This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Meta Forum Comments

Comments

• Dammit! I always miss the shipping. That's my cue!
    Don't worry, we always know you're with us in spirit.
  • Dammit! I always miss the shipping. That's my cue!
    Don't worry, we always know you're with us in spirit.
    I secretly expect that you're behind it all, Viga.
  • edited February 2013
    I just realized: We haven't had to pull the magical teapot argument out on the forum for a few years now. It must be getting lonely, sitting in space all alone.

EDIT: It could have also been the FSM postulate. Either way, good on us for not arguing about religion!
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Clearly I'm slacking.
  • edited February 2013
    Clearly I'm slacking.
    <3
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • We haven't seen the "Why People Think Rym & Scott are gay" thread in a while as well.
    More and more I want to get together with one of you programmer folks and do something like Google Ngram for this forum.
  • That thread's been down for like a year, and I miss it terribly.

I might have to restart it again just to remind people about WPTRaSaG: The Movie: Special Audio-only Edition for the Hard of Seeing.
  • That was made so long ago, surely it's time for a sequel. WPTRaSaG:TM2:MSIFUSNIS/SY:ISUDT?
  • edited February 2013
    If there is to be a sequel, it is to be made by someone who has as much free time and dedication to penis jokes as I did back in 2008.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • Shipping those two was a hilarious phase in the forum. I think I drew something for that thread. Badly drawn probably.
  • You drew many awesome things.
  • You draw many awesome things.
  • Awww yeah ivory tower doors are locked and barred. Let's get the party started.
  • Awww yeah ivory tower doors are locked and barred. Let's get the party started.
    They're only barred to spammers. Any actual human that actually asks will get in.
    Is Rome burning or is the Pox back?
  • Sounds like Spam Pox.
    Is Rome burning or is the Pox back?
    Rome burnt so many times it wasn't even funny. Fun fact violent bouts of cholera kept other nasty plagues from breaking out in Rome as it killed of most of those that were vulnerable.
  • I have a theory that everything that happened before the 1880s ended with "and then cholera fucked everyone's shit up). It's just a question of how long it took.
  • I have a theory that everything that happened before the 1880s ended with "and then cholera fucked everyone's shit up). It's just a question of how long it took.
    Well don't forget the Black Plague nearly fucked us up so bad we might all be inbred hicks.
    Well don't forget the Black Plague nearly fucked us up so bad we might all be inbred hicks.
    Ehhhh the Black Death is up for debate. It did have a big impact but not to the inbred stage. Now if were to look at that, go for an ice age or something like that. Theres not been much in recent history that would reduce the European peoples to inbreas.
  • It did have a big impact but not to the inbred stage.
    Ooooh no I've been to Wales you can't fool me.

Let's not forget the Antonine plague, which killed significant portion of the Roman Empire, from which it never recovered. That was some nasty shit.
  • Someone did the math as to how many ancestors people would've had to have had living in the 16th Century, and compared it to global population and came to the conclusion that everyone is related to everyone at least twice only going back that far.

Inbreeding is always occurring, just make sure the parties aren't in too close proximity.
  • It did have a big impact but not to the inbred stage.
    Ooooh no I've been to Wales you can't fool me.

Oh that all came later as the North lost the coal mines :P
  • For a very brief moment, there was an ad.

Did anyone else see it, or was it just me?
  • Ads? What are those?
  • I saw it yesterday when I was browsing from a school computer.
  • Rym said:

). This would also be the era where he and I thought it might be a good idea to buy some heavy iron sticks and film ourselves trying to murder one another with them in the forest while acting out scenes from MacBeth.
    I FOUND THE VHS TAPE OF THAT A FEW WEEKS AGO.

Maybe it's time for Youtube.

Maybe it is.

/threadnecromancy
  • Anybody else seeing this error intermittently on the forum?
  • Yeeep.