This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX East 2012: End of the World edition

Comments

• And further, we could quite easily make a contest of it. Of course, this hinges on our teams meeting in honorable combat. Perhaps we could make it a wager, if you wish.
    Then we shall meet in gentlemanly combat.
  • For those interested in my room. I have limited slots available get to me ASAP so I can do all the maths and organizing. I currently have five, including myself, in the room. Depending on what Linkigi does that could bump it to six possibly seven.
  • I'll confirm myself for sleeping on your floor.
  • I'll confirm myself for sleeping on your floor.
    W00t! Up to six, cap of eight. Last call for the FRC people?
  • I have set aside my money for PAX, this is officially happening now.
  • I keep forgetting to get back to you coldguy but am I apart of that? or can I have the last 2 spaces?
  • I keep forgetting to get back to you coldguy but am I apart of that? or can I have the last 2 spaces?
    Get back to me wirh details abd you can have the final 2 spots.
  • It's coming.

Last year:
  • Son of a bitch, Rym. I'm so goddamn excited I'm going to explode. Also, I love that you had a shot of the Avenger controller dealie that OceanMarketting helped Markett.
  • edited February 2012
    Andrew stealing the show at 3:03. What a douche.

Post edited by Rochelle on
  • How you take screenshot from YouTube?
  • How you take screenshot from YouTube?
    Pause video, use Windows snipper.

Not elegant, but quick and effective.
  • I don't even use that anymore. I'm not sure if it's some setting I changed, but all I do is hit "PrtScrn" and paste it to a new file in Photoshop, but yes pause it first.
  • edited February 2012
    Yeah, I know how to do that. The resolution was just so good I assumed you had used a specialized tool of some kind. Very surprising that the crude method gets such good results. Also, back in the day that used to not work because videos would play in an overlay buffer and printscr would only grab data from the default video buffer. If a video was playing you just saw a black square in the screenshot.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Pete is going to have one of those hats this year.
  • Oh mans, I'm ready for PAX. Speaking of, I found a cheap copy of Eclipse, and I'm debating bringing it to East. Are there people interested in playing it (and/or is it popular enough that tabletop will have spare copies so I can save luggage space)?
  • Oh mans, I'm ready for PAX. Speaking of, I found a cheap copy of Eclipse, and I'm debating bringing it to East. Are there people interested in playing it (and/or is it popular enough that tabletop will have spare copies so I can save luggage space)?
    I'm in for a game if you bring it.
  • edited February 2012
    Yeah, I know how to do that. The resolution was just so good I assumed you had used a specialized tool of some kind. Very surprising that the crude method gets such good results. Also, back in the day that used to not work because videos would play in an overlay buffer and printscr would only grab data from the default video buffer. If a video was playing you just saw a black square in the screenshot.
    Yeah, that's what I was referring to back in the day. I used to have to play the video in Winamp and disable some setting to be able to get a screen shot. I just enlarged the video to full screen and viola! That way has worked for quite some time now. That's how I get a decent amount of the images of movies or shows I put in ATW9K Photo Friday.

You can also attest the high quality to Rym's camera that recorded all that wonderful stuff.

Yeah, March needs to go by fast.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
    Where in the fuck did you find a cheap copy of Eclipse?

Where in the fuck did you find a cheap copy of Eclipse?
    Well first, you get this lead pipe...

• edited February 2012
    Haha. Well, it was $60, which seems a lot better than the $100+ I'm seeing around the Internet. I found it through boardgamegeek, here. WARNING: Their website is absolutely horrendous.

EDIT: It looks like this guy has it for $35, if you trust random internet people.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Oh, OK, it's a pre-order. And the other guy is selling the Suoernova expansion.
  • Darn, I thought it was too good to be true!
  • If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
  • edited February 2012
    If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
    That was my train of thought when I saw Eclipse come from nowhere and shoot up into the BGG Top Ten right out of the gate. Can it honestly be THAT good, with people probably rating it off of one or two plays? Looks like I've been proven wrong, and will be waiting until April for my copy.

Post edited by Matt on
  • If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
    That was my train of thought when I saw Eclipse come from nowhere and shoot up into the BGG Top Ten right out of the gate. Can it honestly be THAT good, with people probably rating it off of one or two plays? Looks like I've been proven wrong, and will be waiting until April for my copy.

It's that good.

• RymRym
    edited February 2012
    If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

It's that good.

It scratches the itch of a versus space exploration, research, military game. Elegant physical/mechanical design allows a surprising degree of complexity without requiring needless calculation or tabulation on the players' part: it's surprisingly closer to a computer game than a board game mechanically while remaining squarely in the realm of the latter.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • And lots of bit fiddling. Oh how I love fiddling with bits.
  • The right parts are random too. Fighting is extremely risky compared to everything else one can do.
  • Just watched tre PAX east 2011 video. What is the male/female ratio of an average PAX?