This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX East 2012: End of the World edition

Comments

• I'd just like to throw out there that I'm like 483% in favor of Nuri and Ro making out.
    Omegathon Finale.
  • Do you think the reason they currently can't stream all the things is due to lack of Enforcers or short amount of time to hire enough people to do so? I can't view the article, so I don't know all the logistics of it.
  • Nuri, if we were single, we'd make out like bandits. :P
    Just the two of you? XD

I guess we should all make out.
    I propose we wear bandannas over the lower-half of out faces and make out like REAL BANDITS at PAX.
    There's no way this could POSSIBLY go wrong.

I'm in favor.
  • I approve of the direction this thread is going.
  • edited March 2012
    Fold bandanna in half on a diagonal. Insert saran wrap in between the two halves. Tie around face. Proceed to MAKE OUT WITH EVERYONE.

FRC girls, we should plan a night to all wear max-sexyness dress up clothes. Just because we can.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • edited March 2012
    Anyone going to arrive in the afternoon on Thursday? I will be free for the entire day and looking for people to hang out, outside of the indie game party that evening.

The enforcer thing does also pique an interesting idea. All you need is one manning the camera and I have yet to hear back from them when I sent in my request to take on a small helper role. Who knows at this point? To go from "we are extending the deadline" to "we got all that we need" with no middle announcement is very odd.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • I'm in favor for getting dolled up, but dress up clothes, not so much. I like being comfy cute geek. We'll figure something out. I could do more shopping.
  • edited March 2012
    Every FRC dresses up like it's the Grand Galloping Gala. Then just plays tabletop games.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Every FRC dresses up like it's the Grand Galloping Gala. Then just plays tabletop games.
    Would we have to sing the song as we wait in line and march into the tabletop room?
  • Every FRC dresses up like it's the Grand Galloping Gala. Then just plays tabletop games.
    Would we have to sing the song as we wait in line and march into the tabletop room?
    I am NOT singing "At the Gala." Bohemian Rhapsody is it.

Scott gets to be Rainbow Dash.
  • I will totally wear a suit and tie and play board games. I need to get one for my wedding anyway.

That reminds me to pick up a boombox for that exact purpose...
  • At the Gala is too hard to get a group to sing, anyways. Winter Wrap-Up, on the other hand...

Make sure that shit has an aux input, and you have the appropriate male/male cable so any phone can hook it up.

Make sure that shit has an aux input, and you have the appropriate male/male cable so any phone can hook it up.
    After taxes most likely will be picking up one that supports MP3s, can use it for my panel and a great way to do impromptu raves while waiting in lines.
  • @Nuri,

I was planning on bringing my makeup stash so we can do at least an evening of looking glamorous with drinks. I can do skirt with flats, since we will be walking a lot, heels are not a good idea.
  • Oh shits. Should I tell Chase and Karl to pack fine hats for an evening of drinks?
  • Suit up for PAX? I could do that.
  • Shit if we were to suit up for PAX that means I would need to bring mine on a bus...that is something I do not thing is going to end well. Also we could pull off the easiest Saints Row Cosplay if we all wore purple ascents with the suits.
  • I spot a wild Chie on the Money Making panel...
  • I am totally fine with wearing a suit, or my Halloween costume.
  • If we do fine suits we've gotta do it right. No shitty hipster suits where you wear a t-shirt and a nice hat and call it dressing up. We'd have to do it Mad Men style.
  • edited March 2012
    Oh shits. Should I tell Chase and Karl to pack fine hats for an evening of drinks?
    Suit up for PAX? I could do that.
    I love all of you. It needs not be said that I'm 326% in favor of this.

It actually reminds me a bit of my old High School friends. We used to dress up and have LAN parties on Saturday. Every week.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • I lack the vest and hat necessary for true Mad Men style. Also, I have enough other stuff to pack already. Also, Enforcing.
  • I lack the vest and hat necessary for true Mad Men style. Also, I have enough other stuff to pack already. Also, Enforcing.
    I have a grey pinstripe vest and a grey fedora you could borrow, if you like.
  • I'm in favor for getting dolled up, but dress up clothes, not so much. I like being comfy cute geek. We'll figure something out. I could do more shopping.
    Your dress-up clothes are not comfy? You're doin it wrong! I might break out the pinstripe pants and just wear black sneakers. I am also in favor of flats or low comfy heels.

Suit Up for PAX sounds like a slogan I can get behind.

• Anyone going to arrive in the afternoon on Thursday? I will be free for the entire day and looking for people to hang out, outside of the indie game party that evening.
    Indie game party, you say?
  • Well my dress up clothes are business casual and for the work environment. I honestly have no skirts or dresses anymore. I haven't worn a dress for almost a decade.

I'm totally down for a sexy top and pinstripe pants with Chuck Taylors. OMG, shopping. Ok, let's do this.