pretty cool guy. Eh has awesome accent and doesn't trlol me in teamspeak."

tl;dr: Nine can be a dick on these forums, but he's a pretty fun guy elsewhere.