This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Meta Forum Comments

Comments

• chaosof99 said:

For some reason, all of the buttons next to my username at the top right of the page aren't showing up. When I mouse over them, the cursor turns into a hand, and I can see the various links urls at the bottom left of the screen, but the actual graphics are invisible. I am on my work computer and am using Internet Explorer 11.

This could be a CSS issue. Closing the browser and/or Ctrl + F5 might help here to load the css and the font file the icons use.
    Nope, still not working. I even reset my entire computer. Also, upon logging in again, I noticed that the box to "keep you signed in" was also not displaying.

• Love the dark. Darkly or Cyborg. My eyes are happy.
  • Thus far, only 2 people seem to not like the dark theme, Scott, and TheWhaleShark. Unfortunately for literally everyone else, the only person who's opinion matters is the former.
  • Three people The dark theme feels like I'm on 420chan.
  • Naoza said:

Thus far, only 2 people seem to not like the dark theme, Scott, and TheWhaleShark. Unfortunately for literally everyone else, the only person who's opinion matters is the former.

My opinion on everything always matters.

• Greg said:

Three people The dark theme feels like I'm on 420chan.

I was thinking Lainchan, but yeah. I don't really give a shit about the new layout, but I would prefer it to be not such a stark contrast.
  • Greg said:

Three people The dark theme feels like I'm on 420chan.

Now it's 3

Naoza said:

Thus far, only 2 people seem to not like the dark theme, Scott, and TheWhaleShark. Unfortunately for literally everyone else, the only person who's opinion matters is the former.

My opinion on everything always matters.

Your opinion matters insofar as it influences the forum administrator's opinion, just like everyone else.
  • Loving the dark theme, however the blue buttons clash so much with the turquoise, it's awful. I can get used to the sidebar being on the wrong right side though.
  • All we've learned today is who appreciates good design, and who has the taste of a 13 year old running a black terminal with neon green text.
  • Naoza said:

I'm okay with new layout. I fucking HATE reading white on black. Boo on this color scheme! It literally hurts my eyes.
  • Naoza said:

I'm okay with new layout. I fucking HATE reading white on black. Boo on this color scheme! It literally hurts my eyes.
    One more on the smart person side of the fence.
  • Apreche said:

All we've learned today is who appreciates good design, and who has the taste of a 13 year old running a black terminal with neon green text.

If I wanted to use a Pip Boy Id iust use a Pip Boy.
  • edited September 2016
    Apreche said:

Naoza said:

One more on the smart person side of the fence.
    Scott: proper noun defined as: Someone who takes something as subjective as colour preferences and mistakes his opinion for objective fact.
    Post edited by Naoza on
  • Please please please not white text on black background. For the love of god. Anything but that.

• Even with the 'new post' thread titles bolded, I still find it slightly more difficult to identify them. Would it be too garish if the title colors were changed too? Maybe to the same yellow as the 'New' block?
  • UncleUlty said:

Even with the 'new post' thread titles bolded, I still find it slightly more difficult to identify them. Would it be too garish if the title colors were changed too? Maybe to the same yellow as the 'New' block?

Yeah, I can put a color on that CSS property, but not until we settle on some colors overall. Don't want something that clashes.
  • Personally, I prefer light grey text on darker grey background. The higher the numbers in the hex codes on the page, the better. Less light let into my eye = less eye strain. Better for me. Further I have an issue with little squiggles floating around in my eyes.

I consider night mode or a dark theme a usability feature, rather than a color preference. I don't quite have it as bad as CGPGrey but I think that's just because I'm younger. Dark themes are just objectively better for me as they're the only ones without little distracting floaters darting every which way like little bugs flying around my screen.
  • Vanilla 1.0 actually let the user pick their theme if they were logged in. Vanilla 2.0 doesn't have that. If I make a forum, it would. Because why not?
  • I'm still not seeing any of the "buttons" next to my username at the top right of the screen.
  • Scott's design sensibilities seem solid enough to me.
  • Wha-hey, this is new. I like the light theme, but I tend to agree with those who prefer the dark even though I don't see it right now.
  • Is this light theme less aggressive than the previous one? Because I find this very easy on the eyes.
  • Is this light theme less aggressive than the previous one? Because I find this very easy on the eyes.

I went through them one by one until I found one that didn't have a color that made me want to stab somebody.
  • I like the mobile layout. Color theme looks the same as the previous one or is close enough.
  • Can we get Comic Sans up in here? Or at least Papyrus?
  • Better than the last bleach theme, but still need to fix it later.
  • Okay, now with this color scheme, I'm pro this whole switch. Still agree with others on making it easier to tell which threads are unread, but overall I like it.
  • I think the shade of blue needs a little improvement tbqh
  • Soooooo Bright.
  • edited September 2016
    Good change. The mobile sucks way less now.

Quick edit: does anyone have an issue with the font color? it seems too light or something, it's not pleasant although it could just be a weird thing with my screen.
    Post edited by SuperPichu on