This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Connecticon 2012

Comments

• Awesome moment: Checking into the Marriott, desk clerk asks me, in a warning/nervous tone, "Have you been here for this convention before?"

Oh, yeah.
  • I wish I was going this year. It's the first one I've missed since 2004.

• That's good because I don't have one matching fixture for my booth. It's gonna look like a thrift shop. :-)
    That's basically like have of them man, it's totally cool.
  • We have the ghetto-iest handmade banner EVER.

FIVE-ever.
  • edited July 2012
    Awesome moment: Checking into the Marriott, desk clerk asks me, in a warning/nervous tone, "Have you been here for this convention before?"

Oh, yeah.
    LOL!

Sarah, my daughter: Dad! That's a man, in a dress! He's got a dress on!

Post edited by muppet on
  • At least she wasn't exposed to the dude wearing nothing but angel wings and tie-dye tighty whities like I was a couple years ago.
  • Awesome moment: Checking into the Marriott, desk clerk asks me, in a warning/nervous tone, "Have you been here for this convention before?"

Oh, yeah.
    LOL!

Sarah, my daughter: Dad! That's a man, in a dress! He's got a dress on!

Oh so innocent....
  • Want to sleep but cant. Have to build another jewelry rack..
  • Still not asleep. Nearly 1 am. I am so doomed tomorrow.
  • Also, Brony vs. Brony, a MLP fanboy/girl gameshow!
    That sounds like best panel! Sadly it's at same time as my family panel or I'd be there.

Also, more broadly speaking: I am now a fan of Cards Against Humanity.
  • Stupid convention. This is one of the only times where I wished I lived on the east coast. Work is boring. I'm left all alone to my own devices and that makes it even worse.
  • Its what you get for living on the worst coast. :P
  • I won't be saying this in 1.5 months.
  • I won't be saying this in 1.5 months.
    That is true, but we still have MAGfest. :P
  • Meh. No contest.
  • edited July 2012
    West Coast will just make its own Connecticon. Now I just need to think up a name...

EDIT: Seacon, GENIUS!
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • West Coast will just make its own Connecticon. Now I just need to think up a name...

EDIT: Seacon, GENIUS!
    Seacon in Sealand? Do you know how little that venue is to hold a convention?

• The convention center? Or what are you talking about? I'm confused
  • Looks like it will be my daughter and I in attendance for Saturday.
  • Holy fuck Overthinking Video Games drew a full room.

As stupid as this sounds, I really didn't expect it to. I was expecting only a few people; when Wyatt told me there were people lining up for that panel, I thought he was joking with me at first.
  • We have arrived. On the stairs in line for registration.
  • edited July 2012
    Hashtags might work, but this ain't Twitter. Just so you know.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • HMTKSteve, if you aren't on the GroupMe and want to be, let us know. Most of the onsite chat is happening there.
  • Yes, please add. We are planning on hitting up brony vs brony next.
  • If anyone I haven't met yet comes to Craziest Mecha Moments, poke me after for some hellos.
  • Is that a panel?
  • HTMKSteve, we need your email address in order to add you; sorry I wasn't clearer before.
  • Its my user name at Gmail. Over at the puella magi panel, front row.
  • Steve, I apparently streetpassed you today. Were you the guy with a young son and a younger daughter who talked to me very briefly after Mecha moments?
  • Nope. Just me and my daughter.

We only met Rym, Scott and Viga.