This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX East 2012: End of the World edition

Comments

• Jared tells me that nope, he didn't keep the text logs. Parseley games are an ephemeral joy that we can hold only in our memories! (Well, he didn't use those exact words, but kinda close.)

Also, he didn't bite me. Does he usually bite people? Should I feel slighted?
  • Did you want to get bitten?
  • Well, it *was* a zombie game we were playing.
  • Check out Luke Crane's twitter feed. He did share a YouTube video of Jared running a silent Parsely game at one point.
    That is what I posted.
  • Scott, you really shouldn't have licked all those fingers at PAX.

He didn't tell you the part about all sugar dipping station. An entire hot tub full of pixy stik and pop rox.
  • edited April 2012
    This is fucking early:

Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • Where and how did you find this? I'm sure this is only for Enforcers only.
  • Well I'm not messing around. Reserved.
  • Well I'm not messing around. Reserved.
    Same. I'm right in that:

SHERATON SEATTLE HOTEL & TOWERS

Is the "proper" choice? I'm 99.9999% sure I'm right, but in things purchased on impulse like this I can't help but want someone else to look over my shoulder.
  • Yes. It's right next to it. Most the hotels are like within 1 to 2 blocks of the convention center. The Sheraton is across the street as well as houses several panel rooms.
  • Booked, thanks for the tip. If anyone want to split a room with me let me know you guys get first dibs. Of course I got the Quad room in the Sheraton Hotel and Towers so to maximize PAX time.
  • edited April 2012
    Information was removed from the post I linked to on the forums. Removed it from my post as well.

PM me as needed I guess. I just don't want to be "that guy."
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • edited April 2012
    I'm gonna pass on Prime until at least my credit card is paid off. Honestly it's probably never though. I can't think of a situation where I'll travel 5 hours by plane to go to a con. I don't like it that much...
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Well you mostly hung out and didn't you ignore gaming for an entire day? SHAME!

If anything, I would say come to hang out with friends or if a large group of FRC would end up going. Seattle is fun. But it's ok.
  • edited April 2012
    Anyone who I have ever heard say anything negative about PAX had some extremely clear reason to blame themselves. Number one reason is usually not playing enough games. If you didn't have dice or cubes in your hand at 2am three days in a row, then you did it wrong, or you got sick. Neither of which is PAX's fault.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I love PAX, but will have zero vacation to spare. Also I don't want to be with the "Den of thieves"
  • Anyone who I have ever heard say anything negative about PAX had some extremely clear reason to blame themselves. Number one reason is usually not playing enough games. If you didn't have dice or cubes in your hand at 2am three days in a row, then you did it wrong, or you got sick. Neither of which is PAX's fault.
    There's no way you can deny that the lines for some of the exhibits in the expo hall are too long. It doesn't bother me but I do view it as a negative.

• There's no way you can deny that the lines for some of the exhibits in the expo hall are too long. It doesn't bother me but I do view it as a negative.
    Honestly I've never seen anything that was worth waiting in that line for. To me, the Expo Hall is mostly a trap to keep the masses clear of my gaming. ;^)

• Anyone who I have ever heard say anything negative about PAX had some extremely clear reason to blame themselves. Number one reason is usually not playing enough games. If you didn't have dice or cubes in your hand at 2am three days in a row, then you did it wrong, or you got sick. Neither of which is PAX's fault.
    There's no way you can deny that the lines for some of the exhibits in the expo hall are too long. It doesn't bother me but I do view it as a negative.
    PAX does not control the Expo Hall. Other than a few rules and regulations, like no booth babes, exhibitors do as they please. PAX has no control over them, doesn't try to control them, and doesn't want to control them. If exhibitors are stupid, that's not PAX fault. If attendees want to wait in those lines, then that's also not PAX fault.
  • Honestly I've never seen anything that was worth waiting in that line for. To me, the Expo Hall is mostly a trap to keep the masses clear of my gaming. ;^)

That's mostly why it doesn't bother me
  • A convention and lines. You don't say.
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah I'm sure it's a common convention problem but PAX is the only convention I've been to. Music festivals tend to not have this problem but that's because they're more conditioned to performance viewing instead of hands on displays. Similar to panels I suppose.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • PAX is most awesome when you're doing whatever you want at any given time. For some people that's always board games. For me, that means bouncing around between board games, socializing, panels, and sleep. A problem I ran into this last time is my friend I brought along was a little less social than I thought he would be (total role reversal there) and I felt bad about "just letting him go" while I ran around and did something I wanted to do solo. That's a difficult compromise I guess, I don't have a better solution.
  • I am infamous with my group of just leaving them as soon as we get to the convention and riding solo. This goes double for PAX considering I have yet to meet a non cool stranger to chill and play games with. I have never let ditching people bother me, and my posse has learned to not let it bother them.
  • Sorry, I didn't mean to insult your guys' religion. :P

I mean don't get me wrong, PAX was great. I had an awesome time running Mafia for the first time. I just don't wanna fly across the country for it is all.
  • Sorry, I didn't mean to insult your guys' religion. :P

I mean don't get me wrong, PAX was great. I had an awesome time running Mafia for the first time. I just don't wanna fly across the country for it is all.
  • edited April 2012
    So when I go to conventions I always do a bunch of comics about my experience and I've started the PAX comics. Here's some (one before it goes on the site):

Post edited by Viga on
  • I don't see any hotel reg link in the PAX forums. Halp?