This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things you liked and now hate

Comments

• Family Guy.

I don't know if I've just finally grown out of liking it, or if my tastes changed, but I can't stand to watch it now, new or old.
  • Family Guy.
    And you are a better person for it.
  • edited October 2011
    Basketball. I used to be a big basketball fan when I was in middle school. Actually pretty much infected my entire class with a fad about collecting basketball trading cards.

Now the sport bores me to tears and I resent it quite a bit because I can not for the life of me understand why people watch that rather than hockey.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • It's a combo of everything with Family Guy. Not only did you want it more when it was cancelled and brought back, but at this point, it's become so preachy, hateful, and just not funny on every level. I loved it and quoted the first 3 Seasons all throughout high school, but now I can't tolerate it at all. (This is why I fear Arrested Development)

I think in another case of "The Fandom Ruined It" was Lilo and Stitch for me. Every Disney property from the 90s onward got pretty milked, but I have such a love for the first movie. There was a midquel, called "Stitch Has a Glitch" which gave me some hope, but when you have years of a terrible, delayed series that made all the characters look bad, pointless extra movies, and a fandom that's a few steps away from furries? Kind of makes you not like it.
  • I think in another case of "The Fandom Ruined It" was Lilo and Stitch for me. Every Disney property from the 90s onward got pretty milked, but I have such a love for the first movie. There was a midquel, called "Stitch Has a Glitch" which gave me some hope, but when you have years of a terrible, delayed series that made all the characters look bad, pointless extra movies, and a fandom that's a few steps away from furries? Kind of makes you not like it.
    Oh god seconded.

"Hey, Do you want to hear my Stitch impersonation?"
    "No, because A)It will sound the same as everyone else doing theirs, and none of the sound like stitch, B)You're going to say the "it means family" line like everyone else does because it's the only line anyone remembers from the movie, and C)You're an idiotic fucking cretin, be quiet."
  • Stitch has a huge fandom that isn't kids? I just liked it, but didn't know of a scary fandom attached?
  • B)You're going to say the "it means family" line like everyone else does because it's the only line anyone remembers from the movie
    When I do a Stitch impression, it's always the alien swear word at the beginning of the movie.
    Stitch has a huge fandom that isn't kids?
    I'm a big fan of the movie, but I'm not privy to any sort of scary fandom.
  • Swing dancing and in particular Lindy Hopping.
  • The Geeknights podcast.

The forums disillusioned me.
    huh?
  • The Geeknights podcast.

The forums disillusioned me.
    huh?
    Can you state your question in the form of a complete sentence?
  • Atheists. People who make hilarious jokes at the expense of the religious.
  • Rap music.
    Popular music in general as well I suppose.
  •  permalinkquote
    Atheists. People who make hilarious jokes at the expense of the religious.
    Wait no I did it backwards. I used to like RELIGIOUS people and people who couldn't take a joke. Now I hate them.
  • huh?
    Not sure how the forums ruined the show for you? Because the forums are so much better?
  • Half the people on this forum are more intelligent than Scrym, so they come off as just average rather than remarkable.
  • Half the people on this forum are more intelligent than Scrym, so they come off as just average rather than remarkable.
    I R SMRT
    I kinda wanna know which half you're talking about.
    True....
    The smarter half of course.
  • I kinda wanna know which half you're talking about.
    Let me give you a hint - I'm not in that half.
    Someone with such a sad trivia war performance shouldn't comment on this topic.
    You should meet Dr. Hazard. His game theory/maths make us look like babies in panel discussions. Debates on mechanics with him are like fistfights with Mike Tyson.
  • Atheists. People who make hilarious jokes at the expense of the religious.
  • edited October 2011
    Debates on mechanics with him are like fistfights with Mike Tyson.
    He bites your ear off?
    Post edited by Churba on
    Someone with such a sad trivia war performance shouldn't comment on this topic.
    Oh, by no means was I adding myself to that half.
  • If this discussion is to happen, we had best define "smarter" more clearly. I currently know more math than either Rym or Scott but that doesn't by any means make me smarter.
  • Obviously, I'm the smartest.
  • Eh, I think Andrew is obviously the smartest.

*wearing best girlfriend hat*