This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things you liked and now hate

edited October 2011 in Everything Else
When did Robin Hood: Men in Tights become bad. I'm watching it right now and shaking my head at how this was once my favorite movie.

Comments

• When did Robin Hood: Men in Tights become bad. I'm watching it right now and shaking my head at how this was once my favorite movie.
    What are you talking about? That movie is still hilarious!
  • SHUT UP YOU I STILL LOVE THAT MOVIE.

Um...other than maybe shitty style or music when I was like 12 I can't think of that much that I now hate.
  • Transformers is probably at the top of the list for me. This is of course ignoring He-Man, which I have chosen to believe never actually existed at all.
  • When did Robin Hood: Men in Tights become bad. I'm watching it right now and shaking my head at how this was once my favorite movie.
    What are you talking about? That movie is still hilarious!
    SHUT UP YOU I STILL LOVE THAT MOVIE.
    15 minutes in and I'm got more annoys than chuckles.
  • Mickey Mousecapades
  • The prequel trilogy.

God.
  • Barack Obama.
  • OH! Power Rangers. I still love stupid people in giant robots, but the american live action stuff they added is so full of facepalm.
  • The prequel trilogy.
    I actually like Phantom Menace at one point. Ugh!
  • I used to like Counter-Strike and play it a fair bit, but I can't stand it anymore.

I also used to love inking drawings and wouldn't feel a drawing was complete without it, but now I find it both frustrating and sort of ugly looking compared to good pencil work.

I used to use photoshop, but now I find it clunky and lacking the functions I want compared to GIMP.

When I was a child I loved Dragonball Z. Clearly, I had brain damage.
  • edited October 2011
    OH! Power Rangers. I still love stupid people in giant robots, but the american live action stuff they added is so full of facepalm.
    YOU SUCK

I still love Power Rangers.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • I used to like Counter-Strike and play it a fair bit, but I can't stand it anymore.
  • Being alone.

Don't regret losing that one ^_~
  • There is nothing wrong with Dragon Ball Z.....
  • Detective Conan. The earlier chapters might still be alright, but the new (a couple years ago) stuff is pure shit. I guess there are only so many possible alibis...
  • Detective Conan. The earlier chapters might still be alright, but the new (a couple years ago) stuff is pure shit. I guess there are only so many possible alibis...
    Die.

Anyway, I used to really like Initial D, but nowadays I can only really watch 4th stage.

Also, while Love Hina WAS one of my favorite anime, I now have no tolerance for it.
    Die.
    For liking early DC or not liking the newer stuff? It was my favorite series for a while, but once it turned into convolution and riddles a jumped ship.
  • Invader Zim. I'm pretty sure I have the fandom to blame 100% for that one.
  • This forum.
  • This forum.
    To be fair, you never liked me.
  • edited October 2011
    ^This guy No not you Axel, the guy above you.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • Oh come on, you guys know I'm kidding. I <3 all of you.
  • Oh come on, you guys know I'm kidding. I <3 all of you.</p>
    I was being serious, you really didn't like me. Then again, just about no one did until after Otakon 2009.
    I don't think I've ever sen someone wearing an Invader Zim Tshirt who wasn't a teenaged girl other than my brother and me.
    I don't think I've ever sen someone wearing an Invader Zim Tshirt who wasn't a teenaged girl other than my brother and me.
    My college. Lots of them at my (and therefore, ProfPangloss') college.

That's what we get for going to a nerd school. Though I don't mind, I still really like the show.
  • I love Invader Zim and my love of it is from watching the show, not internet fandom. It kind of pisses me off how so many teenage girls have Gir shirts and whatnot since many of them have probably never even seen the show.
  • I don't think I've ever sen someone wearing an Invader Zim Tshirt who wasn't a teenaged girl other than my brother and me.
    I own a purple Gir shirt and am not a girl (though the shirt is made for one). I love the show, but I try to stay away from the fans.
  • I love Invader Zim and my love of it is from watching the show, not internet fandom. It kind of pisses me off how so many teenage girls have Gir shirts and whatnot since many of them have probably never even seen the show.
    And it's always GIR shirts. Always.

The worst part is the shipping, though. I didn't know it was a thing until recently, but apparently it's pretty big.
  • They probably did watch the show. In the same way that my generation watched Ren and Stimpy when I was 5.

I really enjoyed Zim, but it was showing sometime around late highschool or early college for me.
  • I was super into the show for a LONG while, and I still appreciate the show completely on its own - I have no qualms recommending it to people. The fandom has just ruined the show for me. One of very few exceptions to my rule of "fandom ruins everything" would be Portal - I still enjoy the game and its writing, even after every joke has been overplayed a thousand times over. Still Alive, on the other hand, is nigh-unlistenable for me now.